The Leon Bailey Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Leon Bailey Thread

I did stumble on a report the other day, that Bailey's brother had accused their dad of mental and physical abuse. Craig Butler has of course denied this, but it does appear he sees his lads as some sort of meal ticket.

Welcome to Villa but I'm a tad sceptical about what you get for 30m these days. A 30m player seems to the the equivalent of a 6-10m player a decade ago. The good thing is that he is young so if he turns out to be a hit we will either make a fortune on him or have a good player for his best years.

asked a German colleague for thoughts on Bailey -

To be honest, I don’t know what you want with that Bailey guy ! He’s ok for the Bundesliga ( scored 28 goals in 119 games)but I don’t think he can play in the premier league, and he is never worth £30m….

asked a German colleague for thoughts on Bailey -

To be honest, I don’t know what you want with that Bailey guy ! He’s ok for the Bundesliga ( scored 28 goals in 119 games)but I don’t think he can play in the premier league, and he is never worth £30m….
So clueless then.

The stats earlier in this thread are impressive, (comparing with Son and another from the same league) ... from what I've read, he is a great acquisition, had a few fans of Bundesliga saying that he's a good signing.

Time, as with any signing, will tell.

I think it looks a good one to me.

Is his username Silhilldortmund?? 😂👍
just relaying info. The views from BL fans are mixed too. As for his stepdad / agent i don't think he'll be here too long unless he's really shit then we are stuck with him. If he has a good season (lets hope) he'll be angling for more money or a move

Is his username Silhilldortmund?? 😂👍
Haha! All seriousness, I don't mind your viewpoints Silhill, good to have a spectrum on here. I do sometimes read your messages in an eeyore accent though...

I remember someone on here way back when I was a secret stalker called Blackcountryvillan or something like that. Think you are some way off that level of negativity! What happened to that guy? Hope he's alright

Haha! All seriousness, I don't mind your viewpoints Silhill, good to have a spectrum on here. I do sometimes read your messages in an eeyore accent though...

I remember someone on here way back when I was a secret stalker called Blackcountryvillan or something like that. Think you are some way off that level of negativity! What happened to that guy? Hope he's alright

I’d like “Holte Lower” to return to the forum and to the jack Grealish thread specifically.

just relaying info. The views from BL fans are mixed too. As for his stepdad / agent i don't think he'll be here too long unless he's really shit then we are stuck with him. If he has a good season (lets hope) he'll be angling for more money or a move
It was a cheap shot mate :sorry:

I watched the vid interview with his stepdad and the one with him plenty of times and I hot the impression he considers Villa as a starting point to bigger and better , which is ok so long as as he gives us 110% while he is here .
Others have done it ( some worked some didn't ) so good luck to him , just my opinion.

Have to agree Tom Cat, think it takes all the characters to make this forum such fun!

Different opinions, perspectives, outlooks - if we all agreed what would be the point.

Healthy debate/argument mixed in with some light hearted piss taking - better than wondering the streets drunk.

I watched the vid interview with his stepdad and the one with him plenty of times and I hot the impression he considers Villa as a starting point to bigger and better , which is ok so long as as he gives us 110% while he is here .
Others have done it ( some worked some didn't ) so good luck to him , just my opinion.

Doesn't bother me, all players see clubs as a stepping point to better - some get the chance, others don't. As long as they perform and then we cash in, we win.

Agree with most of that Mike but .......

200w.gif