Tottenham v Villa Match Thread - 1/1/23 - 2pm ko | Page 24 | Vital Football

Tottenham v Villa Match Thread - 1/1/23 - 2pm ko

All the punditry I’ve seen emphasised what Spurs did wrong, what a pathetic state. Time to get rid of ex players as pundits, they know fuck all.

the alternative is the new no-mark Podcast and Vloggers types who seem to be on Sky sports these days and they are even more sky6 than the ex-players.

Imagine some of our fans wanted us to pay £50m for Bissouma because he once impressed the motd team for Brighton :lol:

I said at the time I was nervous about how he'd perform outside of a team like Brighton who have a strong structure. Now TBF I said this about Ben White and to a lesser degree Dan Burn. I think where I was wrong is Dan Burn and Ben White are playing in teams that have some similarities to Brighton. Arsenal and Newcastle press teams high up the field, whereas Spurs don't do that.

I think thats why Bissouma is playing so poorly and probably why he starts so many games from the bench. I actually think Emery would make a player out of him again or if he went to Liverpool it would be like he was suddenly playing well again. He is probably doing the job Conte wants but Bentancur is a better player and Hojberg does a better job too so it

All the punditry I’ve seen emphasised what Spurs did wrong, what a pathetic state. Time to get rid of ex players as pundits, they know fuck all.

Nothing wrong with that except you need the balance of what a team did right. You rarely go away from home and fluke a 2-0 win. You can make a case all day long about Lloris making a big mistake for the first but our second was a brilliant team goal. Kamara dispossessing Kane, Luiz busting forward and continung his run plus an excellent ball by McGinn. Even Luiz's finish deserves more than a passing comment, perfect control, and then an immediate little dink that completely catches everyone by surprise. Most players probably take a extra touch and give the keeper a chance, Luiz gave him none.

The reality is nobody will take us seriously until we are consistently beating teams and around the top 7-8. At the minute we have teams like brentford, fulham, brighton, palace above us. Our only consistency for the last decade is how poor we have been. Emery has got us on the right track, but the bias wont be gone anytime soon.

Nothing wrong with that except you need the balance of what a team did right. You rarely go away from home and fluke a 2-0 win. You can make a case all day long about Lloris making a big mistake for the first but our second was a brilliant team goal. Kamara dispossessing Kane, Luiz busting forward and continung his run plus an excellent ball by McGinn. Even Luiz's finish deserves more than a passing comment, perfect control, and then an immediate little dink that completely catches everyone by surprise. Most players probably take a extra touch and give the keeper a chance, Luiz gave him none.
It's very frustrating. Been trying to find some video analysis of any decent standard since the match and found precisely none. The best tactical analyses I find these days are multi tweet threads on Twitter by certain accounts. Some are really good but suffer from not having the video to go along with it.

NFL routinely release the "All 22" footage which is the entirety of each game showing every player with just an enhanced subscription fee, so there's loads of good independent video analysis all over the internet, no matter which team you follow.

Speaking of Kane , personally I thought he was a disgrace yesterday . Always trying to influence the ref and he must have questioned every decision.

All together now.

You let our country down......
Doesn't look like he's recovered from his penalty miss to be honest.

It's very frustrating. Been trying to find some video analysis of any decent standard since the match and found precisely none. The best tactical analyses I find these days are multi tweet threads on Twitter by certain accounts. Some are really good but suffer from not having the video to go along with it.

NFL routinely release the "All 22" footage which is the entirety of each game showing every player with just an enhanced subscription fee, so there's loads of good independent video analysis all over the internet, no matter which team you follow.

Yeah I mostly only follow Twitter threads or I'll watch the Tifo Football podcast but thats it. The only pundit who really seemed to have any sort of independence was the brief period Rosenior was on Sky. Possibly the only pundit to ever stick it to Steve Bruce while he was in a job too.

You need to go out for a walk, feel the grass under your feet and smell that fresh brummy air - not analyse endless videos of the game - we won, a little bit of Emery magic, if you over analyse it'll spoil the magic :banana:

You need to go out for a walk, feel the grass under your feet and smell that fresh brummy air - not analyse endless videos of the game - we won, a little bit of Emery magic, if you over analyse it'll spoil the magic :banana:
It's been absolutely shitting it down here in Bristol and the air smells like the coffee roasters down by the M32.