The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

Meaningless was possibly the wrong word, maybe irrelevant is a better one. Irrelevant as we will have 6 players starting at Wembley (incl. Mount, Wilson and Lawrence) who were injured for that 4-0 thrashing you gave us. Totally agree about that goal. Brilliant. Even when it's against you, you have to admire good football.

My nephew, who will be at Wembley too, is a Villa fan and echoes the views on this forum. I have, however, read elsewhere on the net (FB to name but one source) where the tone is more "just turn up and we win".

Let the game begin.

I think they probably mean if we play to our best and Derby play at their best Villa will win. Most neutrals think the same to be fair .
Facebook is not exactly full of real fans is it , it's full of keyboard warriors which we don't get on here because they are banned within minutes of landing .

Fulham were better than us last season and also in the final where we bottled it due to a negative manager . Deano will go for it

Meaningless was possibly the wrong word, maybe irrelevant is a better one. Irrelevant as we will have 6 players starting at Wembley (incl. Mount, Wilson and Lawrence) who were injured for that 4-0 thrashing you gave us. Totally agree about that goal. Brilliant. Even when it's against you, you have to admire good football.

My nephew, who will be at Wembley too, is a Villa fan and echoes the views on this forum. I have, however, read elsewhere on the net (FB to name but one source) where the tone is more "just turn up and we win".

Let the game begin.

Irrelevant!!!!.
Even worse . Lol.

Lesson there though for you. Don't go anywhere else on the net for villa opinion. You will get the best, most informed, considered and downright interesting opinions on here.
Just don't mention the song 'Don't look back in anger '

Let the game begin.
LAMPARD OUT

So many clueless media pundits or more appropriately muppets tipping Derby............Thanks, guys.

Last edited:
It is a one-off game and anything can happen. There are not many final matches where the outcome is highly predictable like the recent rout by Citeh and sometimes it is the occasion of the day that can decide the result and sometimes teams can freeze. Or it comes down to the lucky break or a player mistake - look at the result for SMA against the Gooners where a goalkeeping mix up that won it for them.
I am just hoping for a good game of football where the best team wins on merit. Form and bookies odds count for nothing in games like this.
Having said all this, I will still be wearing my lucky shirt ???

On our day we are easily the best team in the league.
However a final has a habit of levelling things out, a bit like a local derby.
It won’t be a walkover for either team but I see us winning in extra time 3-1.

This is really dragging on now. So pleased I am travelling up to Brum to get the train, because I need to get on the road tomorrow and at least it will feel like the the big day out has started. As for the result I really dont know, you can make a case for either team. Says a lot for the Championship really that the teams that finished fifth and sixth are attracting so much attention. Please Villa do it for us.