Transfer Window - January 2022 | Page 121 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2022

Villa are closing in on Bentancur from Juve, who are asking for £21 up front. With Paratici's ties to Juve, surely it means we don't think he's good enough, which is odd as he is so much better than Amrabat.

I'd definitely want to see how the decision not to sign him will play out, as he has everything it takes to be successful here.

And now SkySports are reporting we've matched Villa's offer.

A much better option than Amrabat, and an overall improvement on PEH/Winks/Skipp whilst not being a world beater.

Good signing if true.

Reported that we are rivalling Villa for Bentancur while Juve are looking to sign Zakaria to replace him. Same old story, why aren't we going for Zakaria?

Different players, but I think we should start trolling clubs with better recruitment teams:

Bid for a player in a position we need, let them identify the replacement and the price, retract the bid and go for the replacement.

Gold.

He is very difficult, but respected by most. Whether he is liked or not isn't even worth considering. It's the business world. It's just dog eat dog. Emotions are irrelevant.

Disagree, people buy from people. I always think you need to be more than just respected in business. A "business friend" is an important one.

Levy strikes me as someone that will put in an offer 75% of the value of your house. He'll then tell you it's "only business". Then 3 weeks later you've got 3 offers at your original valuation and he's one of them. You just know that when you go with your instinct, he's in 3rd place.

It's not only football DNA that he lacks. I have a feeling that he's a pretty useless head of sales and pretty terrible around the negotiation table. His win rate is going down and down over the years and it was never that good in the first place. It doesn't match his other financial smarts.

I'm hoping Fabio can do some serious networking in the next couple of seasons. He should have a list of who's who in the top 25 clubs and the super agents, and get to chat to every single one of them. Not about transfers, just talk about football in general and have an online coffee with them. You never know when you need that "business friend" to close a deal.

To be honest l, if this window is about setting everything up for Summer I will live with it.
I am not sure 4th is entirely realistic even with new additions.
We have panic bought before. Its partly why we are where we are.
The current squad, is fk'd with minimal depth. Hope and pray they get us over the line, sneaking in to the a CL place. A big ask IMO, seeing Kane has avoided his customary lay off (ha! he's been effectively injured for the best part of 3 months!) and Son + Romero out.

I think it would be criminal not to add a player or two in this window and miss out on top 4 due to neglect. After all it's the neglect over the past 4+ years that's brought us to this point.

The current squad, is fk'd with minimal depth. Hope and pray they get us over the line, sneaking in to the a CL place. A big ask IMO, seeing Kane has avoided his customary lay off (ha! he's been effectively injured for the best part of 3 months!) and Son + Romero out.

I think it would be criminal not to add a player or two in this window and miss out on top 4 due to neglect. After all it's the neglect over the past 4+ years that's brought us to this point.
Yeah. But maybe Patricia and Conte have a plan to go all out from summer.
Conte said himself coming in when he did wasn't his usual MO..maybe it will work in our favour as he can really make positive changes and the dross will finally be gone.
I agree is risky. 4th really seems to be up for grabs.
I'm not going to lose my mind over a January transfer window.
Traore was at Middlesbrough a few years ago. We haven't missed out on the likes of him.