Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool FC | Page 11 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool FC

Dire needs a rest and a kick up the backside and Poch needs to release him from the fear of passing forward.
Poch should have played Son from the start...happy to have won the Asia cup and not having to go in the army...he would have been right up for it.
And why all this talk of Harry being tired...Hazard also played at the world cup right to the end and he looks eager and sharp....
No excuses ...just a very average overall performance...Lucas excluded.
The Hazzard comparison made by a pundit is lazy as F mate. Anyone watching Hazard will tell you he down tools for large parts of the last few seasons for various reasons. He has not been playing with the flat out intensity of Kane for four years. It also overlooks the injury induced strain Kane's body has endured. Three major injuries and I've been told three minor. Kane needs to be dropped and told to recuperate;anything less is negligence on the part of the manager and club.

We have to grow with Poch, he will learn. He is young and will develop as we do. That doesn't mean I won't call him out for errors.

Poch is not young, he is 46, Pep is 47, why peddle such crap as if Poch is young and inexperienced, he has been a coach/manager for 9 years and has won FA.

That is highly unlikely to change now is it ?

We were dreadful. We're in a leaderless imposed mess.

Glad you've posted Ex, any insight as to whether things are OK behind the scenes ?

The reason I ask is that everything was bubbling after the Manure away result but Poch said a lot of negative shit in the press instead of praising them , and you've seen the performances since.

I've read somewhere that reports from Denmark have said that Eriksen was going to sign a new contract dependant on our summer business showing ambition to progress ?

How does the squad feel about Sanchez and Davies being sidelined now after stepping up last season when Toby and Rose didn't want to know?

Any inside vibes as unrest ?

Poch is not young, he is 46, Pep is 47, why peddle such crap as if Poch is young and inexperienced, he has been a coach/manager for 9 years and has won FA.

That is highly unlikely to change now is it ?

We are Poch's first big club. He is still young in the context of top managers.

Glad you've posted Ex, any insight as to whether things are OK behind the scenes ?

The reason I ask is that everything was bubbling after the Manure away result but Poch said a lot of negative shit in the press instead of praising them , and you've seen the performances since.

I've read somewhere that reports from Denmark have said that Eriksen was going to sign a new contract dependant on our summer business showing ambition to progress ?

How does the squad feel about Sanchez and Davies being sidelined now after stepping up last season when Toby and Rose didn't want to know?

We have a game on Tuesday. Rotation is still needed .

Still cannot believe how bad 90% of our players were yesterday. Especially Vorm,Trip, Eriksson, Kane, Dembele and a special mention for Dier. None of them deserve to keep there place but because we have no back up we are stuck. We can drop a few but not all.
I am hearing things about Lucas but he was all puff with no end product. The only player who can hold his head up is Lamela. He did more in 30 minutes than all the rest of the attack put together. Created 3 goal scoring opportunities 1 shot just of target and 1 goal. Should be a certain starter on Tuesday

No evidence for that
Bro, i will leave u to do the Maths of how often he is available fully or at least reasonably fit (dont forget after being out for some time, a player needs about 5 games to get match fitness and form) out of the number of games he could play with us since he signed. In Kane's case he has not recovered match fitness and sharpness since he rushed back last season.

Still cannot believe how bad 90% of our players were yesterday. Especially Vorm,Trip, Eriksson, Kane, Dembele and a special mention for Dier. None of them deserve to keep there place but because we have no back up we are stuck. We can drop a few but not all.
I am hearing things about Lucas but he was all puff with no end product. The only player who can hold his head up is Lamela. He did more in 30 minutes than all the rest of the attack put together. Created 3 goal scoring opportunities 1 shot just of target and 1 goal. Should be a certain starter on Tuesday
Only thing i can say is at least Moura bothered to huff and puff. The other guys (Dembo was ok initially), just jog around. Did anyone compare the energy level of our team vs 4 years ago when Poch just joined (especially the 2nd season of Poch). Where is the determined pressing game? We r now playing without shape and philosophy.

Bro, i will leave u to do the Maths of how often he is available fully or at least reasonably fit (dont forget after being out for some time, a player needs about 5 games to get match fitness and form) out of the number of games he could play with us since he signed. In Kane's case he has not recovered match fitness and sharpness since he rushed back last season.

