The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 227 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juve are trying to get Ronaldo's salary off their books at the moment. It would definitley soften the blow of Jack leaving. Would need to get very creative in how we structured his salary though

90min are reporting that Martinez – who joined Villa from Arsenal last summer for £20 million, as reported by The Guardian – is a transfer target for a top European club.
More to worry about.... this definitely can't happen

No actual club is linked in any of those reports and every top Euro club I can think of has a decent keeper already.

Am I the only person who doesn't get why we're interested in JWP? Bar him being good at free kicks what is he bar another Westwood like crab.

Yep, said the same all Summer. You hardly ever notice him until he scores a free kick. Think we need to be aiming for better than that if we are about to lose Jack

Am I the only person who doesn't get why we're interested in JWP? Bar him being good at free kicks what is he but another Westwood like crab.

If he was available for cheap money, say £10m or something because he’s out of contract shortly I would get it for the squad. I do like him, but £30-40m just sounds like big money to me. Perhaps that’s the going rate of English premier league players in their mid 20’s these days, but it’s still a lot of money

I disagree but I will say its exactly what we should be doing even if he stays. We need to be in a position where Jack leaving doesnt cripple us.
Building around Grealish and demonstrating to him our ambitions which would make him stay with the NSWE project

Status
Not open for further replies.