The Punters Thread. | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Punters Thread.

Placed one early before the odds come down,

Reds V Barnsley. Over 3.5 goals @ 4 Betfair.
Fancy goals again.

Norn Iron PL.
Donegal V Linfield, Over 2.5 goals @ 1.4 BF.

Lay Liverpool @ 1.78 BF in hopefully another failure to win V Bolton.

These three bets prove the value of in-play betting as pre-kick-off two have not succeeded.

Not much to do at work so had Forest on radio and scoucers on the internet.

Second half saw a change in fortune in both games as both were chasing.

Left the Forest bet to stand but worried about Liverpool domination and when they equalised waited for a price of 2.5 for them to win and promptly backed them to win.

Another case of being prepared to change position if the game does not go to original plan.

Profit on Liverpool game was 1pt anyway unlike Donegal game that was traded the opposite way also but for only 40% profit. :

Traded out for a return of stake at H/T 1-0 in the Irish game,
Developed into a spiteful sectarian affair with little football allowed'
Expected Lifield to bag 2/3 goals and they may yet do so but looking like a bit of a gamble now as red cards are likely.

54*gone and still 1-0
Just backed Under 3.5 goals @ 1.4, Total reversal of original as i am using the recovered stake.

RESULT 2-0, BET WON. Got there one way or another.

Early goal gave an opportunity to weigh the game up as Birmingham are a tight outfit at home as they showed against Man Utd a few days ago.
But although United struggled here Arsenal put on a Barcelona type show and provided no thought of trading out for a quick profit.
Always in command they remained patient and scored a classic third goal in 66 minuits.
If only they had Uniteds ability to hold a lead and not drop silly points.

Won some bets on saturday so used abit of the profit for tomororw/monday games.

got few on but here just afew.

qpr beat bristol city
notts county beat hartlepool
port vale beat burton
luton beat hayes
£1 on wins £9.27

Leicester beat Swansea
Portsmouth beat Hull
Northampton beat Imps
Mansfield beat Altrincham
£1 on wins £11.64

Watford beat Scunny
Southampton beat Dagenham
Rotherham beat Macclesfield
Crawley beat Forest Green.
£1 on wins £9.39

abit of profit n puttin goals goals goals on tomorrow.

Cup day today and weakened sides all over the shop,
There seem to be a few readers on here if not posters,What do you lads do?.
To keep this thread alive it needs input as i can only do that when time permits and just had three weeks off.
Come on lads, Only an interest thread at the end of the day.

Malaga V Ath Bilbao and Stevenage V Newcastle unfortunately kick off at roughly the same time.
Betfair,Futbol24Livescore and two live streams on four tabs required.
Good opportunities here at a glance so all input welcome before ko at 17.00 ish.

burnley, birmingham,man city & west ham (sorry) .£5 pays £35 ..... 2 down 2 to go . hopefully i'll lose and we'll beat the 'ammers !

orbitalforest - 4/2/2011 20:57

half time bet QPR to win at Reading £5 @ 11/2 . down to 10 men you just know they'll still bloody win!

fooking knew it the jammy bastards! they only had a couple of shots on target ! oh well that's paid for my tickets tomorrow at least .

Nice one Orb,good price too.
Watched one tonight in Portugal.
Sp Lisbon v Naval (bottom) Lisbon cannot be trusted so waited for them to go in front and achieve a price of 1/10 and laid it.
Naval drifted to 65 but wasnt tempted and watched them lead twice before conceding a late equaliser.
Bigger prices over 200 were matched on Naval so a few unlucky punters around.
For me though the highlight was a layer offering 999/1 against 1-2 at h/t (offered @41 mins) and some punter matching him with £8,of course Naval then obliged with goals in 43 and 45 mins.
Ouch.
Expect Watford to have a go today so will be backing 3 and four goals,How do you see it?.

SYSTON RED - 5/2/2011 01:04

Nice one Orb,good price too.
Watched one tonight in Portugal.
Sp Lisbon v Naval (bottom) Lisbon cannot be trusted so waited for them to go in front and achieve a price of 1/10 and laid it.
Naval drifted to 65 but wasnt tempted and watched them lead twice before conceding a late equaliser.
Bigger prices over 200 were matched on Naval so a few unlucky punters around.
For me though the highlight was a layer offering 999/1 against 1-2 at h/t (offered @41 mins) and some punter matching him with £8,of course Naval then obliged with goals in 43 and 45 mins.
Ouch.
Expect Watford to have a go today so will be backing 3 and four goals,How do you see it?.
i was expecting a few goals but now it looks like being very windy i don't think there will be , i've noticed a trend over time that blustery conditions "normally" don't produce many high scoring games (the ball is out of play a lot etc & takes longer to get under control when it is in play).i think we might lose this 1-0 or 2-1 .
it'll probably be 4-4 :19:

i've actually gone for £5 @ 13/5 on the draw & £5 Watford win @ 18/5 .

Yeah you are well ahead of me on the weather front,looks like no let up in the wind today.
Given that factor there will be opportunities today for under 2.5 goals bets where you would not normally expect them.
Going to look at games involving teams that depend on the long hoof today and hopefully find a few games where these teams are playing each other.
Off now to look at the Derby fixture for starters. :19:

SYSTON RED - 5/2/2011 09:01

Yeah you are well ahead of me on the weather front,looks like no let up in the wind today.
Given that factor there will be opportunities today for under 2.5 goals bets where you would not normally expect them.
Going to look at games involving teams that depend on the long hoof today and hopefully find a few games where these teams are playing each other.
Off now to look at the Derby fixture for starters. :19:
got to laugh though syston as there were goals flying in everywhere else ! perhaps the system doesn't work :19:

The bad weather system failed to work today as the under 2.5 goals acca went down at Bristol City :23: almost there though.

The trusty LAY man utd in all away games came good again though ,been great this year.

A new poster on Betfair asked if some of us would give away a simple strategy to help him get started in early October.

I got slaughtered for suggesting that one as the manure fans reckoned it was a fast track to the poorhouse.

As they start away games at 1/2 and get shorter when they score,
one glance at the away figures tells the true story of that metod this season. :30:

right i've had my doom & gloom bet for the weekend : £30 on QPR win @23/20 with Victor Chandler . i'll be happy to lose my money.

Another pre-season bet up this week "Billy to win a MOM"

At the moment things are looking ok. I am still in a position where I could either loose or win big.

On a negative I have had a big loose on a pre-season bet today (even though I knew it was going to happen for the last few weeks). Blackpool to get less than 29 points!!

Come on Forest

Curly,
Given our run of fixtures after Sc**thorpe,will you be tempted to lay off on the championship winner market.
My bet was at 14 BF but a few of the boys on betfair traded out lately as they had odds of between 40-65.
Interested to know your take on it as we could achieve 4 in the next few days.