The Leon Bailey Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

The Leon Bailey Thread

Pity we don't look at players sick notes before we fork out silly money

Nigel De Jong on Amazon was saying Bailey had injury problems for a while in Germany so makes you wonder what due diligence is done. But I can’t believe at this level with the money involved and with the science out there things are not dotted and crossed.

Last edited:
He's played 52 out of 68 games in the last 2 seasons so I don't think he can be considered as a crock.

Whatever is going on, it's just not working for him at the moment (compounded by some really really poor decision making).

Looked like that same left thigh again. Just needs a long time off to truly get it right. Hope he hasn’t done permanent damage with this coming back when clearly not fit. Been poorly managed all round since he signed it seems. Was he injured when he signed?. Took ages to get fit. Comes in gets injured. Comes back not fit. Poor form then gets injured again.

Bloody frustrating and pretty disastrous so far I’m afraid .

Looked like his groin to me but left-sided, same side as the thigh pull the other month - perhaps he has a bigger issue on that side and these are just symptoms of that.

Given our medical team's record I won't be expecting him to play more than half a dozen games this season, especially with other players coming back from injury.

I guess we should probably write him off for three months until he's properly mended.

He's played 52 out of 68 games in the last 2 seasons so I don't think he can be considered as a crock.

Whatever is going on, it's just not working for him at the moment (compounded by some really really poor decision making).

No idea if De Jong was coming from any position of authority . You don’t see him over hear doing punditry much so I guessed he did a lot of Bundesliga stuff?. In any case Bailey has never been properly fit whatever the background is. Need to just bite the bullet and let him get it right however long it takes.

No idea if De Jong was coming from any position of authority . You don’t see him over hear doing punditry much so I guessed he did a lot of Bundesliga stuff?. In any case Bailey has never been properly fit whatever the background is. Need to just bite the bullet and let him get it right however long it takes.

I don't think they should rush him back now, give him a few months to get to full fitness and see what happens then.

Hopefully Traore is back in training soon, at the moment I feel like he could offer us more than Bailey.

I don't think they should rush him back now, give him a few months to get to full fitness and see what happens then.

Hopefully Traore is back in training soon, at the moment I feel like he could offer us more than Bailey.

I worry about any player we have coming back from an injury and going straight into the side. Starting to lose count how many players got injured, "recovered", played a game and got injured again within 3 matches. Started with Cash back in February and for weeks you could see Ollie and McGinn were completely fatigued in Feb/Mar.

He's got the skills and he's getting up to speed in a new league under a different system to the manager who he came here under. Giving him time.

He has never been fit. I put in this thread after the Saints game that he isn’t looking fit. A month on we are nowhere near further forward. Just take him out for extended period. Its the only thing now we can do to break this. We can’t as some have said - get rid. That’s barmy.

He needs to come back 100%. He has shown more bad than good to my mind. Worrying signing. Decision making on the ball is really bad.

He needs to come back 100%. He has shown more bad than good to my mind. Worrying signing. Decision making on the ball is really bad.

I think bar the Everton game he hasn't really shown anything to make me sit up and think that this was good money spent, and I agree with you on the decision making, it was extremely poor yesterday, and for £30m I think we would all expect a player who is better in that area.

I also want to get away from this "LeOn BaIleY Is S*I* AnD wE nEEd tO gEt rID oF HiM iN jAn" style write them off mentality that we have with all of our players (I'm also guilty of this) and see if things improve if/when he's fully fit again.

Given the nature of his injuries I do not think we will be seeing him for quite a while still. I think this player is anatomically like Daniel Sturridge and his career could well take a similar trajectory.

Leon Bailey has launched his own clothing line.

We should flog him to Man Utd in the summer. He'd fit in better with them.
Better doing this than spending his spare time punting cats and battering and threatening to kill women though.