The Punters Thread. | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Punters Thread.

looking like pardew will get it syston , much to the annoyance of their fans judging by the forums . for the life of me i cannot understand why they would want to employ pardew , looks like i jumped the gun with this one , oh well ....

Fulham Draw @ 11/5
Tottenham @ 9/5
Middlesbrough @ 13/8
Bristol City @ 6/4
Aston Villa @ 6/5
Bolton @ 1/1
Huddersfield @ 23/20
Burton Albion @ 11/10
Chesterfield @ 11/10
9 Folds, 1 bet * £1.00

pays nearly £2,500 for a nugget so worth a go.

I think I got lucky I backed Forest to be above the sheep on xmas day (big bet). It is going to be a void bet as both teams need to have played the same amount of matches.

Hey Syston hows the system coming along ?????????

I havent posted for a long time on here.

Curly - 17/12/2010 23:02

I think I got lucky I backed Forest to be above the sheep on xmas day (big bet). It is going to be a void bet as both teams need to have played the same amount of matches.
unlucky then curly surely?

Betfair forumites love a fix conspiracy theory,and it would seem the Italians are at it again.
Abinoleffe V Piacenza Calcio, ko @ 7.45 in Serie B tonight.
Noticed last night that the draw was insanely short @ 1.65 (4/7ish) with around £800,000 having been lumped on.
Someone began a thread at 7am and looked at the price 15 minuits ago 1.6,this has just moved 1.53 after seeing another £200.000 lumped on in that short time.
For £1.3 million to be placed on a 2nd division draw 7 1/2 hours before ko is quite staggering and definately stinks.
Having said that, This is the second time this has occurred in three months.
On the last occasion an 84th minuit opening goal destroyed £2m worth of draw bets on a similar game.
Just LAYED the draw @ 1.53 (1/2) as this price has surely bottomed.
Hopefully another fix theory will go down the pan.

Forgot to add that in April/May this year 3 games occurred with a draw price between 1.5-1.75.
One actually landed the odds but overall this type of game has suited those of us that love to take on the short odds.

Step forward Orbital,
You know there is little to lose on this one. Hope you see this in time.
Worth opening a small account imo.

Just gone 1.48 (4/9) and discovered it was 1.30 (30/100) at one point.
Will have to watch this now as if the ball stays in the centre circle for the first half then a contrived result is on the cards.
Some great prices on the correct score market too,

0-0, 7/2
1-1, 2/1
2-2, 5/1
3-3, went from 100/1>20/1>50/1.
£1.7+m placed on the draw,
£41,000 on home win,19,000 away,amazing scenes :19:

3.25million placed on the draw at ko,??????
Had a small bet on the home team to go with the lay on the draw.
Home team score after 8 mins and somehow the prices have remained the same,Preventing us all from making a quick profit.
Market has been manipulated to a massive degree but these buggers could do us a favour if it ends in a home win as inability to trade out will force us to wait for a full payout.
Traders on Betfair up in arms as everyone is wary now of a soft penalty for an equaliser.lol.

0-0, 7/2
1-1, 2/1
2-2, 5/1
3-3, went from 100/1>20/1>50/1.
£1.7+m placed on the draw,
£41,000 on home win,19,000 away,amazing scenes

Result 3-3.
Well at F/T we were aware that the clue to the result of the game was in the score market.
A ledgendary fourteen page thread on Betfair was a pleasure to be involved in.
Most of us had never witnessed four such unchallenged goals in one game.
Acouple of the guys on there backed 3-3 as they said there was no other decent price for any other draw score.
Bet 365 limited all bets to £100 at lunchtime and many online bookmakers voided bets during the game. :19: :19:

orbitalforest - 11/12/2010 15:08

Fulham Draw @ 11/5
Tottenham @ 9/5
Middlesbrough @ 13/8
Bristol City @ 6/4
Aston Villa @ 6/5
Bolton @ 1/1
Huddersfield @ 23/20
Burton Albion @ 11/10
Chesterfield @ 11/10
9 Folds, 1 bet * £1.00

syston i had 8 from 8 going into the spurs game so had £1400 @ 2/7 for chelsea/draw result so i couldn't lose whatever the result . if spurs had won i'd have been £1100 in profit but i ended up picking up £1800 and a profit of £400 as the match was drawn.

Hi orbitalforest

I thought I was going to be unlucky following last week - I have just checked my VC account and they have paid out.

