The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

All clubs have got themselves to blame for this ridiculous situation. 97% of turnover, dear god.

They could have curtailed this years ago jointly, instead, it is like a race to see who goes bust first

(not a comment re our current owners, just football in general)

NSWE have spent a fair bit on us then if we are still debt-free with £548m accumulated losses... :oops:

Anything from Keiran Maguire I take with a pinch of salt.

Accumulated losses since 2006 £548m
Losses since 2006???? That's history.

Also, the revenue v wages bit doesn't take into account that £36million revenue didn't appear in last year's figures and that Covid hit revenue on top of that.

Anything from Keiran Maguire I take with a pinch of salt.

Accumulated losses since 2006 £548m
Losses since 2006???? That's history.

Also, the revenue v wages bit doesn't take into account that £36million revenue didn't appear in last year's figures and that Covid hit revenue on top of that.

yes I was just thinking what the feck has 2006 got to do with now that was back when that nasty little barsteward Mon was trying his best to bankrupt us

97% is worrying but as McP says, there are heavy caveats to that - not least our position last season of not actually selling anyone to aid turnover as they all left on freebies (the one month lue for free agents would also boost the wage figures on that front).

As would I guess the good Tweeter's £30m failure.

Accumulated losses since 2006 is a headline. RL underwrote our losses with equity so they disappear, the good Tweeter I doubt did, but NSWE are as well - so that's irrelevant for me.

As JF says though, it ably demonstrates the stupid position football has got itself into and how much the PL is at the beck and call of the broadcasters - which we've talked about for years on here.

I just don't see the point of having one stand separate to the others. I think Stoke have similar and it looks poor to me.

You seriously can't be comparing the Stoke end with The Holte End .

Of course the Stoke stand is poor . 1- it's a new design stadium . 2 - It's Stoke.

The Holte End will be magnificent if it was the only stand in the ground!.

Seen this knocking around social media since the club statement... I'd be happy with this.

View attachment 47441
That dates back to the Lerner years doesn't it? From memory it was a 3 stage plan and the third tier on the North Stand was the final stage. Not sure if this version is real though as there's no way you could add another tier onto the Doug Ellis and I can't see us going to 60k capacity any time soon

That dates back to the Lerner years doesn't it? From memory it was a 3 stage plan and the third tier on the North Stand was the final stage. Not sure if this version is real though as there's no way you could add another tier onto the Doug Ellis and I can't see us going to 60k capacity any time soon
Agree, just thought it looked impressive and gave us something to look forward to.

And with 30k season tickets and a decent waiting list, a year or two more of sustained progress and improvement, and we'll be heading up towards 50k and beyond.

It's just nice to think big instead of the small-time nonsense we've had to endure.