Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool FC | Page 9 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool FC

Rubbish. Winks is back, Toby is back ( injured last season) , Lamela is back, Moura is ready and performing. These are all bonuses on last season. Kane, Son, Eriksen have had tough international spells but will come good. We have Wanyama to return, some good youngsters emerging.

We are not done, we will get better, there is way more to come. Utter tripe knee-jerk reaction.
It’s not knee jerk, it’s been coming all season.

It’s not knee jerk, it’s been coming all season.

All season ? 5 games won 3. Liverpool are title favourites with some pundits and couldn't score a clear cut goal. We gifted them with pinball like errors. Vert redirected the cross that led to Vorm fumbling and Tripps got in his way for the second comedy goal. Liverpool didn't convince me and that's with us playing badly. Poch should not have picked Dier or Winks who needs sharpening against lower teams. Coming all season....we have world cup returnees who had to play joke internationals again before they had been rested.

Our passing was poor on occasions but it’s not always the fault of the passer, the receiver is often to blame for not coming to get the ball and allowing the opposition to get hold of it. So often I see this, it’s lazy. Ok we could get better at passing but if a ball is not so good, we should run to it. Moura is good but we need to support him, get the ball to him and aid him. Make decoy routes around him to take the pressure off him.

We missed Alli and Lamela passing , that cheeky inventive factor, we missed Eriksens input, he had a poor game. Winks will improve. It's still early days on Danny's return, he will get better. Our passing will improve. Lamela came on and showed what was missing .

Damn glad I wasn't able to watch again!!!

Guess from what I am hearing...everything we have been calling for was not done.
From what I have read:

-Dier (or DIRE) started in midfield - Simply not good enough, DM is a major weakness for us and until MP figures that shit out we will struggle to beat ANYONE.

-Kane - Yep needs to be dropped to bench for a spell...simply not good enough

-Lamela - Hate to say I told you so, but this guy needs more time on the pitch...sorry I don't see much coming from Erickson at the moment..hell maybe he needs a spell on the bench as well. (that may be a bit harsh)

-Winks - I will not give up on him yet. Do you think he struggled due to the worthlessness of Dier and a severly degraded Kane and an off Erickson?

BL - I think we all know this, but without any fresh quality faces coming on...and if we do not play any of our young guys, this could be a devastating year for us. (Early exit from CL, no trophies, and finish outside top 4 of PL....absolutely will stop all the momentum we have built up over the last few years and we will see an exodus of our core)

MP needs to make a huge change now and put players on notice.
Yes Dier was dire I would rather play with 10 players than play him. I agree with what someone mentioned on this thread he always guarantee a back pass or misplaced pass that would concede or almost concede a goal. What a fucking liability.
Also Vorm is the source of all these problems we have conceded 3 headed goals since Loris got injured. He is too short and does not command confidence coming in for crosses

That is laughable. There are loads of players better the Eric Dier in midfield, he is a fucking center half who has wasted two years that should have been spent on learning to read the game and anticipate trouble and cut mistakes. He has done his own career because Southgate dont rate him and if any of Skip Amos or Booth get near the first team they will embarass him.
Agree you are spot on

Any midfield is better than Dier no wonder he is so happy for MOP not to sign for more players. So negative does not drive the team instead can not wait to get rid of the ball so quickly

Wow, didn’t want to comment whilst livid during or shortly after the game.
I’d give every Spurs player 4/10 apart from Lucas Moura who I’d say put in an 8/10 performance, which was only dulled by lack of support from Kane and every other bang average player out there.
This was simply not good enough by Poch or by the squad.
We did not deserve anything from this match.

I’ve said it before, these players need to fight for their position....not auto select regardless of form. Look at Lucas, he’s just so excited to be selected and puts in 100% as does Lamela.

I think the main reason we lost to Liverpool today is that we couldn't yet use our new bigger stadium.
I believe that once we are accommodated in our new bigger stadium we will win all home games even without buying new players to strengthen the squad.
I am sure that Levy and Co know that and that's the reason they didn't spend their money to strengthen the squad this summer.
We just have to be patient and trust our owners.
We all know that they are hungry for success on the field.
The number of tiles and trophies won during their ownership of the club is an unshakeable witness to their intentions with regard to THFC.

All season ? 5 games won 3. Liverpool are title favourites with some pundits and couldn't score a clear cut goal. We gifted them with pinball like errors. Vert redirected the cross that led to Vorm fumbling and Tripps got in his way for the second comedy goal. Liverpool didn't convince me and that's with us playing badly. Poch should not have picked Dier or Winks who needs sharpening against lower teams. Coming all season....we have world cup returnees who had to play joke internationals again before they had been rested.
Nick, while I don’t disagree that both their goals came from stupid errors on our part, the fact that they didn’t score at least 3 more goals against a totally exposed defence was down to their own incompetence and nothing to do with our great defensive work....in spite of winning the first 3 games we have not looked convincing in any of them...we have been disorganised and sloppy and got away with it until the last two games. Maybe Lamela, Son and Wanyama will improve things but not unless more work is put into training and Dier is dropped and Kane rested. However you try to dress it up we were just very poor today and that’s being polite.

