The Punters Thread. | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Punters Thread.

Syston Red

I do not use betfair so I am not sure about laying off bets!
At the moment I have some fairly big money on
Win league 10/1
Promotion 7/2
Top 6 spread between 6/4 to 4/5
above norwich, reading and watford 2/1
and various bets to be above sheep, leic and cov

any advice much appreciated

If you have staked a good amount Curly, has to be worth setting a lowest price you think we will achieve and then lay it on BF.
For me wether it is a £5 or £50 bet it has the same plan in that i would rather trade out before the end and have stake back in the account before the bet has a risk element.

5.9 (5/1) on BF at the moment and if we beat Scunny and Cardiff i expect to see a price of around 4.0 (3/1).
Took 14 in August and would be happy to lay @4 for a 10 point profit before we play a run of tough fixtures.
If your stakes on the winners market are large then it makes sense to open a BF account just to lay your stake money,after all these days some of us do ante-post when we would never have touched them before BF came along as they were so much of a gamble.

Some are loathe to lay off as they want the whole ammount but the betfair forums are filled at the weekend with punters screaming about bad luck due to a late equaliser, despite the fact they refuse to lay off as they claim they would lose 4-5% of their winnings.

Do whatever feels right for you,but suggest you remeber Orbitals acca on this thread,That is how to manage a winning position

If you have staked a good amount Curly, has to be worth setting a lowest price you think we will achieve and then lay it on BF.
For me wether it is a £5 or £50 bet it has the same plan in that i would rather trade out before the end and have stake back in the account before the bet has a risk element.

5.9 (5/1) on BF at the moment and if we beat Scunny and Cardiff i expect to see a price of around 4.0 (3/1).
Took 14 in August and would be happy to lay @4 for a 10 point profit before we play a run of tough fixtures.
If your stakes on the winners market are large then it makes sense to open a BF account just to lay your stake money,after all these days some of us do ante-post when we would never have touched them before BF came along as they were so much of a gamble.

Some are loathe to lay off as they want the whole ammount but the betfair forums are filled at the weekend with punters screaming about bad luck due to a late equaliser, despite the fact they refuse to lay off as they claim they would lose 4-5% of their winnings.

Do whatever feels right for you,but suggest you remeber Orbitals acca on this thread,That is how to manage a winning position

SYSTON , my best mate won £1286 yesterday with four selections singles,doubles,trebles and an e/w acca . he had 3 winners Frontline Phantom 11/1 , Jawking 12/1 & Battleoftrafalgar 40/1 and Brae Hill 22/1 second . i was watching the last race (Frontline Phantom) with him & his dad and we went mental when it hosed up . he'd have won a bloody fortune if his one in second had managed to win ! i went with him this morning to pick his money up and he stuck £20 in the roulette machine and won £160 ! he must have trod in something .

Hey orb, how are you.
What a cracking afternoon for him,God knows how he found em but great to see a story like that.

SYSTON RED - 3/4/2011 20:41

Hey orb, how are you.
What a cracking afternoon for him,God knows how he found em but great to see a story like that.
i'm fine thanks syston and yourself? yeah my mate tends to follow certain trainers or jockeys so sometimes gets big priced winners that i'd have never considered but he just managed to get them all on one slip this time , if only the 22/1 second placed one could have won! pleased for him as he's been having a dabble for over 25 years now and that's his best return yet plus he's a great bloke,a real comedian , he laid out about £15 i think on the bet . he spent all saturday evening trying to work out what he'd won as he'd put it on in the shop whereas online it normally tells you what the return will be.
glad the flat season is under way as i prefer the flat although i won't go mad with my stakes .i've been winning dribs & drabs but pretty much only covering my stakes just lately , better than losing i suppose , hope you've been lucky ! :35:

Orb,

What about BACKSTAGE in the national,seems the type to give a good run for your money,
Only an opinion based on a race in Ireland last year,been readied properly and gives me the same feeling as Numbersixvalverde.
Paul Carberry a bonus in the saddle too.

SYSTON RED - 9/4/2011 02:08

Orb,

What about BACKSTAGE in the national,seems the type to give a good run for your money,
Only an opinion based on a race in Ireland last year,been readied properly and gives me the same feeling as Numbersixvalverde.
Paul Carberry a bonus in the saddle too.

didn't have a bet in the end syston .
this looked unlikley 6 weeks ago but looks nailed on now......unfortunately .

16/10/2010 GBP 50.00 Single: UNDER 69.5 POINTS @ 10/11 [Ou... Returns: £ 0.00
Bet ID: ********** Time: 00:13 Bet Type: Single Stake: £50.00
Event Selection Price E/W Terms Status
Total Championship Points This Season
Nottingham Forest Specials
Outright - Specials Under 69.5 points 10/11 Win only Unsettled

Well orb,
Hate to see a losing bet but think there are nine points there for us if Billy goes all in for it.
No point in holding back and we have proved before on some of our runs that this is a position within our control.
Reds are 11/8 on BFair and i am on as the only other bet of interest at the moment is Shalke in the CL.

