The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

The press are still living in the glory days of Ferguson when they believed Man Utd were the be all and end all and that anyone would want to join the club no matter what. They may have had a point then but now? Not in the same league these day both on the pitch or off it. Not a chance in hell of Emi moving there to be second choice. What an insult...they haven’t got a bloody clue!
Because there's millions and millions of gullible Man U fans to click the link and get their ad revenue up. That's it.

It reminds me of that middle class supporter from the Fast Show. “You had to be a Manchester United supporter where I came from... Haringay.”

have man utd said what there going to pay for him yet ? because thats what they do . they name a player that isnt even for sale then they say what they value him at and then try and get him cheaper
i see they want neto too from wolves and say he will be less than £50 million ........MAN UTD F$*K OFF its not the 90s now where you was the only club with money and you cant buy the league any more like you always used too

As Aston Villa fans, we are now used to the almost endless speculation in the press linking Jack Grealish with a move to X club in the upcoming summer transfer window. Linking is probably the wrong word...at times it seems like some outlets have a vested profit interest in seeing him move to a Manchester City or a Manchester United given how hard they push this agenda, usually based on absolutely nothing in the way of concrete proof.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...-star-talks-ambitions-oh-jacks-going-nowhere/

I never thought I'd consider 20+million for a keeper a bargain. Brilliant signing and brilliant from the whole defence. Considering we were bottom of every defensive statistic last season its incredible to think our goalie has equaled a clean sheet record.

So far still on relatively early viewing, and I hope we see many more games and seasons of this form, but I’d go as far as saying he’s the best goalie we have ever had. I don’t post statements like that lightly.

They said it was his 50th PL game. How sad given how long he has been available to play in the PL. Hopefully he will have many many more for us. He is a big lad and takes some beating once you get close to him

Totally agree. Credit to the coaching staff for sorting the defence out after last season as well.

The football they play from the back at times is genuinely world class. They are so in sync with each other and create the perfect angles. I’ve never had so much confidence in a back 5 playing a ball about as I have this combination.

It’ll be really interesting to see how they handle that with 40k groaners back in the stadium!

The football they play from the back at times is genuinely world class. They are so in sync with each other and create the perfect angles. I’ve never had so much confidence in a back 5 playing a ball about as I have this combination.

It’ll be really interesting to see how they handle that with 40k groaners back in the stadium!

Bit harsh that is Dan.

Bit harsh that is Dan.

I’m half joking. But it’s very different playing the ball about in your box in tight spaces without the pressure of 80k eyes on you. And we do have our fair share of groaners, I don’t care what anyone says! (I’ve been known to be one of them :sorry:)

Echo the sentiments above....Emi has proved to be worth every bit of the £18m we paid for him and more....but the improvement in the back 5 as a defensive unit has been really impressive, considering how vulnerable we looked last season. Yes, there have been individual and collective errors at times but the marked improvement has been one of the most encouraging aspects of the season for me.