The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

This is really weird because yesterday whilst wasting away the day I was messing about with a stupid spinner type thingy and decided to use it as a score predictor, and the score, which I immediatley discounted was ,
4-2. So maybe not so stupid after all.

Hello,
Tobias here from Germany!
I am a big Villa Fan but no chance to get a Ticket from official Site :(
I have booked Flights and a Hotel but I need a Ticket!!
Is there still anybody how has 1 Ticket anywhere for selling?
It would be nice if I could go to this epic Final and I could support my Villa!!
Please send me an Message if you will sell 1 Ticket!
Greats from Germany
Tobiad

Does anyone think McGinn could do a job wide right?

Get our best 11 on the pitch?

I think not. McGinn would naturally come inside onto his left foot, leading us to play narrower. Against a team that are rather weak on crosses.

I just think Green or Adomah playing and Whelan / Hourihane missing out weakens us.

Can`t see Green or Adomah being good enough - hope i am wrong though.

I think Whelan has to play with that Derby midfield.

Fellow Villains - I posted this in another thread, but wanted to see if anyone had friends/family who can no longer make it to the Final and have an extra ticket I can buy from them. I booked my flight and hotel from the states in the minutes following Tammy's penalty, as my mate there told me his family would get me a ticket like they did last year. Unfortunately, he told me this week that his dad "went the corporate route" and they don't have a ticket for me now. I'm going to be going to London for the 26 hours regardless (as I'm unable to cancel the flight/hotel), so if anyone you know can't make it for whatever reason, I'd appreciate a shout and will happily pay them double the ticket price (or whatever they ask within reason). No matter how late notice, post here or send me a DM if you know of a ticket coming available. Cheers, UTV

Hi - Colin here from Cheshire. If anybody has a spare ticket ignore these n'er do wells from Germany and the US and let me have it! :grinning:

I haven't paid for my Now! access yet so I have nothing to lose and I'm a really nice guy. I'll also show you a picture of my cousin Paul Tait in a Villa kit when he was a kid. I think that should clinch it.

Oh and money. I will not insult your integrity by offering more than face value either.

Last edited:
Hi - Colin here from Cheshire. If anybody has a spare ticket ignore these n'er do wells from Germany and the US and let me have it! :grinning:

I haven't paid for my Now! access yet so I have nothing to lose and I'm a really nice guy. I'll also show you a picture of my cousin Paul Tait in a Villa kit when he was a kid. I think that should clinch it.

Oh and money. I will not insult your integrity by offering more than face value either.
Paul Birch you say :hmmm:

Afternoon Villans. You've done us twice this season. Will you get the hattrick? The bookies seem to think so with you at 5/4 and us at 5/2.

You seem to be going into this as favourites and justifiably so based on the 2 games earlier this season. At Pride Park we were still a new, young side getting to grips with Lampard's new style and the influx of new players too. You were brilliant 2nd half. At yours we were missing half a dozen players and paid for it, again you were the better side. Over the past weeks we have beaten Bristol, WBA and Leeds to get to where we are. Leeds were also favourites to win. At Elland Road we played a different system to the one they were sued to us playing and they had difficulty coping with it.

A lot of the comments on here about playing this player or that player are, IMO, based on what you have seen of us earlier in the season. We haven't been playing that system of late and the half a dozen players we were missing are all back. Mount, Lawrence, Wilson, Waghorn, Bogle, Johnson are all back fit. Roos has deposed Carson between the posts. That 4-0 game is meaningless. It won't be anything like the same team in white shirts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we are going to walk it, far from it, but we are not as much of a walkover Villa fans seem to think we will be.

This game is definitely on. Remember what we did at Elland Road. Play with the first XI again and with the same pride and passion and this will be every bit as good a game as the semi final 2nd leg was. It's all up in the air IMO.

What is the key? Grealish. If he turns up you have the upper hand. However, I remember decades ago, whenever we played against Best or Ball, Brian Clough used to sacrifice one of our creative players, John McGovern with the instructions not to worry about the ball, if you get give it a teammate asap, Your job today is to stand a yard and a half off Best/Ball in a direct line between him and the ball. The pair of them hardly had a kick when we played them. Stop Grealish and I think we stop Villa. The same is true of Mount and us. I just hope neither of them is kicked out of the game.

It's all to play for. May the best team on the day win.

Safe journey both ways for all travelling.

PS - I will be at Wembley. Look out for the BENELUX RAMS flag. I won't be far away.

Afternoon Villans. You've done us twice this season. Will you get the hattrick? The bookies seem to think so with you at 5/4 and us at 5/2.

You seem to be going into this as favourites and justifiably so based on the 2 games earlier this season. At Pride Park we were still a new, young side getting to grips with Lampard's new style and the influx of new players too. You were brilliant 2nd half. At yours we were missing half a dozen players and paid for it, again you were the better side. Over the past weeks we have beaten Bristol, WBA and Leeds to get to where we are. Leeds were also favourites to win. At Elland Road we played a different system to the one they were sued to us playing and they had difficulty coping with it.

A lot of the comments on here about playing this player or that player are, IMO, based on what you have seen of us earlier in the season. We haven't been playing that system of late and the half a dozen players we were missing are all back. Mount, Lawrence, Wilson, Waghorn, Bogle, Johnson are all back fit. Roos has deposed Carson between the posts. That 4-0 game is meaningless. It won't be anything like the same team in white shirts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we are going to walk it, far from it, but we are not as much of a walkover Villa fans seem to think we will be.

This game is definitely on. Remember what we did at Elland Road. Play with the first XI again and with the same pride and passion and this will be every bit as good a game as the semi final 2nd leg was. It's all up in the air IMO.

What is the key? Grealish. If he turns up you have the upper hand. However, I remember decades ago, whenever we played against Best or Ball, Brian Clough used to sacrifice one of our creative players, John McGovern with the instructions not to worry about the ball, if you get give it a teammate asap, Your job today is to stand a yard and a half off Best/Ball in a direct line between him and the ball. The pair of them hardly had a kick when we played them. Stop Grealish and I think we stop Villa. The same is true of Mount and us. I just hope neither of them is kicked out of the game.

It's all to play for. May the best team on the day win.

Safe journey both ways for all travelling.

PS - I will be at Wembley. Look out for the BENELUX RAMS flag. I won't be far away.

I don't think many of us think it is a walkover at all. Tough game this , and really it's down to who performs under pressure on the day.

We didn't last year and paid the price. We will be more positive this year though and I can see it being quite an open game.

Like you say. May the best team on the day win.