The Punters Thread. | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Punters Thread.

SYSTON RED - 16/10/2010 14:02

Orbital,
Followed you in on Dream Ahead as he has more in his favour than the odds-on fav.
Backed to win but Betfair is slightly less than 3/1 and had a safe place bet for the purpose of the thread.
Will check on the rest of the runners after sorting a list of todays betting-in-play footy matches.

Dream Ahead, Newm 16th Oct - 14:25 To Be Placed

£5.18 @ 1.62 for a profit of £3.00.
never looked like winning , disappointing . Frankel looks some horse though to be fair.

Bundesliga.

Werder Bremen V Freiburg.

Back over 2.5 goals @ 1.47.£8.60 for £3.92 profit.

Bet Won 2-1 =£3.92.

P/L=£7.56.

Bet Status: The following bets have been successfully placed.
2 Selections Chosen
1 Galatasaray v Ankaragucu (Backing Galatasaray @ 1.49)
2 Panathinaikos v Paok (Backing Panathinaikos @ 1.76) Won 1-0.
Doubles
Selections Odds Stake Potential win
1 and 2. 2.63 £5.00 £8.15
Total Backer's Stake: £5.00
Your total potential win: £8.15

BET LOST.-£5.00
P/L=+£2.56.

Just looking at the money traded on the Man Utd game.
£560,000 LOST @ 10p in the pound down to and including 1p in the pound.
£240,000 of that was lost attempting a profit of 2p in the pound.
Amazing,
For all of these losers there are the same amount of winners,People that are prepared to bet on the unlikely result for minimum stakes.
Of course this can only be done on the exchanges in-play.
Hats off to the winners.

orbitalforest - 16/10/2010 00:24

just had £50 on forest to get under 69.5 points at 10/11 ...sorry guys but can't see us getting that many . also fancy Dream Ahead to pip Frankel tomorrow in the Dewhurst (should be some race!) so had £10 at 3/1.
i'll tell you what i wish i'd had £500 on us to get under 69.5 points as we'll never get that many . i can't find the bet on the vc website or i'd have some more if that price was still available.

orbitalforest - 16/10/2010 21:54

orbitalforest - 16/10/2010 00:24

just had £50 on forest to get under 69.5 points at 10/11 ...sorry guys but can't see us getting that many . also fancy Dream Ahead to pip Frankel tomorrow in the Dewhurst (should be some race!) so had £10 at 3/1.
i'll tell you what i wish i'd had £500 on us to get under 69.5 points as we'll never get that many . i can't find the bet on the vc website or i'd have some more if that price was still available.

Got to agree with you of course,Think we are suffering up top without Earnie and no hope of strengthening the team.
:23:

£5 Valencia @2.12 BF (6/5)
Even with home advantage i would not expect Rangers to collect anything here.

Thought occurred to me earlier.
Is Wayne Rooney the first ***** to ask to be moved on ?. :3:

Lost £5 on the win bet,
As soon as Rangers scored they went odds-on and still did not think they would hold on,So placed £7 that they woudnt,(LAY).
£1.90 profit but a £5 loss for thread purpose.

Hats off to Gers as they surprised more than me tonight as the BF forums were all over Valencia too. :14:

BET LOST.-£5.00
P/L=--£2.44. Into the red again.

Good luck with that redspark.
Meggo must be worth a punt.

On a similar line,
Rijkaard was backed from 25/1 > 9/4 for the liverpool job on news he had quit in Turkey.
Mind you with Skybet a £20 punt would do that,well almost.

SYSTON RED - 20/10/2010 17:13

Good luck with that redspark.
Meggo must be worth a punt.

On a similar line,
Rijkaard was backed from 25/1 > 9/4 for the liverpool job on news he had quit in Turkey.
Mind you with Skybet a £20 punt would do that,well almost.
syston that reminds me of a time i went to swaffham dogs ( only a small venue) and me & my mate had a tenner each on a s/f for the first & second favourite on the tote , anyway it came in but we would have got more just backing the favourite with a trackside bookie as our feeble bets had shortened the tote price up ! i couldn't believe it . also on the same night we asked a local dog trainer we know quite well if his dog had a squeak in the next race to which he replied it isn't fit so no chance .....yep it duly went in at 12/1 and we saw the trainer collecting a huge bundle shortly afterwards ......bastard! :19:

