Toure's Tics vs the Blades | Page 3 | Vital Football

Toure's Tics vs the Blades

Get to January not cut adrift, then get two full-backs, a centre mid and a centre back all in. I feel like Kolo is slowly starting to separate the good from the shite and hopefully the hooking of both full-backs is testament to that and a sign of things to come.

Need a win in one of the next two though, or it may well be too late.

Quite a few sloppy mistakes, but much more encouraging football. They are a top 2 side so absolutely no shame in defeat. Power and Keane are missing all too often still, but that is the best I've seen from Naylor and Lang since the first half of last season. Lang wanted to beat his man and stay on his feet tonight and that made him a real danger. Thelo had them worried and there was an electricity about the place when he got the ball.
I'm afraid with our squad we will have to tolerate some howlers, but if we play with speed and movement like tonight then we'll pick up the points we need against lesser opposition

I enjoyed watching us tonight. We looked like we were trying to play some football and I think the players gave it everything. In a couple of weeks the new staff have completely changed the way we play. Sadly a few of the players just aren’t good enough for this level. I think the manager saw that tonight and will see over the next few games where he needs to strengthen.

Couldnt make the game live tonight. Bad chesty cough which i thought i had gotten rid of on Friday resurfaced yesterday afternoon and i wasnt willing to potentially make it worse in the cold out there tonight. Want rid of it by Xmas, so watched on the box (first home game missed this season).

Overall, first half was poor, second half much better. Credit to Toure for those subs, they were all the right calls, i like Cousins and think he should be starting more often for us now he is finally over his injury issues (touch wood). We 100% need a left back in the January window as im not sure Pearce is Championship quality and seems to be plagued with injuries. Not to mention McClean isnt really a long term option in our starting eleven now let alone at left back. Bennett and Darikwa deservedly subbed and hopefully Nyambe is now fit again that should see Darikwa permanently dropped to the bench as Nyambe is a significant upgrade on him.

Thelo needs to start more games, hopefully he and Scully once he returns to fitness will now mean McClean's time as a starter will be coming to an end soon. Good games from Thelo when he came on, Broadhead and Lang especially. All looked threatening in that second half.

To me, the Toure era fully starts in January. Four very tough games to start and a free hit grace period from Millwall game to Sunderland game but that second half performance gave me a lot of hope going forward. Vital period coming up in January with first three league games of the year coming vs Hull at home, Cardiff away and Luton at home. All winnable and hopefully by then we will see Toure have an idea of his best starting line up, which players he want to use a lot and which he plans to sideline.

Full week on the training pitch with the players now. Lets hope Whatmough's injury is not serious and lets try get something away against Boro on Boxing Day. Play like we did second half and we certainly have a chance.

I sometimes think that Thello and Callum are asked to play too wide and have little room to move in on the touch. They are both better at drawing players on to them and thus getting free space for McLean and Niambe/Darikwa. I agree Darikwa costs us goals but he is as potent for us in attack as he is costly in defence.

Sorry but Max is fast becoming a one trick pony and he is getting less dangerous for that one trick as defenses are ready for it and can cope with it. He had at least 3 chances to get the ball into the area in injury time and loaded the six yard box with players then sent a flappers of a cross, fires a free kick straight at Thello and then blasted the ball a mile high and wide with the last chance we had.

I wish Curtis would not get wound up by other players. He has the intelligence and speed of both mind and body to run our defence almost single handedly, but gets himself into bitchfests and ends up with yellow cards too often. This then puts him into a cautious mode which makes him less effective.

Title of this thread should be renamed.....
Liam's Tics v the Blades, cos nothing much changed, waited till going down a goal / 2 goals before playing, Darikwa still error prone, Max still requires benching, throw ins are still a bloody joke & we have got worse at defending despite Kolo being a so called 'defensive' coach.......sadly to say normal service has resumed after the WC break.

Title of this thread should be renamed.....
Liam's Tics v the Blades, cos nothing much changed, waited till going down a goal / 2 goals before playing, Darikwa still error prone, Max still requires benching, throw ins are still a bloody joke & we have got worse at defending despite Kolo being a so called 'defensive' coach.......sadly to say normal service has resumed after the WC break.

Disagree on a couple of points mate...we look much snappier in possession than under Leam and our throw ins are miles better. Thought we matched them for long periods and could have snatched something. I think Kolo is starting to know what's what eg...the full backs aren't good enough and we need Shinnie in the team to play more but overall I'm not too depressed at that result as playing teams like these won't determine if we survive.

Thing that pisses me off most is the apathetic numbers of supporters through the turnstiles...is it worth it when the public can't be feckin arsed.

Gutted that Richardson was sacked but in the three games since I have seen an improvement in performances , entertainment and tactics.

Tonight's game gives me a glimmer of hope that we might survive.

LB & RB deservedly both replaced and Bennett shouldn't start next game, he was too light weight.
Presume Naylor picked up an injury as he was one of out better players in the first half along with McClean.

Lang overall motm for me , as he showed the spark in the second half.

Centre backs did okay.

Good to (be back home and) watch a game again.

Didn't play great first half, but if Keane had put away his chance in the first couple of minutes, who knows how it might have panned out.

