The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

Tell you what, when I did that kit video a few years back, I was shocked how crap the gym was, some of my equipment WAS better back then, which was ridiculous (obviously!)

This looks more like it. Well done Villa :clap:

Tell you what, when I did that kit video a few years back, I was shocked how crap the gym was, some of my equipment WAS better back then, which was ridiculous (obviously!)

I remember a succession of managers in the 90's, notably Ron Atkinson and John Gregory who bemoaned the quality of the facilities. When Lerner came in he did upgrade, but then no subsequent upgrades for 15 years.
The visit to Minnesota two years ago was the inspiration/wake-up-call when the team got to use the Vikings facilities while they were in town....

I had seen images of the players on bikes and weights, and they looked pretty shite. It did surprise me given one weeks wages of a top player could have transformed all that.

Looks great and as you say, is a big deal when it comes to signing players.

Also great to see Bert doing some upper body workouts.

Spotted Small Heath's training ground in Tilton Rd. It was two coats for goals at one end and a Goal chalked on a brick wall at other end. They must have nicked the coats as last year there was only the brick wall.

I remember a succession of managers in the 90's, notably Ron Atkinson and John Gregory who bemoaned the quality of the facilities. When Lerner came in he did upgrade, but then no subsequent upgrades for 15 years.
The visit to Minnesota two years ago was the inspiration/wake-up-call when the team got to use the Vikings facilities while they were in town....

It was embarrassing GM, Bodymoor even had portacabins for changing. Doug promised re-developments, never did them, one AGM he said the money had been ring-fenced the next AGM the money was 'gone' and no accountability.

Randy did a great job on most of it, even the replica pitch etc, but the gym was pathetic really!

Mings and Konsa doing dead-lifts and body-weight pull-ups, while Bert was using a resistance band.... :lol:

Ha.

Don't disrespect resistance bands, they might look easy, trust me, they (if used right) aren't !!!!!!!!!!!!! :grinning:

Deadlifts are better to pose to though! lol

It was embarrassing GM, Bodymoor even had portacabins for changing. Doug promised re-developments, never did them, one AGM he said the money had been ring-fenced the next AGM the money was 'gone' and no accountability.

Randy did a great job on most of it, even the replica pitch etc, but the gym was pathetic really!
Not only is it a big part of getting players fitter and stronger, but it's a huge recruitment tool. Any player worth his salt is going to see the training facilities and be impressed (or not). When I was recruiting for college players here in the US a visit to the gym and meeting the strength and conditioning coaches was always part of the sell.....

Not only is it a big part of getting players fitter and stronger, but it's a huge recruitment tool. Any player worth his salt is going to see the training facilities and be impressed (or not). When I was recruiting for college players here in the US a visit to the gym and meeting the strength and conditioning coaches was always part of the sell.....
A bit like me, I am attracted to a place with a good air con, canteen and car parking facilities!