Won £364 from a £1k stake (4/11)

Just put the lot back on a top 6 finish 11/8

Curly - 21/12/2010 21:53

Hi orbitalforest

I thought I was going to be unlucky following last week - I have just checked my VC account and they have paid out.

nice one curly ! good to see they paid up although if we hadn't ended up above the sheep you probably could have played the ' less games played card' and got the bet void anyway . :35:

orbitalforest - 21/12/2010 22:19

Hi orbitalforest

nice one curly ! good to see they paid up although if we hadn't ended up above the sheep you probably could have played the ' less games played card' and got the bet void anyway . :35:

All season I thought the bet was down, then a lifeline that the bet was going to be void - then 16.55 on sat the bet was up.

I have got some serious money (very serious) on in pre season / year end bets I hope for every forest fan that these bet are up!!!

orbitalforest - 21/12/2010 19:20

Fulham Draw @ 11/5
Tottenham @ 9/5
Middlesbrough @ 13/8
Bristol City @ 6/4
Aston Villa @ 6/5
Bolton @ 1/1
Huddersfield @ 23/20
Burton Albion @ 11/10
Chesterfield @ 11/10
9 Folds, 1 bet * £1.00

syston i had 8 from 8 going into the spurs game so had £1400 @ 2/7 for chelsea/draw result so i couldn't lose whatever the result . if spurs had won i'd have been £1100 in profit but i ended up picking up £1800 and a profit of £400 as the match was drawn.

That is great stuff Orbital,
Yesterday was first day of three week holiday and the first bit of spare time to get on here for a while.
Noticed your bet but did not get round to checking back on results.
Nice to be in the position of laying/hedging the last team in an acca as you say guarenteed profit as soon as you place the second bet.
Got spare time now and no bloody racing :27:
Have a good Christmas and ney year if our paths dont cross beforehand.

Nice one curly,well done.

SYSTON RED - 21/12/2010 23:55

orbitalforest - 21/12/2010 19:20

Fulham Draw @ 11/5
Tottenham @ 9/5
Middlesbrough @ 13/8
Bristol City @ 6/4
Aston Villa @ 6/5
Bolton @ 1/1
Huddersfield @ 23/20
Burton Albion @ 11/10
Chesterfield @ 11/10
9 Folds, 1 bet * £1.00

That is great stuff Orbital,
Yesterday was first day of three week holiday and the first bit of spare time to get on here for a while.
Noticed your bet but did not get round to checking back on results.
Nice to be in the position of laying/hedging the last team in an acca as you say guarenteed profit as soon as you place the second bet.
Got spare time now and no bloody racing :27:
Have a good Christmas and ney year if our paths dont cross beforehand.

Nice one curly,well done.
actually syston i was getting ready for a nailbiter for the spurs game when my mate ( a manager at william hill) phoned me up before the game as i'd told him saturday night i needed bolton,spurs on the sunday to get the acca , he advised me to do the chelsea/draw bet and i'm glad i did . have a great xmas and new year yourself :7:

Curly - 21/12/2010 22:39

orbitalforest - 21/12/2010 22:19

Hi orbitalforest

All season I thought the bet was down, then a lifeline that the bet was going to be void - then 16.55 on sat the bet was up.

I have got some serious money (very serious) on in pre season / year end bets I hope for every forest fan that these bet are up!!!
let's hope you get a serious pick up then curly and you can take us all out for a few :7:

Sunderland V Blackpool.
Back under 3.5 goals @ 1.54,£4.30 staked, BET WON.

West Brom/Blackburn.
Draw/West Brom HT/FT @5,£2 staked.
Over 2.5 goals@ 2.5 (in play) £2 staked,(Bet only placed automatically if price reaches 2.5.

West Brom game is worth a HT/FT punt as they are a stronger team second half,Whereas Blackburn tend to lose ground during this period. :76: BET LOST.

Sunderland bet never in trouble,
W,Brom game was right at h/t only to spectacularly wrong in second half.
Early goal by Blackburn meant 2.5 price on the goals market was not matched,usually happens when a winner :83:

Must LAY Man Utd away at Brum,1.52 (1/2) for a team that has only one away win after Christmas is just taking the p1sh.
May be top of the poorest premier league in history and the fact Bolton,Blackburn,Wigan,Newcastle, Stoke and Blackpool among others have won more away points than M,U leaves me happy to lay the short odds.
Wow 1.5 now,Almost seems to good to be true,
In which case,Cue a rare Utd away win.

Layed United at 1.52 £5 to win10,United were poo but on taking the lead were as short as 1.15.
By this time they sat deep and encouraged Brum as well as another lay from me to win another tenner.
89th min leveller was great as smugchester have provided layers with 7/8 winning bets when they are on the road.
Long may it last.

Reds V Dirtby. Over 3.5 goals @ 3.9.

Bring on the goals tonight,have a feeling we will see maybe three or four.
Have a Lay bet installed at lower odds in case two goals in F/H.
Looking for two pt profit from this one.
Enjoy the game. BET WON £10.

Wow what a result,Brian Clough Trophy comes home in style :70: