Tottenham v Villa Match Thread - 1/1/23 - 2pm ko | Page 20 | Vital Football

Tottenham v Villa Match Thread - 1/1/23 - 2pm ko

I know Dougie got top ratings, deservedly so, but Kamara was MOTM for me. Bossed the midfield with Luiz, put out fires all over the shop and generally shone.
Well done to Olsen. He commanded his area which is something I never thought I’d say.
I can’t find too much to fault throughout the team. Top drawer stuff!

The second goal was a great encapsulation of how Emery has transformed our midfield. It was non-existent under Gerrard but it’s fast become our strongest area under Emery.

Kamara wins the ball back high up the field and then Luiz powers forward and finishes it off with a beautiful goal.

The second goal was a great encapsulation of how Emery has transformed our midfield. It was non-existent under Gerrard but it’s fast become our strongest area under Emery.

Kamara wins the ball back high up the field and then Luiz powers forward and finishes it off with a beautiful goal.
The McGinn through ball/assist is worth a mention too aswell as the superb execution of the goal

Not long back and haven't read the thread back.

But from my spot on the away end that was just about the perfect away performance. We had a plan to contain. We indeed contained and nulified them and Conte's tactics. I was perfectly happy at HT with no real threat you could see exactly what we were doing. We then took our chance and from then there was only one winner and deservedly so.

Screw the utter horse shit on 5 live on the way home about how bad Spuds were. Their defeat was fair and square our perfect game plan, tactics and execution.

Today's Sky ratings. Personally I think some are on the low side.

Aston Villa: Olsen (7), Young (7), Konsa (7), Mings (7), Digne (7), Douglas Luiz (8), Kamara (8), McGinn (8), Bailey (7), Buendia (8), Watkins (8).

Subs: Cash (6), Coutinho (6), Chambers (6), Ings (6), Bednarek (6).

Not long back and haven't read the thread back.

But from my spot on the away end that was just about the perfect away performance. We had a plan to contain. We indeed contained and nulified them and Conte's tactics. I was perfectly happy at HT with no real threat you could see exactly what we were doing. We then took our chance and from then there was only one winner and deservedly so.

Screw the utter horse shit on 5 live on the way home about how bad Spuds were. Their defeat was fair and square our perfect game plan, tactics and execution.

Must have been great to have been there.

You could really see the tactics today - there was always a villa player available - everyone knew what they and each other should be doing.