Barca,5/4,
Man U,11/4,
Real,7/2,
Shalke,14.5/1.

In my opinion, Shalke are good enough to beat Utd and if that were the case they would then be a short enough price to LAY and achieve a large profit either way before the final kicks off.
Anyway that is the plan and time will tell. :67:

Syston where are you ? come on the flat season is well under way i need your help ! i fancy that French horse for the Derby ...Pour Moi @ 9/2 . i may have a nice e/w bet .
i also think Paul Lambert to still be in charge at Norwich at the end of next season @ 8/11 (William Hill)is a cracking bet , if they have a dodgy spell or are even in the bottom 3 all season i can't see them doing the dirty on him after what he's done for them ,perhaps he'd get job offers but i can imagine him staying loyal for the season , i may well have a decent bet on that.

Hey orbs,

Not much time recently but saw your post and thought i would ask your opinion of Oaks runner WONDER OF WONDERS.
Aiden OBrien seems very,very bullish and as i fancied it anyway then it looks a possible bet imo.

Got a day off today but raining buckets everywhere so a no-bet day.
Had a good bet on Barca at the remarkable odds they were Saturday,( odds of 1/2 last time v Utd and they are much improved whereas Utd have gone the opposite way).
Wish Barca could play a prem team every week if prices like that are available.
Will keep looking in over the summer to see if you have anything and of course i will pass on owt of interest, Good luck.

hi syston , if o'brien is bullish then you have to think it's going to be in the frame at least ,well worth a dabble i reckon .
remember i told you about my mate a couple of months back having a touch ? well he's done it again today ...he had 2 winners 8/1 (Another Try ) a dead heat so half the odds. then a 40/1 (Sir Glanton), he then had a 11/1 (Ivory Lace) come second beaten a head and just had his last one win at 25/1 (Gracies Games).
he's had singles,doubles ,trebles & ew acca and laid out £6.50 . it's got to be a couple of grand i'd have thought ? i always bet online so know what my potential winnings will be but he likes to bet in shop so won't find out until tomorrow .
maybe i should just start copying him? :17:

SYSTON RED - 30/5/2011 21:01

You and me both mate.
Great stuff.

we worked it out to be £1050 ish . so not as much as i thought but still better than a kick in the knackers and a great return for £6.50.

orbitalforest - 27/5/2011 21:04

Syston where are you ? come on the flat season is well under way i need your help ! i fancy that French horse for the Derby ...Pour Moi @ 9/2 . i may have a nice e/w bet .
i also think Paul Lambert to still be in charge at Norwich at the end of next season @ 8/11 (William Hill)is a cracking bet , if they have a dodgy spell or are even in the bottom 3 all season i can't see them doing the dirty on him after what he's done for them ,perhaps he'd get job offers but i can imagine him staying loyal for the season , i may well have a decent bet on that.

well i got the winner of the derby and managed to get 13/2 which was a cracking price considering it's sp was 4/1 . unfortunately i only had £2.50 e/w and wish i'd had the bigger bet i intended to have ! :83: you just know if i'd lumped on it would have got done on the line though ! nevermind still picked up £26.67 and the first time i have picked the derby winner as well .

think i may as well give up syston , i had a bet in EVERY race at royal ascot and had one winner (Maybe 5/2) all week out of 30 ....yes thirty races ! worse thing is i had nine 2nds with most of them going real close so i could have had a great week . to compound my misery this week i had a tenner on England to beat the Czech's and saw my money slip away again with a 1-0 lead being overturned in the last two minutes ! for fooks sake i've never had such a bad run of luck.

Your luck seems right out at the moment.
Watched the golf all weekend and forgot the und21s.
Had a read of the betfair forums after the golf ended and read about the defeat, also read about the price of 1000 on the C/Rep with minuits remaining, (all taken).
These guys never seem to learn. :10:

After my successful lay of forest last year, recent activity forces me to snap up all the bits on betfair at 19.5 and over for them to actually win it. My usual practice is to lay most of it back off if/when we drop to around 12/1

rare weekday flutter on us 2nite

Draw/Nottm Forest 5.6 €10.00 €46.00
Nottm Forest/Nottm Forest 3.6 €44.31 €115.21
€54.31

Easy 100 euros profit. ( that's how you approach away games dear BD.)

Forest still on offer at big prices on the spreads for the Championship, a long shot sure but lets have perspective; 5 times the price of Southampton? it HAS to shorten drastically at some point. I'm still buying with intentions of laying off later.

Til I die!