It is real sad that it always us the fans who pick up the tab after poor games and seasons whilst those who are paid astronomical amount just get on with life.
We can debate all we want but if you have time (I personally will advise don't waste your time), watch the match again and judge for yourself, how good or bad we were yesterday.
I have said it b4 and will say it again, if possession was a measure of how good a team play or determinant of success, Leicester would never be even be within smelling distance of the title and Spain would not have crashed out of WC or Brazil would probably be winning most (if not all) the WC. It is what we do with and without the ball that matters most. So, for yesterday match, we had no shape, no speed (except for Moura) and no organization and have a crappy keeper to boot. We were cut open over and over again. I really would love to be able to find a good spin to the last 2 matches but try as I may, I just can't. Oh well, maybe one, we won't pay Liverfools every match.

Wow, didn’t want to comment whilst livid during or shortly after the game.
I’d give every Spurs player 4/10 apart from Lucas Moura who I’d say put in an 8/10 performance, which was only dulled by lack of support from Kane and every other bang average player out there.
This was simply not good enough by Poch or by the squad.
We did not deserve anything from this match.

I’ve said it before, these players need to fight for their position....not auto select regardless of form. Look at Lucas, he’s just so excited to be selected and puts in 100% as does Lamela.
Only problem with Lamela is that once you select him too much, his body breaks down and he will be out for at least one third of the season. He is a Ferrari, very nice to drive into the hotel lobby once a while but you won't use it for your every day commute to the work site.

Our passing was poor on occasions but it’s not always the fault of the passer, the receiver is often to blame for not coming to get the ball and allowing the opposition to get hold of it. So often I see this, it’s lazy. Ok we could get better at passing but if a ball is not so good, we should run to it. Moura is good but we need to support him, get the ball to him and aid him. Make decoy routes around him to take the pressure off him.
I fully agree with the comments on players not making the space to run into places where the passer can give it to him. How often did we see our players just standing behind the opponents and then raising the hand for the pass and I would start to think, how the hell is this guy gonna pass to him. Apart from this, we hardly see any give and go and variation in our play, we just keep going left, right, left, right. Then once in a rare while, our wingbacks manage to break to the byline.....of well, they can't cross the ball, although Trippier is crossing much better nowadays.

I can't really be angry as I fully expected a Liverpool win which we duly got.
Since the drubbing we gave Liverpool last season, we have gone backwards at a rate of knots compared to them.

Stale players , stale tactics and a stale manager.

That really was a shocking performance. We were very lucky not to get hammered.

Vorm is way past it. Why the hell did we extend his contract?

Our CB's are off form and look slow and sluggish.

Tripps and Rose look average.

Dier is awful. He has been for a few years now. He must be dropped. I would sell him sharpish.

Dembele is finished at this level. Some of us have said this for a while yet Poch continues to play him. Use him as a sub ffs.

Winks is still not ready.

Eriksen has disappeared and Kane is at 40%.

The only player that looked up for it was Lucas.

Lamela is a super sub, he isn't good enough to start games. He disappears when he does.

The players don't look interested. Poch questioned their commitment after the Watford game.

Not looking good.

Dier is awful. He has been for a few years now. He must be dropped. I would sell him sharpish.

Dembele is finished at this level. Some of us have said this for a while yet Poch continues to play him. Use him as a sub ffs.

Lamela is a super sub, he isn't good enough to start games. He disappears when he does.

The players don't look interested. Poch questioned their commitment after the Watford game.

Not looking good.

Christian/Jan not signed new contracts - they want away I imagine

Not looking good.

Couldn’t agree more RD. Eriksen and Kane did nothing. And what the others did ( apart from Lucas) was awful. Each and everyone of them, and it’s not often we can say that the entire team were dreadful.

You’d think after that disgrace at Watford we’d turn it around, however this is where Poch gets found out. His inability to motivate players, perform due diligence on how to best set up and utilise the best players to pull off his plan....well it’s plain embarrassing.

I really feel for the 75000 Spurs fans who paid big money to watch Liverpool take our 3 points at a canter.

It’s going to be a long season if we continue with Dier, Dembele, Rose and if we ever play Vorm again. I’ve never really minded Vorm, but I must say now, he’s definately not PL quality let alone good enough for Spurs.

I guess this is when supporting our Club becomes character building.

Just watched the highlights. Our mistakes gave then untold chances. We were lucky to be only 2-0 down at 90 mins.

We will get better . Dembo and dier were terrible.

Vorms contract should never have been extended. It was a dumb ass decision from Poch.

We should have signed a young British GK who has the talent to be our number 2.

Vorms contract should never have been extended. It was a dumb ass decision from Poch.

We should have signed a young British GK who has the talent to be our number 2.

There is no one better out there than we have in our squad.

These are words that will haunt the manager all season.