Transfer Window - January 2022 | Page 119 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2022

We should have been all over Ramsdale, Bogel when United got relegated.

For whatever reason, since we have had a taste of the CL we think we are bigger and better than we are.

Fans call out for all these big name players to be signed but for every Ronaldo there is a Nani for every Zola there is a Veron. I have always preached that in England it's best to bring the players in very young and promote through youth. I have watched players like Donny van de Beek and if you scout him he would be a certainty but look. The EPL is so different and difficult that you have far less successes than you do successes. So why not buy homegrown or at least get players through the academy.

Remember, football at Spurs is a self-sustaining model, so that all comes out of other things... Which means it wont be affected, because he pays himself the same, or more each year, regardless of how the footballing bit goes.

:thumbup:

That's been explained several hundred times but it just won't stick. ENIC aren't raping Spurs like United was by the Glazers when it was LBO'd. ENIC aren't taking a penny from what I recall of the financials.

Alvaro Morata are you joking. This has to be rubbish. Why don't we just sign Vincent Jansen again. If this is true and comes of then we are truly desperate. Dejan Kulusevski is a massive gamble as he has not been a great success at juve.

Alvaro Morata are you joking. This has to be rubbish. Why don't we just sign Vincent Jansen again. If this is true and comes of then we are truly desperate. Dejan Kulusevski is a massive gamble as he has not been a great success at juve.

I was speaking to a mate who loves Italian football earlier and he made a really good point about Kulesevski. Apparently Ronaldo said how much he likes Dejan and my mate said "and when Cristiano likes to play with someone, it's usually because they are an unselfish team player who passes to him rather than shoots himself."

He hasn't been the biggest success at Juve, but he's 21 and would have a pretty clear path to the first team with us. That right wing/behind the striker area is up for grabs. Plus he is no flake. He will physically be able to deal with the PL. It feels like a great signing to make. Much better than Traore.

I was speaking to a mate who loves Italian football earlier and he made a really good point about Kulesevski. Apparently Ronaldo said how much he likes Dejan and my mate said "and when Cristiano likes to play with someone, it's usually because they are an unselfish team player who passes to him rather than shoots himself."

He hasn't been the biggest success at Juve, but he's 21 and would have a pretty clear path to the first team with us. That right wing/behind the striker area is up for grabs. Plus he is no flake. He will physically be able to deal with the PL. It feels like a great signing to make. Much better than Traore.

I have watched him a number of times and I am on the fence. He has not done enough to warrant a big move but he has potential. My biggest concern is that he is a Paratici double down. He signed him for juve but he has not been a hit so he doubling down to try and prove he is right about him

I have watched him a number of times and I am on the fence. He has not done enough to warrant a big move but he has potential. My biggest concern is that he is a Paratici double down. He signed him for juve but he has not been a hit so he doubling down to try and prove he is right about him

He's a fine player. The bigger question is, if they sell him, then they make a ginormous hole in their attacking right side. They just lost Chiesa for a year a couple weeks ago. They'd have to have some backup plan, you'd think. Orrrrr its all just WhoooHaw.

It was an excellent find & signing for Juve, just because they bought a Superstar and he lost his place doesnt mean Fabio shouldn't still like the player. The kid really hasnt had any consistent run to prove himself. He's one for TheBuild.

So sounds like Gil is getting a loan to Spain. Lo Celso out on loan to either France or Spain. Then Kulesevski coming in.

I know Morata hasn't been so good for several years but as a short term loan option then I wouldn't be against it. It would be good to have an alternative to Kane.

Hopefully we can get Dele and NDombele out on loan too.

If all the above happens, I wouldn't be so displeased with our action this transfer window.

Ive seen this a bunch. Have you had a look at his Twitter?

I saw that he had laughed off rumours that he was unhappy in England. But there have since been rumours today on a loan to Valencia. I think it's a shame as I think there's a player in there that I would like to see getting more game time at Spurs. But if a couple of months of more regular football helps his long term development then so be it

He could well be a double down.

Still, he has the same amount of assists as our top assisters with half the amount of game time this season. He needs game time. Someone likened him to Yarmalenko earlier, which is doing him a disservice. Kulu works a lot harder defensively for the team than Yarma ever has.

It's a risk, but at 21 he has a lot of top level experience already, in both Serie A, the CL and Internationally. It's a lot less risky than Traore finding an end product or learning how to defend. It's more in-line with the types of player I think we should be signing.

Fans call out for all these big name players to be signed but for every Ronaldo there is a Nani for every Zola there is a Veron. I have always preached that in England it's best to bring the players in very young and promote through youth. I have watched players like Donny van de Beek and if you scout him he would be a certainty but look. The EPL is so different and difficult that you have far less successes than you do successes. So why not buy homegrown or at least get players through the academy.

Donny was / is exactly the same as Gylfi. Does nothing for 89 mins and looks good on MOTD because of 1 or 2 moments.

We already have one of those. His name is Lucas.

I saw that he had laughed off rumours that he was unhappy in England. But there have since been rumours today on a loan to Valencia. I think it's a shame as I think there's a player in there that I would like to see getting more game time at Spurs. But if a couple of months of more regular football helps his long term development then so be it

Doesnt seem like a smart move to me, for Spurs or the player. He laughed off the rumors of a 'loan out because he was desperately unhappy', his response indicates how silly the inference was. Every team in Spain wants this kid. Im tossing salt.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...laymaker-like-chelseas-hakim-ziyech-cbf9bfbbz

It's clear what type of player Rafael van der Vaart thinks we should be targeting:

"“I think Tottenham has lost a bit of its DNA,” he says. “I miss them playing with that same passion for club and fans, I miss the pretty football. I see a team who wants to get results and that’s fine, but hey, if you think about Tottenham you think about eventful, goal-rich matches. You think about pretty and gracious football, about Villa, Ardiles, Ginola, Hoddle and Gascoigne. They showed you can win trophies with playing beautiful football.

Now, they don’t win silverware, but I’m not often entertained either. Too much is depending on Son Heung-min and Harry Kane. Who is the creative man at Tottenham? Since Christian Eriksen left there is no such player.

Van der Vaart identifies one player who he thinks can make a big difference for Tottenham in that respect. Hakim Ziyech scored in Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Spurs and Van der Vaart believes he is the type of player Conte should be targeting. I’ve been saying that for some time now, but I believe Ziyech is the type of player who could make a big impact in the current Spurs team,” he says. “With a playmaker like him, chances are things will start to go much better. Then Son doesn’t have to go deep to collect the ball and Kane can just remain up front as a striker as well. Because they miss someone who can feed them those balls. Now they have to work too hard.”

Although the former Dutch international missed a certain blend of exciting football in recent times, he thinks Conte could be the right man for the club. “I don’t know him too well, but you can see the players go through fire and water for him. I find that really important, he is really enthusiastic and energetic on the touchline.

“So that’s good, but they just miss that one creative midfielder. If you look to Son and Kane, they have to do too much on the pitch. Kane should be only focusing on scoring goals, but now I sometimes have the feeling he is playing in a number 10 role. That shouldn’t be the case.”

That's been explained several hundred times but it just won't stick. ENIC aren't raping Spurs like United was by the Glazers when it was LBO'd. ENIC aren't taking a penny from what I recall of the financials.

They certainly aren't putting any of their own money in and the club is worth far more than ever before so whilst not taking out on an annual basis, they will profit from the club massively in spite of a lack of success on the pitch.

ENIC out