The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

Wasn't really sure where to post this exactly but. Just watched the Milwaukee Bucks progress to the next round in the NBA Playoff Finals in a tight series against a good team!

I've become a big fan, picked them purely because of Wes Edens. Got quite into the BBall during some time spent in Canada.

From what I can tell, quite the job he and his business partner there have done.

Would love Bucks to win the whole thing, I guess they have a chance.
Hopefully a sign of the type of continuing success Wes can help bring to us along with Nassef!

Wasn't really sure where to post this exactly but. Just watched the Milwaukee Bucks progress to the next round in the NBA Playoff Finals in a tight series against a good team!

I've become a big fan, picked them purely because of Wes Edens. Got quite into the BBall during some time spent in Canada.

From what I can tell, quite the job he and his business partner there have done.

Would love Bucks to win the whole thing, I guess they have a chance.
Hopefully a sign of the type of continuing success Wes can help bring to us along with Nassef!
Whatever takes your fancy, but I don't like it, and as for American Football yuk. It get me they call it word series 😳 l like what you say about Wes, long may it continue, as Buz Lightyear would say, "to infinity and beyond ".
Can you tell I'm bored?

Whatever takes your fancy, but I don't like it, and as for American Football yuk. It get me they call it word series 😳 l like what you say about Wes, long may it continue, as Buz Lightyear would say, "to infinity and beyond ".
Can you tell I'm bored?
Tbf to the Yanks, the World series was named because,one assumes, a newspaper provided sponsorship.

Tbf to the Yanks, the World series was named because,one assumes, a newspaper provided sponsorship.
Nah, pure arrogance mate.... :cowboy: The Super Bowl winners always refer to themselves as World Champions too. Does my head in. Even after nearly 30 years over here I still get into some lively "discussion" with the natives on the subject of them referring to themselves as World Champions in sports leagues that are almost exclusively played in one country, and wouldn't allow foreign teams to participate even if they wanted to.....

Wes Edens group are the ones in the £6.3b takeover of Morrisons

LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) - Morrisons (MRW.L) has agreed to a takeover led by SoftBank (9984.T) owned Fortress Investment Group that values Britain's fourth-largest supermarket chain at 6.3 billion pounds ($8.7 billion) and tops a rival offer from a U.S. private equity firm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortress_Investment_Group

Wes Edens was one of five principal partners who founded Fortress Investments in 1998. Edens investment style was described in a 2007 The Wall Street Journal article as one based on "contrarian bets, creative financing and a knack for building business from investments."[12] Fortress became the first publicly traded buyout firm on February 9, 2007 with Edens and his partners taking the company public through its initial public offering.[13][14]

By 2007 Fortress assets under management included both private equity and publicly traded alternative investment vehicles — fourteen private equity funds, four hedge funds, and two real estate vehicles, and went public. When the Japanese financial holding company, Nomura Holdings acquired 15% of Fortress for $888 million in December 2006 with proceeds going to the five principals, Edens and his partners became paper billionaires.[15][16] Edens became Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors at Fortress in 2009,[17] and helped the company, which saw its stock price fall to below one dollar after the subprime mortgage crisis,[18] resurge by offering subprime lending.[18] He served as Chairman of Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure Investors LLC from 2015 to May, 2016.

Wes Edens group are the ones in the £6.3b takeover of Morrisons

LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) - Morrisons (MRW.L) has agreed to a takeover led by SoftBank (9984.T) owned Fortress Investment Group that values Britain's fourth-largest supermarket chain at 6.3 billion pounds ($8.7 billion) and tops a rival offer from a U.S. private equity firm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortress_Investment_Group

Wes Edens was one of five principal partners who founded Fortress Investments in 1998. Edens investment style was described in a 2007 The Wall Street Journal article as one based on "contrarian bets, creative financing and a knack for building business from investments."[12] Fortress became the first publicly traded buyout firm on February 9, 2007 with Edens and his partners taking the company public through its initial public offering.[13][14]

By 2007 Fortress assets under management included both private equity and publicly traded alternative investment vehicles — fourteen private equity funds, four hedge funds, and two real estate vehicles, and went public. When the Japanese financial holding company, Nomura Holdings acquired 15% of Fortress for $888 million in December 2006 with proceeds going to the five principals, Edens and his partners became paper billionaires.[15][16] Edens became Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors at Fortress in 2009,[17] and helped the company, which saw its stock price fall to below one dollar after the subprime mortgage crisis,[18] resurge by offering subprime lending.[18] He served as Chairman of Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure Investors LLC from 2015 to May, 2016.
Nickel and dime geezers 🤣😂

There could be a very lucrative advertising deal with the Villa. Could bring in millions of pounds a year. Morrisons every where you look at VP people handing out money off shopping vouchers as we enter the ground. Could be very beneficial to both parties.

Just think, in the future, you could be getting points on your Morrisons 'More' card when you buy your season ticket etc etc.