TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

TuBBz's Mobile Phone Thread

randy.stand - 3/2/2009 15:54

The question is.....when my contract ends....exactly a year away, what should i do? I already get to keep this Iphone and if Apple bring out another Iphone which is likeley i get one free if i agree to another contract, which is good.

Or do i go for a cheaper phone or go for one with a free gift, not sure.

If yr happy with the iphone keep that mate, tho mite be a bit battered and bruised by then.....im always up for an upgrade

I'll keep it anyway. But i'm definetly going to get a new phone out of them. Hopefully the new iphone if they bring it out, if not, probably another Iphone 3g.

my last one was sony k800i....when in for repairs i had a sharpe phone that had 1mb memory....it can with earphones.....

k800i was a very good phone, but i always have an upgrade so went for the omnia plus i also like samsung goods which was also a factor on my decision

I am awaiting delivery of the C905. Last phone I had on Contract was the W800i in 2006. In 07 and 08 I went sim only contracts.
Costing me £25 a month for 200 mins 400 texts and U/L Internet.
Getting the Wife one Friday - She is getting 400 mins 500 texts for £22.50.
Her current provider wouldn't price match Dial a phone so Dial a phone will do the upgrade -- Does this sound Kosher Tubzz or anyone ?

Behold the greatest phone ever made..............

[img=http://img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/nokia/nokia-6300-00.jpg]

Here is how you create ringtones for your iPhone

1.Fire up iTunes 8
2.Find the song you’d like to turn in to a ringtone

3.Right click on the song get info
4.Hit the “Options” tab
5.Check both the “Start Time” and “End Time” boxes
6.Specify what time interval you’d like to use as your ringtone clip (30secs work best)
7.Click “OK”
8.Make sure the song you want is still highlighted
9.Click on “Advanced” in your menu bar
10.Select “Create aac version” or “Create Apple Lossless Version
11.A duplicate copy of your song will appear in iTunes - this new song will have the same filename but shorter “Time”
Go back to the original song and uncheck those “Start Time” and “End Time” boxes
12. Drag the duplicate song to your Desktop
13.Once the duplicate song is copied to your Desktop, delete the duplicate file in iTunes
14.On your Desktop, rename the file with the “.m4r” file extension - Use the new extension
*This turns your song file into an iPhone ringtone file

15.Your “songname.m4a” file should now be named “songname.m4r”
16.Drag the newly renamed .m4r (songname.m4r) file back into iTunes
17.Drag the file over the “Library” column and release when “Library” becomes highlighted
*You have to delete the duplicate song file (Step 12) otherwise iTunes won’t import your new .m4r file
18.You should see your new ringtone under “Ringtones” in iTunes
17.Sync your iPhone to get jiggy with your new iPhone ringtones!

Still-Ian - 3/2/2009 17:53
Does this sound Kosher Tubzz or anyone ?

I have asked around and there appear to be no pork products involved, so I would go for a yes on the kosher front. :14:

I am awaiting delivery of the C905. Last phone I had on Contract was the W800i in 2006. In 07 and 08 I went sim only contracts.
Her current provider wouldn't price match Dial a phone so Dial a phone will do the upgrade -- Does this sound Kosher Tubzz or anyone ?

Thats an excellent deal mate go for it

TuBBz - 6/2/2009 12:26

Thats an excellent deal mate go for it

Done
No Stock though so Arrghh !
Ordered Wednesday so hope they have some in next week.

Any idea's if there is a stock problem ?

An iPhone doesn't work for me. I need to be able to read and edit Word/Excel/Powerpoint documents on the move. And why is there no Copy and Paste facility? Surely that's a basic editing feature you need?

I have an HTC Touch Pro. I know it's not perfect, mainly because of the Windows software, but I love the fact I can get so much software for it. It's replaced my MP3 player, Tomtom, Golf GPS, Pocket PC and in many instances my camera.

I can't wait to see future generations of the Android software. I think it could be just what I need.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 6/2/2009 18:23

An iPhone doesn't work for me. I need to be able to read and edit Word/Excel/Powerpoint documents on the move. And why is there no Copy and Paste facility? Surely that's a basic editing feature you need?

I have an HTC Touch Pro. I know it's not perfect, mainly because of the Windows software, but I love the fact I can get so much software for it. It's replaced my MP3 player, Tomtom, Golf GPS, Pocket PC and in many instances my camera.

I can't wait to see future generations of the Android software. I think it could be just what I need.

Is this similar ??
http://www.e2save.com/o2-contract-phone/HTC+Touch+HD/1/TOUCHHD

Sounds a good deal on 02

Might be an alternative if the C905 is not available.

You have to pay for the internet though whenever you use it on most of the other touch screens apart from iphone. That why i got the Iphone. Its unlimited internet.

I got a ipod dock for it today.

Still-Ian - 6/2/2009 18:30

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 6/2/2009 18:23

Is this similar ??
http://www.e2save.com/o2-contract-phone/HTC+Touch+HD/1/TOUCHHD

Sounds a good deal on 02

Might be an alternative if the C905 is not available.

It's very similar - just a bigger screen and the PRO has a slide out QWERTY keyboard which I find the most useful feature.

If you've never used Windows Mobile be careful. It's not the easiest to get on with. It's basically a computer turned into a phone, rather than a phone from the ground up. I love it because I'm a Geek and love playing, but if ease of use is high on your list try before you buy!!!