Villa v Leeds - 8pm Friday 13th January ‘23 - Premier League | Page 27 | Vital Football

Villa v Leeds - 8pm Friday 13th January ‘23 - Premier League

Just seen the 2 minutes soccer Saturday spent talking about our game by which I mean talking about Leeds and how unlucky they were. The only mention we got was Jeff Stelling saying in an extremely begrudging tone "a world class save whatever you might think of Emi Martinez" meaning I hate this guy but unfortunately he's brilliant.

A Villa fan was hit by a bottle thrown from the away coach park. It couldn't have happened more than a minute or so before I walked past as the police were being directed towards the coach the perpetrator had ran onto. The chap who got hit was sitting on the curb surrounded by police.
Road cordoned off by police after a traffic cone and bottle thrown. My god how soft are we getting?

Just seen the 2 minutes soccer Saturday spent talking about our game by which I mean talking about Leeds and how unlucky they were. The only mention we got was Jeff Stelling saying in an extremely begrudging tone "a world class save whatever you might think of Emi Martinez" meaning I hate this guy but unfortunately he's brilliant.

Whether you love or hate him, he’s good for the game. We need more characters like we had in the 90’s

A Villa fan was hit by a bottle thrown from the away coach park. It couldn't have happened more than a minute or so before I walked past as the police were being directed towards the coach the perpetrator had ran onto. The chap who got hit was sitting on the curb surrounded by police.

They also jumped on a slow moving container train going through the station, then were kicking of at the station staff for the hold up after they had to stop the train in the station and arrest the knob head!

Sky player ratings for last night's game.

Aston Villa: Martinez (9), Young (7), Konsa (7), Mings (6), Digne (6), Luiz (7), Kamara (9), Ramsey (7), Buendia (8), Bailey (9), Watkins (6),

Subs: Moreno (7), Ings (6), Sanson (6), Coutinho (6).

As for Bailey, I don’t know what to say. I posted pre-game I was glad he started because at least he gave us width and have Leeds something to think about. He’s a match winner and complete liability all in one.

It'd be fucking grand if he didnt lose the ball in our own half. Why do you have to beat the extra player when you've just created the time and space to pick out a pass. I can forgive losing the ball in the final 3rd because you're trying to make something happen but not when you're 70 yards from their goal.

Leeds . Plucky losing since promotion.

Fuck em, not interested in them being better than us . Pmsl at Jesse February or whatever his name is saying that he would take losing like that if it meant the bigger picture for them is better for it . Eh?. Yeah , yeah as if that will ever be the case in elite football. Delusional.

I would take what happened yesterday and winning like that every day of the week and twice on Saturday over plucky losing.

[QUOTE="Melon Donkey, post: 3638694, member: 3445"

I would take what happened yesterday and winning like that every day of the week and twice on Saturday over plucky losing.[/QUOTE]

Yes and me, it was a classic away win but at home, so won't get the same praise but it does get 3 POINTS and a big W just the same

I guarantee its because he slipped on the halfway line and nothing else.

Same as Buendia getting an 8 just because he scored and Bailey a 9 They were both pretty awful apart from scoring.
Mings was a 7 until he fell over.

To me, Kamara was a 10 and Dougie a 9 Moreno was a 9 as it was very good for a debut in the PL at that speed of a game

Great result last night! Enjoyed beating that lot. They don’t know how to take their chances and their defence is sh*t.
It took a mistake from Young to gift them a goal.
Kamara and Emi were both excellent throughout the game and get equal shares in motm from me
Impressive debut from Moreno. I like the way he covered our rb when they looked odds on to score.
4 wins from 6 in the pl and losing only once is impressive from Unai. With further additions we’ll be a team that’s going places.
Btw the official was an embarrassment to refereeing. Coyl!