TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread

I've always liked Samsung. I have the relic E900 at the moment, might get the Soul, or the new S7330 around March time. Either way I think they make sexy, simple to use phones!

Right, Vodafone Mobile TV packages, I don't quite understand it.

For example the Entertainment pack is £5 a month, but from looking it seems like i might be carged for using the internet to watch the channel, even though I've already paid to do so.

Does it mean that i will get charged £5 for access to the TV channels and then charges on top of that for using the mobile internet to watch the tv?

I thought Tubbz was supposed to be giving us advice on this thread. Where the frigg is he?

Get on here and do some work you lazy fecker!

neilh111 - 1/2/2009 21:30

Hi Tubbs,

C905

Nokia N96

iPhone

Nokia 5800 Music express

Can I buy any of the above, without a contract? I have a company phone, so usually buy my own handset and put the sim in.

I would be reluctant to move from a Nokia, but would be tempted if I could get either the iPhone or the C905. (the company sim is on Vodaphone, not sure if that makes any difference)

I need it to be hard wearing. Small, not bothered about web features as my contract would not support it anyway.

Any recommendations from the above list?

Thanks Tubbz.

C905 IS the best phone on the market mate.

tubbz what can you recommend to someone who wants a really good phone, but dont wanna pay £200-300 for one, and also dont wanna be paying £35 a month......besides a kick in the bollocks for being difficult!

Have you got a current contract Benham?

If so, just play one company off another, I did it with Vodafone and O2, was with O2 but contrract was ending, Vodafone started off wanting £40 with a worse phone than what I've got, kept phoning between the 2 companies and ended up with the phone i wanted and for £25 a month.

nah aint me cox, lad at work whos been bangin on about a new phone for months....his current one has 1mb memory :3:

i have a contract with voda and have the omnia....cracking phone!

Have got the Tocco, which is similar to the Omnia I think?

Just want to know if anyone knows about the mobile TV.

I have a phone which iv had coming up to 2ish years....

The phone logo button has gone missing
The battery is being held in by 18month old selotape
The Memory card doesnt want to go in - so it pushed in with chewing gum.
There is no numbers / letters on the buttons nomore.
The shiney orange buttons are no longer shiney... or orange.
The music speaker is broken / Loud speaker - not that i use it anyway.

Something tells me maybe i should invest in a new one. I use my phone quite a bit.
I'm just not one to go spend £35 a month or a few hundred at once on a phone that gives me stuff i dont really want.

Any ideas on what i should buy? :p

yeah its kinda the same, not sure what the difference are!

never tried it, u know much about wifi? tried to connect to my home wireless but having none of it.....

you insured pretender?? just blag that its broken and get a new one lol

recommned the omnia mate, if you use it for music etc

Benham - 3/2/2009 11:57

yeah its kinda the same, not sure what the difference are!

never tried it, u know much about wifi? tried to connect to my home wireless but having none of it.....

Not a clue mate sorry.

o well, i think the dl speed is faster on my phone anyway!!

but rest assured our tocco and omnia are considerably better than randys iphone

Benham - 3/2/2009 12:00

Never had insurance on a phone :p Never paid anything over £70 so never seemed worth it :p

I'm considering a contract - but I'm looking for one with a free gift :p A Laptop or a games console which i can pass on a birthday present or sommit :p
2 Birds one stone and all that

Ofcourse it is, bluetooth on them things can only be used for headsets, no media messaging, poor camera and a bit pricey.

ThePretender - 3/2/2009 12:10

Benham - 3/2/2009 12:00

Never had insurance on a phone :p Never paid anything over £70 so never seemed worth it :p

I'm considering a contract - but I'm looking for one with a free gift :p A Laptop or a games console which i can pass on a birthday present or sommit :p
2 Birds one stone and all that

Will be looking £35+ a month then i think, and most contracts are now 18months long.

mines a £35 a month job but on a 2 year contract, i know i wont get bored with this one which is what usually happens!!

if you want a freebie son have a look at the carphone warehouse, watch out tho as my mrs had one from there with a wii but they wanted £300 upfront and get it back in 6 months!!