TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread | Page 90 | Vital Football

TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread

JamTomorrow - 28/10/2013 15:07

What's the opinion on the HTC one now that people have had time to play with it?

Or is there so much better out there?

I've had one since May, and it is awesome. I have Wifi and Bluetooth on all day, and still have 80% battery left at the end of the day. It's quick and smooth, and feels great.

I wish I could find a fault in some ways, but I just can't.

How bothered are you about size and weight?

If you want a big screen and don't really mind a heavy device then how about the HTC One MAX?

http://www.s21.com/htc-one-max.htm

Official Nexus 5 spec ahead of its reported Friday launch -

Screen - 4.95" 1920x1080 display (445 ppi). Corning Gorilla Glass 3.

Cameras - 1.3MP Front Facing, 8MP Rear Facing OIS

Dimensions - 137.84mm x 69.17mm x 8.59mm / 130g

Operating System - OS Android 4.4 Kitkat

Chipset -
- CPU - Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, 2.3ghz
- Wireless, dualband, Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ncNFC (Android Beam) / Bluetooth 4.0

2GB RAM

16GB and 32GB Internal storage models available

Ports/Connectors - MicroUSB, SlimPort Enabled, 3.5mm Stero Audio Jack, Dual Microphones, Ceramic Power and Volume buttons

Think my mind is made up.

Larger screen, yet thinner and lighter than my current Galaxy Nexus.
Twice as much memory, twice as fast CPU, better camera.

Will probably go for the 32GB model though as my current one is 16GB and I'm just about starting to run out of space after nearly 2 years with it.

With loads of biggerand better apps coming out, plus my desire to use the phone as my main source of music int he house, I think 32GB is a must.

Just phoned up Three to cancel my contract as my signal is crap at my new house, but they are going to send me a home signal box worth £150 for free which he said should give me full signal, which will be nice!

Also upgraded to the Nexus 5 handset, 500 mins, 5000 texts and unlimited data for £2 less than I am paying now.

Happy Days!

My contract is up soon. Thinking of going to Giff Gaff and buying a new sim free handset myself. Should save me a fortune, and Orange are a bunch of tossers. Cannot go through their bullshit again this time.

TuBBz dude i know your a bit of a tech whizz so if you don't mind mate i wanted to know if i could be able to plug one of them ''internet gig sticks'' into my new LG smart 3d tv im having this week, not sure if you can only use them on pc's or can i use them on one of these tv's aswell? And do you think them internet usb tv sticks am any good?

I know its not a mobile phone question but would appreciate what you or anybody knows about this stuff cheers.

ClivetheVillan - 9/12/2013 14:01

TuBBz dude i know your a bit of a tech whizz so if you don't mind mate i wanted to know if i could be able to plug one of them ''internet gig sticks'' into my new LG smart 3d tv im having this week, not sure if you can only use them on pc's or can i use them on one of these tv's aswell? And do you think them internet usb tv sticks am any good?

I know its not a mobile phone question but would appreciate what you or anybody knows about this stuff cheers.

When all else fails if you don't get an answer from a virtual human on here, Google it: It is amazing what you can find out on Google :14:

don't go for Samsung if you're used to an iphone skeggy... biggest mistake I made and had to buy an iphone. - take my word mate

Just to be fair, I know many, many people that have moved from iPhone to Android with no problem whatsoever.

It's just down to personal taste or circumstances.

^^^ agreed. I moved from iphone to android and hated it, whereas others have liked it. If you're happy with the iphone and its functions, then I wouldn't bother and get an upgraded iphone.

I just helped a friend upgrade from an iPhone 3 to a 5s. he wanted a Samsung, but I persuaded him to stick with Apple for what he wants. When he got the new phone he wasn't that impressed - a few weeks later he loves it!!

Others I have suggested changing, because they wanted their phone to do more. It's horses for courses.

The ideal situation would be to have each phone for a few weeks before you have to make a decision. I can't see that happening any time soon though!!!!.