Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool FC | Page 8 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool FC

We couldn't even get the basics right. Our passing was sloppy & the players looked half a yard of the pace. Even still we produced a handful of good chances that on another day we may well have scored. No disguising the fact we didn't deserve a thing after such a disappointing performance.
If i m the manager, what i worry more is not the lost but how many times we lost our shape by chasing around without technique, energy and conviction. This allows them to pass thru us with one pass and then bear down on goal or running 3v2 or 4v3. Shocking really. Shape and balance is most important.

Our playing style causes that. Our players tend to come to receive passes moving towards the passer - i.e with the back to goal. Contrast this with Liverpool players who always pass/receive whilst moving/facing forward.

Our players though are passing the ball poorly, most of the passes have no weight behind them, and by the time the ball reaches a player - so does his defender.
Some times that is true but not so often. Previously, he dared to turn, take a run and pass forward. Eriksen is a major major cause of our poor run bcoz moves are supposed to go thru him.

Lucky we didn't lose by more. They have certainly over taken us now.

That's what happens when a club just sits and stagnates in transfer windows.

A very average season coming our way.

Damn glad I wasn't able to watch again!!!

Guess from what I am hearing...everything we have been calling for was not done.
From what I have read:

-Dier (or DIRE) started in midfield - Simply not good enough, DM is a major weakness for us and until MP figures that shit out we will struggle to beat ANYONE.

-Kane - Yep needs to be dropped to bench for a spell...simply not good enough

-Lamela - Hate to say I told you so, but this guy needs more time on the pitch...sorry I don't see much coming from Erickson at the moment..hell maybe he needs a spell on the bench as well. (that may be a bit harsh)

-Winks - I will not give up on him yet. Do you think he struggled due to the worthlessness of Dier and a severly degraded Kane and an off Erickson?

BL - I think we all know this, but without any fresh quality faces coming on...and if we do not play any of our young guys, this could be a devastating year for us. (Early exit from CL, no trophies, and finish outside top 4 of PL....absolutely will stop all the momentum we have built up over the last few years and we will see an exodus of our core)

MP needs to make a huge change now and put players on notice.

That is laughable. There are loads of players better the Eric Dier in midfield, he is a fucking center half who has wasted two years that should have been spent on learning to read the game and anticipate trouble and cut mistakes. He has done his own career because Southgate dont rate him and if any of Skip Amos or Booth get near the first team they will embarass him.
You can almost guarantee he will give away possession that leads to a chance at least once in a game, I agree that he should be playing at CB.

Damn glad I wasn't able to watch again!!!

Guess from what I am hearing...everything we have been calling for was not done.
From what I have read:

-Dier (or DIRE) started in midfield - Simply not good enough, DM is a major weakness for us and until MP figures that shit out we will struggle to beat ANYONE.

-Kane - Yep needs to be dropped to bench for a spell...simply not good enough

-Lamela - Hate to say I told you so, but this guy needs more time on the pitch...sorry I don't see much coming from Erickson at the moment..hell maybe he needs a spell on the bench as well. (that may be a bit harsh)

-Winks - I will not give up on him yet. Do you think he struggled due to the worthlessness of Dier and a severly degraded Kane and an off Erickson?

BL - I think we all know this, but without any fresh quality faces coming on...and if we do not play any of our young guys, this could be a devastating year for us. (Early exit from CL, no trophies, and finish outside top 4 of PL....absolutely will stop all the momentum we have built up over the last few years and we will see an exodus of our core)

MP needs to make a huge change now and put players on notice.

The momentum is done.

There is no improvement left with this team.

This is the max we will get

I have one thing to say, “We were Dier!”. I thought we were coming back against them. We missed LORIS but many of our players looked drunk. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS. Winks was ok, Kane looked better but missed the goal. Lamela was great. Danny was great. Dembele was ok. Why take him off rather than Dire? I don’t particularly think we were afraid of them. We went back to back-passing rather than push on and panic them. They think they are invulnerable, we should have shown them today that they aren’t. We lost a vital chance to go ahead. We let them in. Ok a goal was disallowed for offside early on but it was so forget it.

Yes we could have spent on Grealish etc but our players are good, just not pushy enough and aggressive enough. We need to tighten up on passing and get Kane and Moura (wasn’t he good?) up in the danger zones. Eriksen looked a bit better but to be honest, I’m not sure if he’s aggressive enough. There’s the winter transfer window if we need to buy in a better DM than Dier. Sell Dembele if necessary but why not put Sanchez as a DM. BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKE LETS GET UP AND AT TEAMS.

Out of the 6 goals we've conceded 5 have been headers and 4 of those have been from set pieces, that is a big disappointment for me.

