Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool FC | Page 10 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool FC

My prediction was correct, unfortunately.Poch needs to stop picking Dier & Dembele,2 of the slowest players in the club[sadly Kane is at half speed too at the moment].I said play Son,Lamela,Moura etc & rest the slow guys.We looked dangerous when Lamela & Son came on to stretch their defence.But it was too little too late.Wake up Poch or we will finish mid table.

I'd have Grealish on the pitch today in a heartbeat.

And we had funds for at least a couple of players, I don't but that crap. There are good players out there.
Agree Pollo,surely there was good players out there,who would improve our squad. Levy just won't pay the money,it's all very well making a stand over today's inflated wages,but if everyone else is paying it,you have to move with the times or get left behind.Shocking attitude by our chairman.

I have one thing to say, “We were Dier!”. I thought we were coming back against them. We missed LORIS but many of our players looked drunk. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS. Winks was ok, Kane looked better but missed the goal. Lamela was great. Danny was great. Dembele was ok. Why take him off rather than Dire? I don’t particularly think we were afraid of them. We went back to back-passing rather than push on and panic them. They think they are invulnerable, we should have shown them today that they aren’t. We lost a vital chance to go ahead. We let them in. Ok a goal was disallowed for offside early on but it was so forget it.

Yes we could have spent on Grealish etc but our players are good, just not pushy enough and aggressive enough. We need to tighten up on passing and get Kane and Moura (wasn’t he good?) up in the danger zones. Eriksen looked a bit better but to be honest, I’m not sure if he’s aggressive enough. There’s the winter transfer window if we need to buy in a better DM than Dier. Sell Dembele if necessary but why not put Sanchez as a DM. BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKE LETS GET UP AND AT TEAMS.
Unfortunately the Title will be beyond us come the Winter Transfer Window Welshie.

Is it just me or has Poch run out of Ideas....If yesterday's performance was a reaction to the Watford debacle,I fear for our season, do the players really not give a fuck...

It still astounds me that we knew Liverpool forwards have pace to burn, yet both our full-backs decided they would push on to their full-backs. Additionally, Dier stopped dropping in between Toby and Jan leaving the 3 on 2 scenario multiple times in the match. It was tactical suicide with holes everywhere, especially in behind the full-backs.

Ditto with playing Moura through the middle with Kane. When he switched to the left, our shape immediately looked better.

2 consecutive defeats and poor performances from a some players. It's now down to Poch to wield the axe and ring the changes. We didn't freshen it up in the transfer window, so it has to be with the extended squad. Guys like Lamela, Son, Wanyama and even Aurier or KWP need to be given a chance.

My prediction was correct, unfortunately.Poch needs to stop picking Dier & Dembele,2 of the slowest players in the club[sadly Kane is at half speed too at the moment].I said play Son,Lamela,Moura etc & rest the slow guys.We looked dangerous when Lamela & Son came on to stretch their defence.But it was too little too late.Wake up Poch or we will finish mid table.
You used to call Lamela ....Lame Duck....What is he now ?

Couldn’t agree more RD. Eriksen and Kane did nothing. And what the others did ( apart from Lucas) was awful. Each and everyone of them, and it’s not often we can say that the entire team were dreadful.

You’d think after that disgrace at Watford we’d turn it around, however this is where Poch gets found out. His inability to motivate players, perform due diligence on how to best set up and utilise the best players to pull off his plan....well it’s plain embarrassing.

I really feel for the 75000 Spurs fans who paid big money to watch Liverpool take our 3 points at a canter.

It’s going to be a long season if we continue with Dier, Dembele, Rose and if we ever play Vorm again. I’ve never really minded Vorm, but I must say now, he’s definately not PL quality let alone good enough for Spurs.

I guess this is when supporting our Club becomes character building.

Vorm made some decent saves to restrict the score. The goals were not really down to him. It was chaos in there.

Only problem with Lamela is that once you select him too much, his body breaks down and he will be out for at least one third of the season. He is a Ferrari, very nice to drive into the hotel lobby once a while but you won't use it for your every day commute to the work site.
No evidence for that

It still astounds me that we knew Liverpool forwards have pace to burn, yet both our full-backs decided they would push on to their full-backs. Additionally, Dier stopped dropping in between Toby and Jan leaving the 3 on 2 scenario multiple times in the match. It was tactical suicide with holes everywhere, especially in behind the full-backs.

