The Punters Thread. | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Punters Thread.

From Leeds Vital website

Leeds remain amongst the favourites for promotion from the championship.

With an imminent takeover in the pipeline, reportedly from the Middle East and the promise of cash to spend for manager Neil Warnock, are you tempted to take the plunge on Leeds making a return to the Premier League by next May?

So far, Warnock has brought in just three players, whilst Adam Clayton, Aidy White, Ross McCormack and possibly Robert Snodgrass could leave this summer.

Leeds are generally around 12/1 fourth favourites for the championship with most bookmakers.

12/1 is the longest price currently available on Leeds but William Hill and SkyBet have Leeds as short as 8/1.

32Red have Leeds at 19/2, BetDaq 97/10, Bet365 10/1 and betfair 21/2.

Boylesports, sportingbet, Paddy Powe, bwin, Ladbrokes and Coral all have Leeds at 11/1.

12/1 can be found at totesport, BETFRED, BetVictor, BlueSq, Stan James, 888, bodog and 188bet. All are paying ¼ odds first three.

Last season`s pre-season favourites Leicester City once again head the market and they are between 5/1 and 7/1.

Relegated Wolves and Bolton are next in the market and are generally between 7/1 and 9/1.

Barnsley, Peterborough and Bristol City are amongst favourites for relegation.

For all the odds go to Oddschecker.com.

Makes you laugh doesn't it?

Lay Leicester at the short odds (betfair) is the best play imo.
Once TO is done we will have an idea of our transfer targets and maybe look at the odds for us, with a view to lay when the odds shorten.

As someone who worked in the industry for a few years I shouldn't be surprised by betting patterns - but the 2 TV votes yesterday made for some odd sequences of odds available.
Both SPOTY & X Factor saw some wildly fluctuating betting markets.
McIlroy was backed as though defeat was unthinkable & was as short as 18 to 1 on just before the announcement was made.
X Factor betting was just weird - with the odds on Fleur & Ben flip flopping several times over the last 48 hours with first one & then the other enjoying strong favouritism ( Fleur as short as 1/3 at one stage ).

orbitalforest - 26/7/2016 21:19

10/1 still available on us to get relegated .
At least it'll go towards a nice holiday when it happens.
Off to France this year then chap?

evens to beat millwall , first game o the season at home (tho of course may be postponed)

if it is our first game that looks as tho we can pay for the season right there

as i mentioned weeks ago, even money today versus a promoted team with a club that is a different oneto the one we saw last season.... im lumping on, maximum bet.

you reds!

i couldnt resist it. i backed Kane for the golden boot at 10s and england at 15/1. not a heart bet, well, of course its a heart bet but i just fancy us to do well.

Palace and Everton to draw - 12/5

Millwall and Stoke to draw - 2/1

Fulham to beat Cardiff - 13/10

Hull to beat Swansea - 6/1

Ipswich and draw (double chance) - 9/2

Bournemouth 1 - 2 Spurs - 8/1

Palace to beat Cardiff - 17/10

Newcastle and Liverpool to draw - 4/1