US Politics Thread | Page 615 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

A deep dive into Capitol Hill arrests has shown participants were 6x more likely to have taken part if they came from areas with a dwindling 'white' population but also that they mostly had no existing ties to right wing elements.

Now what was that about Trump whipping up racism in otherwise quite sensible people having normalised and justified the batshit KKK 'we're under attack' mantra?

It's still happening. Tucker Carlson says the GOP need a Fascist as their next candidate, tonight.

They aren't even trying to hide it. The Dems have a 9 point lead according to the Gallup poll, and it hasn't been above 5% for decades. It a huge shift, and they have no other strategy they can use.

Missed his name, but a Rep senator was on earlier and for him the GOP know they need to go GOP 2.0 for the next election and ensure an individual is never bigger than the party ever again.

If he's right, how many Reps aren't going public as they are still scared of Trumps reaction?

It's a pathetic position to be in and the likes of Fucker Carlson will feed off it to butter his own dying bread...although I did love Gaetz trying to implicate him lol

Most Reps are scared to even consider a new GOP. They are still scared of Trump, even though he was directly responsible for losing both Senate seats in Georgia. Whoever he endorses seems to lose.

It is very sad to see, but being a liberal, I love how the right is dying over there. Down to 36% conservative bias now. 35% liberal and 25% moderate.

Yes, sadly too many don't seem to look for proof of so much winning do they!

We've long said on here they are a dying breed, it's why it's so frustrating the Dems seem to struggle for a real message as they should be cleaning up in this climate.

US President Joe Biden has issued an order targeting homemade guns, known as "ghost guns" because they are unregistered and untraceable.

"Gun violence in this country is an epidemic, and it's an international embarrassment," he said on Thursday.

snip

However, the president will have an uphill task. The right to bear arms is protected by the Second Amendment to the US Constitution and many people see gun control laws as infringing on this constitutional right.

Hours after the president's address, a gunman killed one person and injured five others at a cabinet-making shop in Bryan, Texas. A state trooper was also shot and injured while taking the suspect into custody.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56672892

Beyond belief these days really isn't it? They would prefer the right to bear arms than the right for citizens to be safe and for there not to be mass slaughters.

US President Joe Biden has issued an order targeting homemade guns, known as "ghost guns" because they are unregistered and untraceable.

"Gun violence in this country is an epidemic, and it's an international embarrassment," he said on Thursday.

snip

However, the president will have an uphill task. The right to bear arms is protected by the Second Amendment to the US Constitution and many people see gun control laws as infringing on this constitutional right.

Hours after the president's address, a gunman killed one person and injured five others at a cabinet-making shop in Bryan, Texas. A state trooper was also shot and injured while taking the suspect into custody.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56672892

Beyond belief these days really isn't it? They would prefer the right to bear arms than the right for citizens to be safe and for there not to be mass slaughters.

BuT mAh FrEEdUmS!

The founding fathers of this country would be furious about how this is being interpreted today. I am well and truly over this country of mine. Anyone want to adopt a ginger with a husband, 7 year old twin girls and Roxie?

"Our investigation has shown that Trump Administration officials engaged in a persistent pattern of political interference in the nation's public health response to the coronavirus pandemic, overruling and bullying scientists and making harmful decisions that allowed the virus to spread more rapidly,"

Comment released by the select subcommittee in the United States House of Representatives that is now investigating how the federal government managed the country's response to the covid pandemic.

I'm very sceptical about politicians in general but I've been impressed by Biden so far. He's got stuck in to the real issues and isn't pissing about with idiotic ideologies.

If he can pass the infrastructure bill, I'll start counting myself as a fan. That one will kick trikle-down economics into the bin where it belongs.

Could it be that sleepy Joe is actually Sleeper Joe, sneaking in there under the guise of harmless uncle and fixing real problems?

*as soon as he starts some stupid war, I'm out.

The House of Representatives passed legislation Thursday which would give statehood to Washington, D.C., making it the 51st state in the U.S.

This is big news. The State would almost be guaranteed to provide two Democrat Senators, and could change US politics for a generation to come.

I've never truly understood why it wasn't anyway?