The Punters Thread. | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Punters Thread.

orbitalforest - 2/10/2010 15:30

not happy , picked out Masaya in the 1.55 at Newmarket but didn't get online in time to back it .......won at 20/1 ....then i'd picked out Fury for the 2.25 but heard an interview with Kieron Fallon beforehand who said he was worried about soft ground so opted for Pisco Sour instead that i then backed e/w at 20/1 ......you guessed it .....Fury 11/2 beats my one into second ! this isn't finished yet.......i then went to back Saphresa at 9/2 in the 3.00 only to find i had insufficient funds so i try and top up and there is an error and i get a message to call customer services ......i can't get through on the phone ......and yep ....the horse wins .....I fookING GIVE UP !

Orbital

never let the pundits or Racing Post change your mind.

Although Fallon is probably the best tipster on TV. How many times does he talk up a horse and it wins sometimes not even one he is on.

Orbital,
Sounds like you have had a sh*t day luckwise,everyone has em.
Had a great night weds/thurs with the european stuff,5/5 winners on my main account.
Unfortunately my main bank also included the 3 bets posted above so has taken a much bigger hit than the small amount on here.
Onwards and upperds though as they say.
GL tomorrow.

Syston

Bumped into a few of the lads in the ground and they said they were in a pub near Doncaster and the bar maid gave them a tip.

She told them that she had a tip for them Credit Swap in the Camebridgeshire at Newmarket today. As they were all pissed having been in Donny since 10 O'Clock the whole mini bus had a fiver each win on it at 18/1.

redspark - 2/10/2010 21:41

Syston

Bumped into a few of the lads in the ground and they said they were in a pub near Doncaster and the bar maid gave them a tip.

She told them that she had a tip for them Credit Swap in the Camebridgeshire at Newmarket today. As they were all pissed having been in Donny since 10 O'Clock the whole mini bus had a fiver each win on it at 18/1.

Thanks RS,
Will look closely at that.
Roll on the jumpers,Not long now.

Syston

It ran yesterday and won 14/1

I didn't get on as they told me at the game.

The bus won a wheelbarrow full of it.

A big bunch of flowers is on route to the bar maid.

Great stuff,Pleased for them.
Yesterday was the last bowls match of the season and i dont bet horses while i am due to play as it is a distraction.
Will be having the time now and hope to find some soft ground performers.

P/L=+ £2.35.

Irish P.L.

Bohemians V Shamrock Rov.Back under 3.5 gls @ 1.31. £10 stake.
Result.1-0.BET WON. +£3.02.
P/L= +£5.37.

A little luck with a bet last night in Italy,Found a game between two teams that have difficulty scoring and placed this type of bet.
Missed the start and joined in on a stream after 16 mins as the THIRD goal went in.
It was clear immediately that the conditions were going to create a lottery of a game due to heavy rain and flooding of the pitch.
Only thing to do was hope for abandonment as this game would never have lasted beyond HT here.
Thankfully they never appeared for the second half and all stakes were returned.

Wont be anything doing until maybe the Wycombe game Saturday,Unless there is a decent horse.
I hate the international borefests.
Was hoping to find a few winners to finance Leicester away but have since seen their prices.
Another occasion where i will refuse to go there on principle,Shame as my 15 y old wanted to treat me as early xmas present.
Local away game for us too.

Walsall V Exeter. Under 2.5gls.
Burton V Wycombe. Under 2.5.

£3 Double to win £7.53.BET LOST £3
P/L=£2.37.

FFS! you'd think i'd learnt my lesson last week when i didn't get my bet on in time and missed a 20/1 winner but i've done it AGAIN ! had all my bets highlighted in the paper and the pc on ready to put the bets on when my son asks me to fill in his football signing on form , i needed to find 2 passport size photos for it and in doing so forgot that it was rapidly approaching 2.15 and my first race , anyhow i find the photos get back to the pc and see it's 2.13 and yep i fail to get my bets on in time for the first race and Gunner Lindley duly obliges at 8/1 ! unbelievable and i just know i won't find another winner out of my other picks . i feel sick . for the record i've got 2.30 Pabusar ,3.05 Huntdown , 3.40 Icon Dream at Ascot and 2.45 Descaro , 3.20 Barefoot Lady , 3.55 Fathsta at York...............and just watched my next pick Pabusar run like Mckenna !

orbitalforest - 9/10/2010 14:33

FFS! you'd think i'd learnt my lesson last week when i didn't get my bet on in time and missed a 20/1 winner but i've done it AGAIN ! had all my bets highlighted in the paper and the pc on ready to put the bets on when my son asks me to fill in his football signing on form , i needed to find 2 passport size photos for it and in doing so forgot that it was rapidly approaching 2.15 and my first race , anyhow i find the photos get back to the pc and see it's 2.13 and yep i fail to get my bets on in time for the first race and Gunner Lindley duly obliges at 8/1 ! unbelievable and i just know i won't find another winner out of my other picks . i feel sick . for the record i've got 2.30 Pabusar ,3.05 Huntdown , 3.40 Icon Dream at Ascot and 2.45 Descaro , 3.20 Barefoot Lady , 3.55 Fathsta at York...............and just watched my next pick Pabusar run like Mckenna !
well it was looking bleak until i had a touch in the last when Fathsta went in at 16/1 !