They scored 2 scrappy goals. Their forwards were selfish and going for glory rather than passing. Klopp was going nuts. Lucas hit the post, Kane was unlucky a couple of times, his body shape wrong but not his fault. Lamela went just wide the proved what a technician he is with his goal .

We were then robbed by the ref after Lamela flicked on onto Son who had his leg taken, stone wall pen. Irrespective of Liverpool's chances they didn't take them.

Vorm was not at fault for either goal. He actually made a couple of good saves. Liverpool's goals were like pinball, could have gone anywhere. Lamelas goal was class and then we were robbed.

We did play poorly especially Dier and Eriksen. We missed Alli. Lamela should have started. He scored a great goal, narrowly missed one after crafting the opportunity and put Son in for what should have been a pen.

I'm not having it that Liverpool are streets ahead of us. We had 60% possession, if our passing was better they would have fed off scraps. Where was their best player Salah ? Their forwards made poor decisions. Our poor passing was uncharacteristic, that's not normal and it's what let them in.

I thought Liverpool were lucky with both goals. Poch got his team selection wrong again. Lamela should have started, he would have been at them and unsettled them. He would have created as he did when he came on. We had Dembele, Winks and Eriksen in MF , Dier was not needed.

They usually dominate us when we have in form players and now they have strengthened again by adding Keita. It is going to be tough. I keep hearing positive things about Lamela, time for him to back it up.

He backed it up but wasn't given long enough. I doubt you were going to admit it though.

The momentum is done.

Said this last season after we blew it against Juve.

The team peaked two seasons ago and we didn't invest when it was a must.

This squad is on the decline. It's on the stand still train, destination stagnation city.

The momentum is done.

This is the most damning and accurate statement on this site. We will have to break up this side to go forward. I think we'll be looking at a whole fresh bunch of 1st teamers or a new coach or both. But now we start to regress. This wave has hit the beach

This is the most damning and accurate statement on this site. We will have to break up this side to go forward. I think we'll be looking at a whole fresh bunch of 1st teamers or a new coach or both. But now we start to regress. This wave has hit the beach

Rubbish. Winks is back, Toby is back ( injured last season) , Lamela is back, Moura is ready and performing. These are all bonuses on last season. Kane, Son, Eriksen have had tough international spells but will come good. We have Wanyama to return, some good youngsters emerging.

We are not done, we will get better, there is way more to come. Utter tripe knee-jerk reaction.

They scored 2 scrappy goals. Their forwards were selfish and going for glory rather than passing. Klopp was going nuts. Lucas hit the post, Kane was unlucky a couple of times, his body shape wrong but not his fault. Lamela went just wide the proved what a technician he is with his goal .

We were then robbed by the ref after Lamela flicked on onto Son who had his leg taken, stone wall pen. Irrespective of Liverpool's chances they didn't take them.

Vorm was not at fault for either goal. He actually made a couple of good saves. Liverpool's goals were like pinball, could have gone anywhere. Lamelas goal was class and then we were robbed.

We did play poorly especially Dier and Eriksen. We missed Alli. Lamela should have started. He scored a great goal, narrowly missed one after crafting the opportunity and put Son in for what should have been a pen.

I'm not having it that Liverpool are streets ahead of us. We had 60% possession, if our passing was better they would have fed off scraps. Where was their best player Salah ? Their forwards made poor decisions. Our poor passing was uncharacteristic, that's not normal and it's what let them in.

I thought Liverpool were lucky with both goals. Poch got his team selection wrong again. Lamela should have started, he would have been at them and unsettled them. He would have created as he did when he came on. We had Dembele, Winks and Eriksen in MF , Dier was not needed.

No Nick, our psssing wasn’t uncharacteristic...it’s been a characteristic since last season...balls fired in like shots, underhit telegraphed passing has been a feature for months. Liverpool were organised and effective, we were a bunch of strangers with individual good performances. With a former defender as manager we are negative to the point of stupidity and are not organised defensively at all...as others have mentioned the number of 3 v 2 situations was ridiculous and if they had not been so selfish and wasteful it could have been a complete rout. It’s not just the players it’s Poch and his coaches...what the hell do they practice all week. Liverpool were not that great but they were significantly better than us.

Rubbish. Winks is back, Toby is back ( injured last season) , Lamela is back, Moura is ready and performing. These are all bonuses on last season. Kane, Son, Eriksen have had tough international spells but will come good. We have Wanyama to return, some good youngsters emerging.

We are not done, we will get better, there is way more to come. Utter tripe knee-jerk reaction.

This team without the investment it needed over the summer is done.

We didn’t win a trophy when it was at its peak we have no chance now.

Same issues are still there

Please tell me how the same players, less fresh are going to do better?

We crawled over the line last season - we have been dire in most league games since April.