Ditto with playing Moura through the middle with Kane. When he switched to the left, our shape immediately looked better.

2 consecutive defeats and poor performances from a some players. It's now down to Poch to wield the axe and ring the changes. We didn't freshen it up in the transfer window, so it has to be with the extended squad. Guys like Lamela, Son, Wanyama and even Aurier or KWP need to be given a chance.
Exactly it was Poch who picked and set up the players, he got it wrong and didn't change it until half time, sought of.

I have one thing to say, “We were Dier!”. I thought we were coming back against them. We missed LORIS but many of our players looked drunk. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS. Winks was ok, Kane looked better but missed the goal. Lamela was great. Danny was great. Dembele was ok. Why take him off rather than Dire? I don’t particularly think we were afraid of them. We went back to back-passing rather than push on and panic them. They think they are invulnerable, we should have shown them today that they aren’t. We lost a vital chance to go ahead. We let them in. Ok a goal was disallowed for offside early on but it was so forget it.

Yes we could have spent on Grealish etc but our players are good, just not pushy enough and aggressive enough. We need to tighten up on passing and get Kane and Moura (wasn’t he good?) up in the danger zones. Eriksen looked a bit better but to be honest, I’m not sure if he’s aggressive enough. There’s the winter transfer window if we need to buy in a better DM than Dier. Sell Dembele if necessary but why not put Sanchez as a DM. BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKE LETS GET UP AND AT TEAMS.

I agree! I said the same thing before the match...why not try out Sanchez at DM...nothing to lose at this point. (or try one of our young up and comers)

Rubbish. Winks is back, Toby is back ( injured last season) , Lamela is back, Moura is ready and performing. These are all bonuses on last season. Kane, Son, Eriksen have had tough international spells but will come good. We have Wanyama to return, some good youngsters emerging.

We are not done, we will get better, there is way more to come. Utter tripe knee-jerk reaction.

Nick, I hope you are right...I REALLY do. I think we can absorb Eriksen having a down year due to the amount of depth we have at that position...but Harry not playing well will crush us. The sheer amount of goals we will need to make up and we have no true back up for him. (yes I understand we could play Lucas or Son up top and we absolutely SHOULD at the moment)

LOL the title is probably close to being beyond us right now.
It is but it is not. We have lost two games I think city and Liverpool will lose that many the problem is we now have zero room for error. We could still finish second I my opinion but it's all about the next game and the boss.

Is it just me or has Poch run out of Ideas....If yesterday's performance was a reaction to the Watford debacle,I fear for our season, do the players really not give a fuck...

As I wrote previously in the thread, we have outgrown our manager.

We have to grow with Poch, he will learn. He is young and will develop as we do. That doesn't mean I won't call him out for errors.

I have watched pools goals again and as Poch says...Vorm was not to blame. On the second Vert got a foot to it and it came back off the post. Vorm was already committed and on the ground so it looked clumsy when he grappled for the ball. The first was pin ball stuff and Tripps jumped in front of Vorm making it difficult. Anyone blaming Vorm is taking the lazy and obvious option because he got hands on the ball.

Vorm should be praised not vilified. He made some good saves to keep the score down. We actually had enough decent chances to win the game. Lamela the only one with the technique to finish despite one poster who says he has inferior ability . Strangely quiet that poster !!

Dire needs a rest and a kick up the backside and Poch needs to release him from the fear of passing forward.
Poch should have played Son from the start...happy to have won the Asia cup and not having to go in the army...he would have been right up for it.
And why all this talk of Harry being tired...Hazard also played at the world cup right to the end and he looks eager and sharp....
No excuses ...just a very average overall performance...Lucas excluded.

I have watched pools goals again and as Poch says...Vorm was not to blame. On the second Vert got a foot to it and it came back off the post. Vorm was already committed and on the ground so it looked clumsy when he grappled for the ball. The first was pin ball stuff and Tripps jumped in front of Vorm making it difficult. Anyone blaming Vorm is taking the lazy and obvious option because he got hands on the ball.

Vorm should be praised not vilified. He made some good saves to keep the score down. We actually had enough decent chances to win the game. Lamela the only one with the technique to finish despite one poster who says he has inferior ability . Strangely quiet that poster !!
Him and Moura were the only players in white who looked like footballers. In the new world to come they may be the most important names on the sheet

The new world's gonna need Eric Lamela.