Good news on Fathsta Orbital,Ran a fine race and well done.
Not much of interest football wise this afternoon so had a look at the jumpers.
In October it has been profitable the past 5 years to look closely at all runners trained by W. (Ken) Goldsworthy and Emma Lavelle.
Goldsworthy over this period has 10 wins from 29 runs for a profit of £93.72 to a £1 stake,This is despite a glut of placed horses at long prices at this time last year.
Exciting trainer to follow as he is often overlooked as he is so low profile.
Emma Lavelle has a profit of £35.39 over this period with 18 wins from 79 runs.
Had 3/3 place bets today and these trainers supplied two winners,would have been a lot more profitable backing to win but this is always the way to start the jumps season without losing runs imo.

SYSTON RED - 9/10/2010 19:10

Good news on Fathsta Orbital,Ran a fine race and well done.
Not much of interest football wise this afternoon so had a look at the jumpers.
In October it has been profitable the past 5 years to look closely at all runners trained by W. (Ken) Goldsworthy and Emma Lavelle.
Goldsworthy over this period has 10 wins from 29 runs for a profit of £93.72 to a £1 stake,This is despite a glut of placed horses at long prices at this time last year.
Exciting trainer to follow as he is often overlooked as he is so low profile.
Emma Lavelle has a profit of £35.39 over this period with 18 wins from 79 runs.
Had 3/3 place bets today and these trainers supplied two winners,would have been a lot more profitable backing to win but this is always the way to start the jumps season without losing runs imo.
i normally only bet on the flat syston but i'll be keeping an eye out for horses trained by these two , nice one :35:

Syston

Foooook knows what you are on about half the time. Can I just send some money via Pay Pal and bet on your system ?

just had £50 on forest to get under 69.5 points at 10/11 ...sorry guys but can't see us getting that many . also fancy Dream Ahead to pip Frankel tomorrow in the Dewhurst (should be some race!) so had £10 at 3/1.

orbitalforest - 16/10/2010 00:24

just had £50 on forest to get under 69.5 points at 10/11 ...sorry guys but can't see us getting that many . also fancy Dream Ahead to pip Frankel tomorrow in the Dewhurst (should be some race!) so had £10 at 3/1.

Just finished watching an Argie game,Read your post and tempted to join in Orbital.
Only thing holding me back is A OBriens horse,AOB won with a 25/1 shot last year (criminal price for that stable) and am worried about a similar unexposed type here.
Will leave this one and cheer yours on as he is rated 5lb better than the favourite.
Bare form (and course form,essential imho) suggest yours wins at a value price as long as he holds a straight line under pressure.
Hopefully he wont meet any pressure. :14:

SYSTON RED - 16/10/2010 03:36

orbitalforest - 16/10/2010 00:24

Just finished watching an Argie game,Read your post and tempted to join in Orbital.
Only thing holding me back is A OBriens horse,AOB won with a 25/1 shot last year (criminal price for that stable) and am worried about a similar unexposed type here.
Will leave this one and cheer yours on as he is rated 5lb better than the favourite.
Bare form (and course form,essential imho) suggest yours wins at a value price as long as he holds a straight line under pressure.
Hopefully he wont meet any pressure. :14:
howdo syston ? actually i think Beethoven went off at 33/1 last year which is an incredible price for one of his . had four bets today 1.50 Delegator, 2.25 Dream Ahead ,3.00 Vision D'etat, 3.40 Sentry Duty .

football acca today : Barnsley, Palace, Portsmouth,Charlton, Huddersfield,Nott's , Oldham .

Orbital,
Followed you in on Dream Ahead as he has more in his favour than the odds-on fav.
Backed to win but Betfair is slightly less than 3/1 and had a safe place bet for the purpose of the thread.
Will check on the rest of the runners after sorting a list of todays betting-in-play footy matches.

Dream Ahead, Newm 16th Oct - 14:25 To Be Placed

£5.18 @ 1.62 for a profit of £3.00.

Bet Lost= -£5.18.
P/L +£3.64.