Great stuff Orbital,
Owned one myself in Ireland late 70s and could not get a trainer when i bought her due to Xmas approaching.
Every morning before work and same in evening gave her a 4 mile walk with a few chases in the fields at weekends.
Well bred from my uncles bitch (coursing champion) the plan was to win a couple of races and she would be a moneyspinner with offspring.
Took her to her first race and everyone was peed off as i had to genuinly answer "dont know" to the "will she run close" questions.
Told everyone i would not back her myself and felt a mixture of sadness/relief as she lost a long held lead to be beaten in a photo due to lack of experience,Winner won again following night.
Trainer i had been hounding asked me if he could take her there and then and suggested i save as much as possible for a bet next time.
Three weeks later and she has her final spin in a five dog trial before the big night,Inexplicably came out of the traps last for the first time ever and had a go at all the other dogs as she passed them.
Trainer broke the news that you could not race a dog like that as she would be banned from every track in Ireland.
So she became a farmers hunting dog and i came to live in Leicester and first visit to the dog track watch 2 winners keep the race after fighting along the way.Jammy bastards. :26:

SYSTON RED - 20/10/2010 22:18

Great stuff Orbital,
Owned one myself in Ireland late 70s and could not get a trainer when i bought her due to Xmas approaching.
Every morning before work and same in evening gave her a 4 mile walk with a few chases in the fields at weekends.
Well bred from my uncles bitch (coursing champion) the plan was to win a couple of races and she would be a moneyspinner with offspring.
Took her to her first race and everyone was peed off as i had to genuinly answer "dont know" to the "will she run close" questions.
Told everyone i would not back her myself and felt a mixture of sadness/relief as she lost a long held lead to be beaten in a photo due to lack of experience.
Trainer i had been hounding asked me if he could take her there and then and suggested i save as much as possible for a bet next time.
Three weeks later and she has her final spin in a five dog trial before the big night,Inexplicably came out of the traps last for the first time ever and had a go at all the other dogs as she passed them.
Trainer broke the news that you could not race a dog like that as she would be banned from every track in Ireland.
So she became a farmers hunting dog and i came to live in Leicester and first visit to the dog track watch 2 winners keep the race after fighting along the way.Jammy bastards.
:19: bloody typical ! for some reason i had visions of you training your dog like steptoe & son ! did you ever see that one when they train it but it need to wear glasses as it can't see fook all ? when it goes to the track their dog hercules the second was miles clear on the final bend only to smell the ol' boys baccy and jumped into the crowd to eat his fags ! :19: different class!

I'v got few on this weekend.

few good once but dont have bet on me,in jacket at moment.

chelsea
cardiff
charlton
chesterfield
1 on wins just over 15.

derby
qpr
posh
torquay
1 on wins nearly 14

man utd
scunny
bournemouth
port vale
afc wimbledon

i'v got 1 on wins around 15 i think.

got few both to score aswell.

Fixtures 30 October / Heracles v Ajax / Over/Under 2.5 goals Under 2.5 Goals Lay 12595312317 30-Oct-10
17:00 2.72 4.22 2.72 30-Oct-10 17:00

Fixtures 30 October / Schalke v Leverkusen / Over/Under 2.5 goals Under 2.5 Goals Lay 12591292396 30-Oct-10
14:07 1.97 4.22 1.97 30-Oct-10 14:07

Fixtures 30 October / Heracles v Ajax / Correct Score 2 - 3 Back 12591008914 30-Oct-10
13:53 25 2.00 25 30-Oct-10 13:53

Heres hoping for three goals in the Ajax and Schalke games.
Backed 2-3 in Ajax game and will trade out for profit if three go in before the hour.
Excuse the account jargon as it saves a bit of typing.

Betfair punter offered odds of 189/1 on Barca beating Madrid 5-0 tonight.
Someone stuck him for £16.
Wow,Just before Xmas too.
Reminded me of the punter who offered 999/1 on a 14/1 shot at Southwell two years ago few days before Xmas.
Another punter stuck him for £27 despite the horse being tailed off at the final turn only to run right past the field to win by a sh/hd.
:10:

Think you are on the winner there orb.
Shocking buisness and a shocking chairman.
Ironic if Jol is the man after the way spuds got rid of him.
Barcelona now as short as 12/5 Betfair to win Champions league,Still a good bet as everyone behind them in the betting could not live with them at the moment.