The Leon Bailey Thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

The Leon Bailey Thread

asked a German colleague for thoughts on Bailey -

To be honest, I don’t know what you want with that Bailey guy ! He’s ok for the Bundesliga ( scored 28 goals in 119 games)but I don’t think he can play in the premier league, and he is never worth £30m….
Bumped

Bundesliga is apparently the second-best in Europe, personally, I think it's the 3rd best behind the PL and the Championship.
Football on a PlayStation is a little bit easier than on a pitch.
I hope he comes good but first impressions he's another Bert , Anwar or any of the other hit and miss players we've bought over the last few seasons. The only consistent thing about them is you're never going to know which one will turn up on any given week

Where is the player from the Everton game.

If you had shown me a clip from the last night and the Everton game side by side I would not believe that it was the same player.

No real pace, can’t get past his full back , doesn’t look like he wants to , looks devoid of ideas.

Can’t be fit. Maybe he has been rushed back because there is literally no one else. And playing in that shit show won’t help.

Very disappointed with what I've seen so far bar the Everton cameo of course. Has he been rushed back? Is it a lack of match fitness? Is he just crap?

If its the first option then he'll probably get injured again over the international break. If its lack of match fitness then maybe him playing a couple of extra games will do him good. If he's actually just crap then god help us.

He needs to be told to get past the fullback and and deliver crosses behind the opposition defence. Checking inside and putting crosses in front of a defence facing away from their goal isn’t going to create much.

I don't think I'll be judging any new players coming into a side this low on confidence.
I guess they're payed the big bucks to deliver. If the manager can receive criticism the players who can't do the basics sure deserve it too. Bailey was horrific last night, couldn't do anything right.

He needs to be told to get past the fullback and and deliver crosses behind the opposition defence. Checking inside and putting crosses in front of a defence facing away from their goal isn’t going to create much.

That’s what happens when you play inverted wingers. The majority of the time they will cut inside

We're seeing why they sold Bailey to us for £30m and they sold Havertz to Chelsea for £70m. I think Bailey will be a decent player but he's not superman who's going to do it all on his own. Seems like he could be a bit hit and miss... we'll see. I'm sure he's better than El Ghazi/Trezeguet and probably Traore who we've relied on in the past without Grealish

I guess they're payed the big bucks to deliver. If the manager can receive criticism the players who can't do the basics sure deserve it too. Bailey was horrific last night, couldn't do anything right.
That's true and individual performances are what they are but I'm just not going to say I think he's Nzogbia or Tonev mk.2 because anyone would struggle with us at the mo.

Even though he didn’t do an awful lot on Saturday as he was up against three centre halves and three in central midfield stifling his space, just his presence seems to raise the players and the fans. The only sub who could’ve changed the game for a win was Bailey, and he did come on and we won - and I think it was more an intangible factor than tangible.

We do need to avoid over relying on him and trying to play every ball to him, as it takes away accountability from other players to put a shift in and contribute.

Another one who hasn't been able to get fit and isn't really delivering. That's over £90m of signings who so far haven't contributed a great deal to the season.

We need more from Leon. Looks a talented player but question marks over his ability to keep fit, be consistent on the pitch and his decision making can leave a lot to be desired at times too.

Another one who hasn't been able to get fit and isn't really delivering. That's over £90m of signings who so far haven't contributed a great deal to the season.

We need more from Leon. Looks a talented player but question marks over his ability to keep fit, be consistent on the pitch and his decision making can leave a lot to be desired at times too.
Like a few others Pangloss, I just think he needs a run in a consistent side.

Consistently makes the wrong decision, consistently getting injured and unfit, his attempt to close Dias down was pathetic. Based on evidence so far, he's a complete and utter waste of money. N'Zobgia MK2.

Looked like that same left thigh again. Just needs a long time off to truly get it right. Hope he hasn’t done permanent damage with this coming back when clearly not fit. Been poorly managed all round since he signed it seems. Was he injured when he signed?. Took ages to get fit. Comes in gets injured. Comes back not fit. Poor form then gets injured again.

Bloody frustrating and pretty disastrous so far I’m afraid .

Looked like that same left thigh again. Just needs a long time off to truly get it right. Hope he hasn’t done permanent damage with this coming back when clearly not fit. Been poorly managed all round since he signed it seems. Was he injured when he signed?. Took ages to get fit. Comes in gets injured. Comes back not fit. Poor form then gets injured again.

Bloody frustrating and pretty disastrous so far I’m afraid .

Best outcome would be if we could claim the insurance money.