TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread

TuBBz - 9/2/2009 08:29

You tell em Randy

It's like having Windows on a Mac

Its still a Mac

Exactly. I'm not quite sure why anyone would do it.

If you want Iphone's software/apps get an Iphone.

If you windows software/apps get a Windows Phone. Easy as.

And Tubbz- Reckon Apple will be bringing out a new iphone in the next 12 months?

tubbz i was tempted to get myself a new battery for my omnia (as i only charged it for 5 hours when i forst got it as i was too eager to play with it) so think its half dead....ive read about "elite" ones but been told you can only use ones supplied by voda? any recommendations?

randy.stand - 9/2/2009 08:32

And Tubbz- Reckon Apple will be bringing out a new iphone in the next 12 months?

Definately

They have to mate to keep their product fresh & i expect them to make the camera a lot better

I will be able to upgrade you as Apple have a unique agreement with o2 allowing ALL iPhone users to upgrade without completing there existing 18 month contract

BTW Swirly MMS will allow you to send MMS messages

1. Install Swirly,
2. open sftp connection and go to /Apps/SwirlyMMS
3. download or directly edit swirlyMMS file with any text editor,
4. paste the code -

#!/bin/bash
SwirlyMMS=$(dirname "$0")
ddd=$(exec "date" "+%Y-%m-%d %T")
x=exec "date" "-s 2009-02-01"
{ sleep 5; exec "date" "-s $ddd"; } &
exec "${SwirlyMMS}"/SwirlyMMS_

5. edit the date, put a day when your trial still works, remember - put date in YYYY-MM-DD format,
6. save or/and put on your phone edited file,
7. Tadaaa! Swirly really works

want more info, registrer on www.xsellize.com and got to forum post
http://xsellize.com/showthread.php?p=70103

@ Benham

Dont worry about getting a different Battery mate

They get a memory if not charged properly so remember ALWAYS fully discharge your battery then FULLY charge it

Just looking at the APP Store and you can download a MMS app right to your iphone for free from the Apple application store.

randy.stand - 9/2/2009 15:40

Just looking at the APP Store and you can download a MMS app right to your iphone for free from the Apple application store.

Yes mate but its a trial

The code above will crack the time allowed to use it without having to pay

iPhone Nano rumours grow

It wouldn't be a good ending to the year without speculation about yet another new Apple product. Rumors of an Apple iPhone nano have run rampant in recent months and resurfaced as silicone-mold cases designed for iPhone nanos have appeared on the Internet
Vaja, a case manufacturer, listed the iPhone nano on its Web site
among products for which it provides accessories. Since reports of the listing hit the Internet, however, the iPhone nano listing has disappeared.
While it remains only speculation, cases made by XSKN in China also seem to confirm the rumors. On its Web site XSKN lists the iPhone nano as a product for which it manufactures cases. When a user clicks on the link, however, it goes to a registration page.
Getting Stronger
Other accessories have also been surfacing, such as the iPhone dock developed by North Carolina-based Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO), which produces a line of computer and digital-music accessories, including for the Apple iPod and iPhone. Requests for comment from DLO were not answered in time for publication.
"The iPhone nano rumor has been around for a while, but with two case vendors now advertising cases for a nonexistent and non-announced device, the rumor does get stronger," said Michael Gartenberg, vice president of mobile strategy for Jupitermedia. "Like the iPod, it's likely the iPhone will fragment into a family of devices at different price points and features at some point in the future."
Some believe the rumors have no truth, and manufacturers are simply rolling out products in anticipation of the device; others say it's safe to presume that these manufacturers would not be working on accessories they didn't believe would be bought by consumers.
"Presumably, they need specs from Apple," Gartenberg said. "Prior to the last revision of the nano, there were similar leaks of pending cases that proved accurate, giving credibility to the latest round of rumors."
Building Up Momentum
While speculation about the iPhone nano has become stronger, it is also building up anticipation for Macworld.
In less than one week, Apple will make its last appearance at the Macworld Conference & Expo, slated for Jan. 5-9 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
It would be fitting for Apple to end its appearances at Macworld with a bang. And what other way to do it than announcing a mini-version of its hottest-selling mobile device?
"We'll have to wait a few more days to see if that point happens at Macworld," Gartenberg said.