Lamela had his hip problem obviously and was out for a long period. He had sustained periods in the team before that and was almost first on the team sheet such was his contribution. He was injured when he came to us and had to adapt to the league as did Moura.

The players were compromised by the formation and tactics deployed by Poch. Liverpool were playing on the break so us pressing was not a factor, there was nothing to press. Poch played 2 CBs instead of 3 with a diamond in front. With two attacking wing backs pushing forward there was too much space in MF and the formation was uncertain making the players nervous. This caused poor passing. Poch got it wrong in so many ways not least bringing on Lamela too late.

Lamela is the nearest in style to Dele.But can we play them both together? No idea, but I'm looking forward to seeing it happen.Please rest Kane & let's try the greyhounds up front-Son & Lucas.

Believe or not, all I've heard is that the players are angry/upset/annoyed at why almost to a man, the whole team is struggling to put together a performance.

Vorm is over the hill, Rose isn't back to his best, Vert is off the boil, Dembele is now everything I feared he would be - perhaps even worse, Winks still needs time.

Toby's ego is bruised and it's clear he's frustrated.

I have never believed we'd manage to hold onto Eriksen. Alli looks depleted and also off the boil - Lamela needs to be given a long run (and I'd drop Dembele to accommodate him) - at least until Victor can return as he once was.

We're ina back wash from the World Cup - playing so many games over the last few seasons with a relatively light squad.

Son at his best is desperately needed.

Trips needs to concentrate on defending as much as he does trying the hero balls.

Yes, we can play in patches, yes we could arguer we didn't get the rub of the green - but in this business you make your own luck by playing consistently well and for more than brief patches in a game.

How we get to January with any hope of a top 4 is currently beyond my imagination - we're playing at 75-80% at best and you simply can't get away with that in this league.

Believe or not, all I've heard is that the players are angry/upset/annoyed at why almost to a man, the whole team is struggling to put together a performance.

Vorm is over the hill, Rose isn't back to his best, Vert is off the boil, Dembele is now everything I feared he would be - perhaps even worse, Winks still needs time.

Toby's ego is bruised and it's clear he's frustrated.

I have never believed we'd manage to hold onto Eriksen. Alli looks depleted and also off the boil - Lamela needs to be given a long run (and I'd drop Dembele to accommodate him) - at least until Victor can return as he once was.

We're ina back wash from the World Cup - playing so many games over the last few seasons with a relatively light squad.

Son at his best is desperately needed.

Trips needs to concentrate on defending as much as he does trying the hero balls.

Yes, we can play in patches, yes we could arguer we didn't get the rub of the green - but in this business you make your own luck by playing consistently well and for more than brief patches in a game.
How we get to January with any hope of a top 4 is currently beyond my imagination - we're playing at 75-80% at best and you simply can't get away with that in this league.

'm going to say something now EX you can press record....Right ready ...We should have signed Wilfred Zaha whatever it cost. I'd have gone up to 65 plus N'kudo or Sissoko. Not because he is worth it but because he can play two positions and for the fact he'd have given the whole squad the mental lift it so badly needs. When we lose Ericksen I'd go back for him. Whilst we search for the playmaker we need.

Lamela had his hip problem obviously and was out for a long period. He had sustained periods in the team before that and was almost first on the team sheet such was his contribution. He was injured when he came to us and had to adapt to the league as did Moura.
Lets b very objective. A quick check with Premier League website shows 112 appearance over 5+ seasons (he came Aug 2013). It is about 50% availability, that makes him unreliable. Its like Real frustration w Bale. Well, lets hope he is more available and b consistent in form from now on.

'm going to say something now EX you can press record....Right ready ...We should have signed Wilfred Zaha whatever it cost. I'd have gone up to 65 plus N'kudo or Sissoko. Not because he is worth it but because he can play two positions and for the fact he'd have given the whole squad the mental lift it so badly needs. When we lose Ericksen I'd go back for him. Whilst we search for the playmaker we need.

Yep 100% agreed...another 'ALMOST' signing for multiple years in a row.

I also am getting tired of hearing that our performance is because we are tired from the World Cup...then address it!!!

Hell we could sit most of the guys that played significant minutes in the World Cup anyway, not sure what the issue is. Last time I checked a few of the young guys are hungry and ready to compete.