US Politics Thread | Page 613 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Can I add this. I am very cautious on stairs these days and not only on account of just being a few years younger than POTUS.
A few years back we were at a concert and on the way out we were overtaken by an older woman who then lost her footing and went down seven or eight steps. She hit the floor of the landing with her head. The sound was awful. My wife went to assist her and I ran to get first aid. Afterwards, my better half was in mild shock. She had the woman's blood on her hands and clothes. We heard afterwards that she had died. Anyone can miss a step. I'm not reading too much into today's incident. As you say, HR, he'd do better to be a little more stately!

believe me. joe was running up them steps 2 at a time, seanie

believe me. joe was running up them steps 2 at a time, seanie
Yes. He needs to go up 2 steps. Then rest have a bit of milk. Few deep breathes. Then another 2 steps. Rest. Maybe a short sit down.
Then claim he has been in senate for 120 years to a random. Breathe. In. Out.
Another 2 steps.
Slowly slowly.

lol Col....the 120 years was clearly a joke at those barbing he's old and been around forever.

I thought that press coverage 'was it a slip up' was disgraceful.

Honestly mate, why do you seem to hate him so much after everything that came before especially as in Biden's case it's mostly Trump claimed bollocks that now persists rather than any real concerns?

lol Col....the 120 years was clearly a joke at those barbing he's old and been around forever.

I thought that press coverage 'was it a slip up' was disgraceful.

Honestly mate, why do you seem to hate him so much after everything that came before especially as in Biden's case it's mostly Trump claimed bollocks that now persists rather than any real concerns?
I dont hate the man at all.
Im just getting Heaths blood pressure ready for his next bike ride.
So in a way im being helpful. 🤣🤣🤣

I dont hate the man at all.
Im just getting Heaths blood pressure ready for his next bike ride.
So in a way im being helpful. 🤣🤣🤣
200w.gif

Cheeky fucker! PMSL

Apparently, there are 15,000 children in custody at the Mexican border and 6,000 people crossing every day.

I know Biden has put Harris on the issue but unless they get a handle on the issues that make these people leave their homelands, they are going to keep coming.

Could the US accept 2m immigrants a year?

I'd guess it could, especially during good times.

Apparently, there are 15,000 children in custody at the Mexican border and 6,000 people crossing every day.

I know Biden has put Harris on the issue but unless they get a handle on the issues that make these people leave their homelands, they are going to keep coming.

Could the US accept 2m immigrants a year?

I'd guess it could, especially during good times.

Saw a programme by Simon Reeves the other week it said there didn’t used to be a border that long ago - even now it’s only 1/3rd of the way across. In the old days, thousands crossed for work easily, then went home the same day.

The drug cartels are raping and kidnapping people, because their family above the borders are willing to pay the ransom of thousands to free them. There is more money in it than the drugs. A group of Bangladeshi immigrants travelling across Mexico were mugged for everything they own, even the clothes they were wearing.

It’s one of those things where actually not having it would save a lot of very serious crime but I guess politics mean the yanks need to create a case that people are out to attack them for votes.

I know it's fiction but try reading Don Winslow's "Cartel" trilogy. A frightening version of the border drug wars.

@HeathfieldRoad1874 I think you follow US politics more closely than I do. I get the feeling that Biden's infrastructure bill is a done deal. Is that correct?

I would think so, seeing as every democrat I can find supports it.

What's wrong with taxing the ultra rich to pay for jobs for everyone else? They're even going t make sure American businesses get the contracts.

Republicans are moaning about bike lanes, but they do look a bit silly after Trump promised such a Bill during his term.

What's wrong with taxing the ultra rich to pay for jobs for everyone else? They're even going t make sure American businesses get the contracts.

Republicans are moaning about bike lanes, but they do look a bit silly after Trump promised such a Bill during his term.

It was one of the few (2) things I liked about Trump, his promise to invest in America's infrastructure.

It was one of the few (2) things I liked about Trump, his promise to invest in America's infrastructure.

Yes, that and I thought he had a chance to sort out NK, but he screwed that up, and then when he said he would take on China I was disappointed he chose to do it alone, rather than asking allies for help.

Apart from that, he was a complete failure...

The safety net is it seems it'll be split into at least two bills to hopefully also split any votes against from what I heard. Again the Reps are in an interesting place here, massive support amongst their base - Trump promised similar and didn't deliver (what a surprise!).