Transfer Window - January 2022 | Page 120 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2022

They certainly aren't putting any of their own money in and the club is worth far more than ever before so whilst not taking out on an annual basis, they will profit from the club massively in spite of a lack of success on the pitch.

ENIC out

Your point is so true. Every Sky or BT Sport subscriber and season ticket holder pays Enic's mortgage. When that mortgage is paid up in the future and the house is sold, ENIC will clean up. Said this many times, but I'd be OK with that if us fans got something back in return. We do need more than just a sustainable P&L very soon now. We seem to get further away from trophies every year.

He could well be a double down.

Still, he has the same amount of assists as our top assisters with half the amount of game time this season. He needs game time. Someone likened him to Yarmalenko earlier, which is doing him a disservice. Kulu works a lot harder defensively for the team than Yarma ever has.

It's a risk, but at 21 he has a lot of top level experience already, in both Serie A, the CL and Internationally. It's a lot less risky than Traore finding an end product or learning how to defend. It's more in-line with the types of player I think we should be signing.

He won't get much game time under Conte.

Conte is a now manager, not a long term project manager.

He reminds me of Chadli.

Last edited:
He could well be a double down.

Still, he has the same amount of assists as our top assisters with half the amount of game time this season. He needs game time. Someone likened him to Yarmalenko earlier, which is doing him a disservice. Kulu works a lot harder defensively for the team than Yarma ever has.

It's a risk, but at 21 he has a lot of top level experience already, in both Serie A, the CL and Internationally. It's a lot less risky than Traore finding an end product or learning how to defend. It's more in-line with the types of player I think we should be signing.
I'm okay with his signing however i doubt he'd make an immediate impact. I could be wrong of course but it rarely if ever happens with us. I'm just worried that Conte will walk if he doesn't get the players he needs to break into the top 4 now.
He won't get much game time under Conte.

Conte is a now manager, not a long term project manager.

He reminds me of Chadli.
Pretty much how i view the situation as well. What is the point of hiring a head coach like him & then backing him with interesting prospects lol. I'd say our transfer policy at the moment is in tatters. This could take some time to sort out, time neither we are Conte have.

I'm okay with his signing however i doubt he'd make an immediate impact. I could be wrong of course but it rarely if ever happens with us. I'm just worried that Conte will walk if he doesn't get the players he needs to break into the top 4 now.

Pretty much how i view the situation as well. What is the point of hiring a head coach like him & then backing him with interesting prospects lol. I'd say our transfer policy at the moment is in tatters. This could take some time to sort out, time neither we are Conte have.

If we had a Potter or Ten in charge I'd be all for it.

The club is so stupid. They don't have a scooby.

Don't think I was ever as underhwelmed with reported targets before to the point I wish these deals would never happen.

If the reports are true, Paratici had all this time and this is his list, he needs to go along with his 'recruitment' team.

I said earlier in the thread that he seems to be fixated on Serie A. Some Amrabat, Morata and Kulusevski later, it is proving right.

I have to say that from the outside looking in our current transfer policy seems totally at odds with the type of manager we have in place.

This.

The DOF should have sorted this, but his manager recruitment was such a failure and this is where we're at.

Conte needs immediate results. Kulusevski is one for the future (I think he's dross), but we don't need players for the future, certainly at £30 million. We need PL ready players to improve our 11.

In fact, the whole 'for the future' strategy changed from putting a few million on a player and loaning/integrating him, to spending a good chunk of our funds for them.

Gil, Sess, Berg and Rodon are 'for the future' at £80 million, none have had any real impact. You'd think we could focus on 1-2 of these and spend the rest on a PL player.

Last edited:
This.

The DOF should have sorted this, but his manager recruitment was such a failure and this is where we're at.

Conte needs immediate results. Kulusevski is one for the future (I think he's dross), but we don't need players for the future, certainly at £30 million. We need PL ready players to improve our 11.

In fact, the whole 'for the future' strategy changed from putting a few million on a player and loaning/integrating him, to spending a good chunk of our funds for them.

Gil, Sess, Berg and Rodon are 'for the future' at £80 million, none have had any real impact. You'd think we could focus on 1-2 of these and spend the rest on a PL player.

You're spot on there, looking at the meltdown on social media: it seems many fans are unfortunately absolutists that demand AAA players, under 27 years old and better than the average squad players we have, furthermore they have to be at a bargain prices that Levy would pay and all the bigger teams than us mustn't be interested.

It's quite a tall order. Up and coming players in their teens at this time are probably not as good as the ones they will eventually replace in the team. If we want them to be better now than we already have, then the big teams are already all over them and they have a price tag to match.

There are a multitude of problems with our recruitment, I myself always said years ago that instead of buying four or five 10m players: lets chuck that on a 40-50m star buy who is ready... and look where that got us with our recent splurges. That isn't a problem with the policy, that was a problem with scouting teams, recruitment departments and doing due diligence on what you are buying.

Any other HR department that had spaffed the money we had on bad fitting, unsuitable and seemingly unresearched assets: would've been fired years ago.

Ditto, nothing wrong with paying up to 25m to grab the very best from the Championship, but that didn't pay off with Sessegnon. Again, not a problem with the policy but wonder if anyone looked beyond his ability.

I can't see things improving while the person/people who wouldn't go over 5-7m for Maddison from Coventry/Norwich or Jarrod Bowen from Hull are still running our recruitment. I can't fathom risking 30m on a questionable RB from Barca, when we could be spending that money on young British talent that doesn't have the huge gamble on their ability to settle. Miss the days of us picking up the two Kyles from Sheffield or Etherington and Davies from Posh.

We need a mix of first team ready and up and coming for our targets, I just don't have faith that they are looking into more than their technical abilty.

Apparently we are in for Luiz from Villa now 🤣

The sweet smell of desperation.

Our cycle:

-We sit on our ass for a while and float a few names that are simply pipe dreams to keep fans hope alive.

-We then make a few low ball bids for said pipe dream players and predictably nothing happens.

-We delay longer just to keep the suspense alive...and make a couple low ball bids for actual targets...and again fail miserably...no surprise there.

-VERY LATE in the game we make desperation moves for older passed over players just looking for one last paycheck....to appease a pissed off fanbase...which in reality it doesn't.

-We loan off good young players that could make a positive impact if only given a chance...and then we never see them again...until they start for another team and begin to blossom....as we all thought they would.

**In the meantime teams around us continue to do good business and strengthen...they foster good relationships with other clubs vs becoming public enemy #1 like we are to virtually the whole damn world...

**And our poor ass string of managers have to make due with a shit squad that desperately needs updating...

Tired of this bullshit.