Tottenham v Villa Match Thread - 1/1/23 - 2pm ko | Page 22 | Vital Football

Tottenham v Villa Match Thread - 1/1/23 - 2pm ko

Just seen a stat worth noting. Harry kane didnt touch the ball until the 20th minute. thats the longest its taken him to register his first touch of the ball all season. that shows how we have seriously changed as a team. A different mentality, solid at the back and classy and hard working in midfield. a bit more ruthless up front and we can be a real force.

We have to accept that Conte and his team’s poor run is the main story. There’s nothing the media likes better than putting pressure on a manager and it’s usually one of ours. Let Unai build us slowly and quietly and undoubtedly the Villa ship will come in when we have proven our upward course.

Yeah this, Conte seems like a dead man walking and that will give the press lots of clicks for revenue this week so naturally it'll be about how bad Spurs are rather than how good we are.

Let's go under the radar.

Have to say Conte’s brand of football is pretty dull. It’s fine when it wins you matches and trophies which tbf he’s been pretty successful at doing over the years but if you don’t win games it can soon unravel pretty quickly. Even when we were two up they had 11 men back to defend a corner! Natives are already restless and his after match comments will have annoyed many. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s not there next season. Anyway….couldn’t give a stuff really, Unai is clearly far superior. :wahey:

Spurs fans need to be careful what they wish for, I don't think Poch can compete at the top with Arteta, Klopp or Pep. I would really question the decision to bring him back. That then leaves them with a decision to either go for Tuchel or hope someone like the Sporting coach or the Morrocan coach is the next bright star. If you go for Tuchel you're replacing one pragmatist with another. The calibre of coach better than Conte is very small.

Levy has completely wasted a generational talent. A little bit more investment and Spurs could have been something. Its looking like too little too late for them. Kane will go soon and Spurs will fade back into a top 8 team. IMO this is the twilight of their recent "success", the sun is setting on this period of being a top 6 team. The nail in the coffin is if United were to take him, that would show how much Spurs have failed IMO.

The game plan of not scoring until the second half worked a treat.
When Spurs go behind in the first half, Conte makes subtle changes at half time and its like watching a completely different team in the second half.
Kane looks to have lost a yard and a half from the pace he never had to begin with. They should probably convert him into a deep lying play maker.

Spurs fans need to be careful what they wish for, I don't think Poch can compete at the top with Arteta, Klopp or Pep. I would really question the decision to bring him back. That then leaves them with a decision to either go for Tuchel or hope someone like the Sporting coach or the Morrocan coach is the next bright star. If you go for Tuchel you're replacing one pragmatist with another. The calibre of coach better than Conte is very small.

Levy has completely wasted a generational talent. A little bit more investment and Spurs could have been something. Its looking like too little too late for them. Kane will go soon and Spurs will fade back into a top 8 team. IMO this is the twilight of their recent "success", the sun is setting on this period of being a top 6 team. The nail in the coffin is if United were to take him, that would show how much Spurs have failed IMO.

It’s like England with Spurs where you get to win the square root of nothing yet get labelled as a ‘success’ or more to the point in Spurs case a ‘big club’. They don’t deserve it and a shiny new library , I mean stadium, has hood winked people.

This was inevitable actually, Levy has previous for this and it's absolutely gone to script. Conte is a good manager, no doubts about that, but (rightly or wrongly) he needs a lot of dough, and somehow, Spurs have spent money stupidly. But I do also think whatever they spend it'll never be enough for Conte.

The noises from him for me are pretty much playing chicken with Levy, daring him to give him the sack, I get the feeling that if he does, he'll be doing him a favour. I also believe that Poch will tarnish his career if he goes back.

First off, I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas (or however you celebrated the festive period) and I hope everyone has now sobered up from their exploits on New Years Eve...I think I finally have. For anyone who managed to make the long trip down to Tottenham Hotspur's White Hart Lane ground on New Years Day, they could well require another day or two following on from Aston Villa's excellent showing and 2-0 victory over Antonio Conte's side.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...s-villa-get-back-to-winning-ways-match-stats/

Have a look at Dougie sliding on his knees after his goal and you'll see why Spurs ground is so quiet, there are a group of "tourist" fans in Spurs colours taking photos of him!
Imagine taking a photo of an opposition player who has just scored against Villa at Villa Park, no nor me:shake:

The tide is turning lads Villa and Newcastle will replace Chelsa and Spurs in the Sky 6 in the next two years much to the distress of the softy southerners :yes:

Way to go yet.

We have played a masterstroke, recruiting the arsenal flop who couldn't manage in the PL - but we have to bankroll him or else the big 6 and Europe's Elite will poach him .....he's an ambitious man.

Have a look at Dougie sliding on his knees after his goal and you'll see why Spurs ground is so quiet, there are a group of "tourist" fans in Spurs colours taking photos of him!
Imagine taking a photo of an opposition player who has just scored against Villa at Villa Park, no nor me:shake:
I kid you not in the stand above us there were 2 "spurs" fans taking photos of each other at the end of the game. Clearly tourists and predictably they got taken to the cleaners by us. Also loads of fans around the ground with Korean flags who had never probably been to a game before.

I hope we never get like that.

Anyone else watching the Douggie goal over and over again…beautiful pass by SJM and that control and finish…superb! Christ if it‘d been Arsenal, Man City or Liverpool etc they’d have drooled over it for ever….hardly a mention really…but Spurs were shite remember…a new low for them apparently! :finger:

I kid you not in the stand above us there were 2 "spurs" fans taking photos of each other at the end of the game. Clearly tourists and predictably they got taken to the cleaners by us. Also loads of fans around the ground with Korean flags who had never probably been to a game before.

I hope we never get like that.

Well did anyone actually think Spurs had enough fans to regularly fill a giant stadium like that on their own. I'd bet a large part of why it was built was to attract that type of tourist who just wants to watch a game of football live, buy some stuff from the club shop, get food/drink from the ground at an inflated price and take a few pictures.

Well did anyone actually think Spurs had enough fans to regularly fill a giant stadium like that on their own. I'd bet a large part of why it was built was to attract that type of tourist who just wants to watch a game of football live, buy some stuff from the club shop, get food/drink from the ground at an inflated price and take a few pictures.

And so they can host NFL matches .

Brilliant.

This was inevitable actually, Levy has previous for this and it's absolutely gone to script. Conte is a good manager, no doubts about that, but (rightly or wrongly) he needs a lot of dough, and somehow, Spurs have spent money stupidly. But I do also think whatever they spend it'll never be enough for Conte.

The noises from him for me are pretty much playing chicken with Levy, daring him to give him the sack, I get the feeling that if he does, he'll be doing him a favour. I also believe that Poch will tarnish his career if he goes back.
A lot of the Spurs fans blaming it on the ownership and Levy. They don't think they will ever create unity. I wonder about us. Sawaris seems to be pulling the strings at the moment and I imagine Emery is the polar opposite of Conte. He's really pushing for unity with the fans which is great. Wes Edens seems quiet but I understood he was the operational guy and Sawaris the money. Purslow...way too much self interest in my books, sidelined at present. Maybe he should be left to focus on getting more trains at Witton station. Do we need a CEO who can help bring all this together?