http://www.phoneyworld.com/newspage.aspx?n=3309

Ok Here is Finally is

The iPhone Killer

Introducing the LG KM900 AKA The Arena

[img=http://img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/lg/lg-km900-02.jpg]

[img=http://i.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/mwc09-lg/gsmarena_001.jpg]

This phone has EVERYTHING the iphone has and then some

Sorry Randy this IS Much Much Better

They have blatently ripped it off but on this occation they have managed to surpass it

The phone is released around mid March

Well the features are without a doubt better, camera, video camera etc etc but would it have the proper wicked applications the Iphone has to download? That's the only thing i'd have problems with.

Java based applications

So in answer to your question yes x10

There are more Java applications than you can shake a stick at

Check Here http://www.ipmart-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=375

265 pages of games in just that one section

http://www.ipmart-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374

424 Pages of Apps there

Good enough for you mate?

Tubbz - Is the SE Idou going to be the best phone ever or what ?!?

http://www.mobilegazette.com/sony-ericsson-idou-09x02x15.htm

Still-Ian - 24/2/2009 18:34

The camera will be without a doubt

Jesus my SLR is only 10.5mp

The rest remains to be seen

TuBBz - 24/2/2009 18:40

randy.stand - 24/2/2009 18:34

All a download onto your computer job is it?

Depends what handset you have

The Arena has it's own desktop of course ;)

That's a question i wanted to ask actually, when im due for an upgrade, January 2010, if theres NOT a new iphone out and i just want another Iphone 3g do i get another handset for free or pay again? Because if i have to pay balls to them.

TuBBz - 24/2/2009 18:39

Still-Ian - 24/2/2009 18:34

The camera will be without a doubt

Jesus my SLR is only 10.5mp

The rest remains to be seen

Well the 8mp one on the C905 is brilliant. The only hmm is the operating system - I remember the W960i (Symbian is it) was slow and froze a lot.

Well the 8mp one on the C905 is brilliant. The only hmm is the operating system - I remember the W960i (Symbian is it) was slow and froze a lot.

The New Arena has a 1GB Processor

Fast as foowk

Hopefully the new Sony will have a decent processor

Phone manufacturers are heading towards the faster processors as the hardware becomes more and more complicated

That's a question i wanted to ask actually, when im due for an upgrade, January 2010, if theres NOT a new iphone out and i just want another Iphone 3g do i get another handset for free or pay again? Because if i have to pay balls to them.

You would have to pay

But as I said to you before, When a new iPhone comes out you will be able to have the new one at whatever the cost os of the new one

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring the price down a little more so its more in line with other phones you can get for free

The better the phone & the more internal gubbings it has the more expensive it becomes

However the new Arena is rumoured to be free at £35 but that remains to be seen

Just watched some videos of the Arena on Youtube.

Looks all laggy when scrolling between stuff. Don't like the cube thing they have got going on.

Looks to me like a LG version of a Samsung Tocco or Pixon.

Heres a boring story for anyone thats interested....

Im due for an upgrade. i have been using a HTC4350 which has broken and ive been using some shitty old nokia.

I wanna new HTC, theres a new one called the HD and its amazing but its about £400 i think.

I rang 02 and they dont do any HTC phones so i said whats the most expensive phone you do, and they told me that on my current contract its some Samsung or something. I said to the guy that id probably just get the most expensive i could and flog it on ebay and use the money to get another phone.

He then said well, save you the bother of having to sell it on ebay whatever youd get on ebay for it ill take off your bill.

it effectively means that i wont have to pay a bill for the next year and i dont get a free phone.

So after all that Tubbz......

Ive got £250 to get a new phone.

One word answer from you for the best one to get in that range thats similar to a 4350?