The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

the one doing the rounds at the time of Randy were 100% not genuine. From the horses mouth, well, from his, he didn't want to join the corners and make Villa Park the same as all places, he liked the traditional nature of the place.
Yes I hate that so many of the new grounds look the same. Soulless bowls.
100% agree - bowls are boring. I've also heard/read that filling in the corners has a negative effect on airflow and can cause the grass growth to be problematic. I believe that's why they had to raise the pitch at Old Trafford by about three feet, causing that nasty steep slope at the sides.
For Villa Park to fill in the ends, surely they'd need to completely rebuild both the North Stand and the Witton Lane to match the Trinity Road, otherwise it would have some very odd-looking sections where the existing stands meet....

Seen this knocking around social media since the club statement... I'd be happy with this.

View attachment 47441

I don’t follow this thread all that often so catching up, but that would be perfect. The North Stand needs to go, and the seats in the Witton are too narrow. VP is a wonderful stadium but will need to evolve over time. Three stands in a bowl which join a free standing Holte mean we have a wonderful and unique stadium

The Doug Ellis would need a rebuild as well. However the space behind has always prevented this. If you spend enough money i suppose it might be achivable?

I don’t follow this thread all that often so catching up, but that would be perfect. The North Stand needs to go, and the seats in the Witton are too narrow. VP is a wonderful stadium but will need to evolve over time. Three stands in a bowl which join a free standing Holte mean we have a wonderful and unique stadium

Agree about the North Stand it feels like an after thought now. These days it could probably be renovated relatively "cheaply" and quickly. So many of these stadiums have been knocked up now I'm sure the process would not be as bad as it used to be.

I think you could redevelop the North stand and wrap it round the corners and job done for now. 4 unique individual stands is better than a 3 sided bowl

What is this thing you call the North Stand? Isn't it called the New Stand? (Which is what I still call it.... showing my age).

Showing your age is when you talk about standing under the alphabet half time score board down there lol.

That's exactly where it all started for me. Dad kept me away from The Holte, for obvious reasons. No stand, just a hill and a wee fence at the front, guys selling refreshments at half time. Andy Lochhead, Chico, and jumpers for goal posts.

This belongs in Memory Lane, but aren't our owners doing great.

I remember when the North stand actually was the new stand (brand new) sitting up there upper tier in 1978 before they'd put sides on it was like a wind tunnel up there

When they were building the North Stand and things on the pitch got a bit quiet I remember the Holte chanting for the workmen.
Another trip down memory lane.
I’ve spent a few years on the N.S. At first there was more atmosphere on the moon but it’s picked up a lot since then.
Our owners are doing a great job. My nephew in Denver was singing Eden’s praises when I told him Wes is one of our owners. He’s seen as one of the good guys in America.