TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread

randy.stand - 6/2/2009 18:38

You have to pay for the internet though whenever you use it on most of the other touch screens apart from iphone. That why i got the Iphone. Its unlimited internet.

I got a ipod dock for it today.

unlimited on my omna, email too....

next

Benham - 6/2/2009 19:28

randy.stand - 6/2/2009 18:38

You have to pay for the internet though whenever you use it on most of the other touch screens apart from iphone. That why i got the Iphone. Its unlimited internet.

I got a ipod dock for it today.

unlimited on my omna, email too....

next

Yep, unlimited on my HTC as well.

Benham - 6/2/2009 19:45

HTC is a good one....again better than the iphone, how much storage you got mate?

I've got the 16Gb Micro SD Card. The Touch Pro only has 512Mb internal, so 16Gb is great. Using about 12Gb of it at the moment, mainly because of my MP3 collection and Tomtom.

Have you got an HTC then?

Well I have the C905 at the mo and the wife has one on order which is out of stock. I'll give it till Wednesday and then maybe order the HTC. What's it like for texting on ??

Oh and 02 are giving free bolt on so most people get free internet. And anyway a few have WIFI so you can use your own network at home.

HTC will almost certainly have WIFI. Texting with the HTC HD will probably require the use of the stylus if you use the on screen qwerty keyboard. They do have a number of different keypad/keyboard configurations, but one of the major criticisms of Windows Mobile is that it isn't completely finger friendly. As I say, I have the PRO which has the full keyboard which slides out, which I find perfect for me.

If you can try one in the shop first I would recommend it.

''Still the Daddy of Multi media phones & nobody has come even close to emulating the interface of this phone. With very few drawbacks (mainly the camera) it stands head and shoulders above the rest. Benchmark of all touch screen phones''.

Read and weep Benham. Read.

lol.

Norway's most popular consumer rights TV program, TV2 Hjelper Deg, has just done a test of touch-screen phones. The iPhone didn't win, that said neither did my personal favourite, the Omnia. HTC came out the winner but they did say that purely for internet use the iPhone was the best.

randy.stand - 8/2/2009 20:14

''Still the Daddy of Multi media phones & nobody has come even close to emulating the interface of this phone. With very few drawbacks (mainly the camera) it stands head and shoulders above the rest. Benchmark of all touch screen phones''.

lol.

I should think so with it being £90 on an 18 month Contract of £35 !!

Problem is it's massive, It has no Video recording and no MMS.

Still-Ian - 8/2/2009 21:27

randy.stand - 8/2/2009 20:14

lol.

I should think so with it being £90 on an 18 month Contract of £35 !!

Problem is it's massive, It has no Video recording and no MMS.

Is he talking about the iPhone? If so what the use is it if you can't copy and paste or edit any documents sent to you? It's for people who are easily distracted by shiny things. All show, no go.

Why does it get so much free advertising? It's major news when a new model is launched, yet HTC launch 5 new phones in the same time and nobody mentions it?

I phone yeah it's just an I Pod touch with a phone attached !
For serious music people 8 or even 16gb isn't enough to store your music on.

Still-Ian - 8/2/2009 21:52

I phone yeah it's just an I Pod touch with a phone attached !
For serious music people 8 or even 16gb isn't enough to store your music on.

true that.
I have about 1GB left on my 160GB ipod :(

I found a phone around my dads house the other day.. bugger knows what it is.. but im using that now.. beats the phone thats been falling apart for the past two years :p

Depends what you use your phone for. I don't need my phone to read documents or do anything with documents.

Being realistic, video recording, bad the Iphone hasn't got that, but have you seen how shit mobile phone video recording is anyway?

And MMS- Yeah thats the one thing is a bit crap too. But once again, doubt i'd ever use it.

For me its practical, Text- Great, Phone- Great, Maps- Great, Camera- Fine for me, Internet- Out of this world. No touch screen phone can beat the Iphone with internet, no way. App Store is brilliant too.
And also saves me from buying an Ipod. I used to be spending about £35 a month on pay as you go so its a pretty good deal for me.

And as for the too big thing- All the smart phones are pretty largish, they have to be really for the touch screen. But anyway, i prefer that to small phones.

Iphone gets the thumbs up from me everytime. But depends what you need your phone for. For someone who needs to work documents etc, Blackberry or HTC is perfect. For a cheapish alternative to Iphone, Tocco/Omnia/Cookie etc etc. For a pointless phone which is worse than the Iphone but tries to copy- Google android.

All depends on what you need it for basically. And for me personally- Iphone fits the bill.

No problem randy, if it does what you want, then go for it. I just can't see why Apple keep missing the obvious. The first phone had no WiFi or 3G, now they launch a second and it's still flawed?

You do know there is free download called iFonz that makes any Window Mobile phone look and work like an iPhone? All the advantages of the HTC and the iPhone in one.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 8/2/2009 22:36

No problem randy, if it does what you want, then go for it. I just can't see why Apple keep missing the obvious. The first phone had no WiFi or 3G, now they launch a second and it's still flawed?

You do know there is free download called iFonz that makes any Window Mobile phone look and work like an iPhone? All the advantages of the HTC and the iPhone in one.

Yeah i heard about that.

Still pondering what to do when my contract runs out in exactly a year. Depends if Apple brings out a new phone etc by then i guess.

It's a good enough phone if thats what floats your boat

Personally I prefer the 6600 Fold as I think it looks better

If you were to get a new Nokia get the 5800 Express, Packed with features you can get it free on o2's new £15 a month tarrif BARGAIN

Or if you can wait then get hold of this little beauty

[img=http://img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/nokia/nokia-n97-00.jpg]

read the specs here http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n97-2615.php

That looks a great phone

In fact a mate of mine did that with his Windows Mobile phone but it was all jittery. Like scrolling between pages. If your going to get the HTC or another Windows phone i'd recommend just to keep it as that, and not get applications which look like Iphone but probably don't work as well as it.