Toure's Tics vs the Blades | Vital Football

Toure's Tics vs the Blades

OnLoanfromEnfield

Vital 1st Team Regular
An upset on the cards ?
A brutal 'Welcome to the Championship' for the inexperienced management team ?
A draw ?

Sheffield United are currently 2nd in the Championship
Scored 36 - Conceded 19 - 41 points
Away form
Played 11 - Won 6 Drawn 2 Lost 3 (2nd in the Championship after Preston) - 20 points
Scored 13 - Conceded 8
Goals scored - 6 before half time - 7 after the break
Goals conceded - 4 before half time - 4 after the break

Wigan Athletic - 23rd
Scored 22 - Conceded 32 - 24 Points
Home form
Played 11 - Won 2 Drawn 3 Lost 6
Scored 8 - Conceded 18
Goals scored - 3 before half time - 5 after the break
Goals conceded - 7 before half time - 11 after the break

Last edited:
Need to get some players in January I feel this one will be a tonking
4-1 to the yorkies

An upset on the cards ?
A brutal 'Welcome to the Championship' for the inexperienced management team ?
A draw ?

Sheffield United are currently 2nd in the Championship
Scored 36 - Conceded 19 - 41 points
Away form
Played 11 - Won 6 Drawn 2 Lost 3 (2nd in the Championship after Preston) - 20 points
Scored 13 - Conceded 8
Goals scored - 6 before half time - 7 after the break
Goals conceded - 4 before half time - 4 after the break

Wigan Athletic - 23rd
Scored 22 - Conceded 32 - 24 Points
Home form
Played 11 - Won 2 Drawn 3 Lost 6
Scored 8 - Conceded 18
Goals scored - 3 before half time - 5 after the break
Goals conceded - 7 before half time - 11 after the break
Sure you're not MIW in disguise 😉

We'll tan their hides. 3-0. Fletcher 1, assist by Scully.
Scully 1, assist by Shinnie and a Pearce screamer for the third.

Millwall didn't keep the ball well or press us high - which made our life a lot easier to play more pass and move than it probably should've been. Sheff U will definitely be better on and off the ball and I think they'll press us hard and high - so it we'll have to work a lot harder to find the time and space Millwall afforded us. Our dfenders being caught in posession is probably a bigger threat with Sheff U's approach, so we need to pick our moments of when to play out and when to clear our lines.

I'd not expect any changes in the starting 11 yet as Toure is still getting used to his squad but we desperately need to deliver some threat in open play down the left. Playing both McClean and Bennett gives us no pace or penetration. We've got Aasgaard, Scully, Pearce, Shinnie and maybe Fletcher as options down the left to consider.

It'll be interesting to see how much progress Toure will have made after having over another week with them. So really difficult to know what to expect from us - which hopefully will work in our favour and catch Sheff U by suprise.

Last edited:
Heckinbotton has admitted in his interviews that it will be difficult to read anything into the formation or style that KT will set us up with as their is no form guide. He says he will concentrate on what they can do rather than his usual methodical game planning to upset the oppositions plans. This could work either way and we could catch them cold or alternatively as KDZ says their high press game could cause us problems as we struggle to get to grips with a passing game.

For me it could be 1-0 to us if we do catch them out or 3-0 to them if we try and fail to beat their press whilst trying to make the changes.

Either way it will be an interesting game and we will find out more of what the new managers philosophy is. Looking forward to it, although no doubt freezing my bollocks off on a cold night. Wrap up warm and lets hope there is plenty of action to cheer and warm the cockles.

Up the Tic's .

Will be watching this from Portugal lo hoping for a good start to the holiday. 3-1 to the Tics. Let's get up the league.

After KT seeing the team in an actual game and then having another nine days to get his method of playing drilled into the squad I would like to think that we could sneak a 1-0 win tonight, bearing in mind that the Blades won't really know what to expect.
:hmmm:

Normal service after the break resumed at home. Toothless and garbage. Mind this lot push forward at every opportunity.

These lot are the best I’ve seen since Burnley and will be going up automatically with them. Get out of this without the goal difference being battered and move onto the next.

How many goals do we concede from Darikwa errors....... simply not good enough...... get shut in January