No doubt that their 2nd was from a Darikwa mistake (but let's also mention the superb block he made, and the pass of the night through to Lang in the first half) ... but Bennett made at least 3 similar ones that weren't punished, .... and Tilt, and (almost) Naylor too.

They were the best side I've seen by far this season. Their movement was superb ... especially when breaking from the back. We could have had a couple more goals at least if we'd have had someone covering the middle of the box when Broadhead got pulled out wide.

Some poor refereeing at times, but I suppose it was balanced by the myopia for our goal.

Ah well, the bloke needs time ... let's see what he does in the next game.

Spot on….shocking turnout to greet the new man and first home game for 5 weeks
Both Full backs very poor …especially in possession
Time’s up for James Mc now I think ….every ounce of effort given as usual but can’t beat a man which we’ve known for a while, but more worryingly on the evidence of his last few appearances, he just can’t be relied on to deliver a decent cross even with time and space aplenty.
Lang‘s best game by far at this level, especially given the quality of the opposition.
Tilt did well 2nd half after almost getting sent off ….on a totally stupid, booking, when falling for Sharp’s shithousing.
Thought Edmonds Green and Cousins both did well coming on and though Nyambe is a bigger unit and more reliable at RB, his passing/distribution is no better…..Fletcher only got ten minutes (againj but he’s big enough to win headers and looks quick and rangy enough to be a nuisance on the deck
Try and scrounge 3 or 4 points from the next 3 games and get some fresh blood in asap.

I enjoyed watching us tonight. We looked like we were trying to play some football and I think the players gave it everything. In a couple of weeks the new staff have completely changed the way we play. Sadly a few of the players just aren’t good enough for this level. I think the manager saw that tonight and will see over the next few games where he needs to strengthen.
Well that first half was as bad as anything churned out under Richardson and Cook. Bennett and Darickwa were awful and the best decision was getting them off. We looked livelier with Cousins and Thelo. Lang MOTM by a million miles but Broadhead as the latest set up to fail lone striker struggled with little or no service. Kolo must think he has inherited a squad of lower league players because that's what we looked like most of the time. Granted we looked better in the second half but at 2-0 down you would expect some reaction. As for revolutionising our style that was very much the same bar a few long balls and at times those hapless defenders of ours could have done with getting shut a bit more often.
Jones 6
Whatmough 6
Tilt 3
Darickwa 1
Bennet 1
Naylor 2
Power 3
Lang 8
Keane 5
McClean 3
Broadhead 3

Best manger in the world won’t do anything with these players. Trouble we have is getting players out the door to bring fresh blood in that’s going to be his problem. We need at least 5 players. Not squad men. In the team from day one. Full backs have to be the worse we have had in years how many players can we let go to create space. Massive problem

Disagree on a couple of points mate...we look much snappier in possession than under Leam and our throw ins are miles better. Thought we matched them for long periods and could have snatched something. I think Kolo is starting to know what's what eg...the full backs aren't good enough and we need Shinnie in the team to play more but overall I'm not too depressed at that result as playing teams like these won't determine if we survive.

Thing that pisses me off most is the apathetic numbers of supporters through the turnstiles...is it worth it when the public can't be feckin arsed.

Agree with 2 of ur points...
Full back not good enough.....defo
Apathetic supporters......most def

Throws ins miles better.....what game were u watching, they were as bad if not worse than under Liam, under pressure from every single one apart from when we took a quick throw in to a player ACTUALLY in space only for the ref to have it retaken.

Snappier in possession.....possibly give u that for the last 20 mins of 2nd half when we were like ' a la Liam R'.....chasing the game.
There are a fair few players needing a dose of reality....Max - needs dropping as does Darikwa n JM......
I know it's early days with KT but it just didn't feel much different...sorry to say it like

For those wondering why Leam didn’t have this group playing out from the back then you’ve seen the reason why tonight. Absolutely abysmal performance and we need to be thankful they were so profligate in from of goal or it could have been far worse. A free header too from a corner. That first half was as bad as I’ve seen in some considerable time. The goal, albeit offside, seemed to give us some energy but the reality was the keeper was never troubled after it and the blades saw the game out comfortably.

That said the official was even more inept. Two clear penalties, one in each half both of which should have resulted in a red card. How that handball penalty wasn’t given is inexplicable.

Attendance was piss poor, on what was a mild evening given the temperatures of the past week. I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to sit through that crap in minus 6. Despite my reservations about this appointment I was expecting some enthusiasm from the crowd about it, but there was none.

Without 5 signings. No matter who is in charge. These lot are going down every fan new at the start of the season what was needed. We didn’t use the loan market. Well enough owners got fooled into thinking the players were good enough

Not sure what game some people were watching by saying it was just like watching a Richardson team. We played more football and probably created more tonight than we had all season under him. Plenty of positives and thought we were worthy of a point, especially if we'd had a bit of luck and the ref had given us a penalty and sent their man off for handling on the line.

Up the Kolo Tics!

Without 5 signings. No matter who is in charge. These lot are going down every fan new at the start of the season what was needed. We didn’t use the loan market. Well enough owners got fooled into thinking the players were good enough
And even now they are still talking about not just staying up but also challenging. I agree about the five signings to go straight in the team, otherwise we could be doomed.