The Emi Martinez Thread | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

I feel this would be a good signing. Still relatively young in GK terms and a player we can have for a good 4 yrs+. It will be nice to have a stable and settled GK after many seasons of instability.

I like Nyland, he did a brilliant job in helping us to a LC final, so still think he has a role to play. However Martinez would be an excellent no'1 for us.

If he did a Brad Friedel he could be our number one for 10 years, I would be quite okay with letting Tom Heaton go and wishing him all the best, definitely going to be very wary of his knee injury and just that split second decision could make all the difference, Martinez is also 6 years younger and 3 inches taller.

200w.gif

After all the rumours and social media hype, we finally got our number one target, namely Ollie Watkins. There are other names doing the rounds but it seems taget number two is a number one.... name Emiliano Martinez.

Personal terms have apparently been agreed so it just leaves the transfer fee to be agreed between us and Arsenal. So our medical facilities are primed and the pen is honed...

Will re-open if he comes to Villa, in the meantime, debate continues in the rumours thread.

Five live just said the Arsenal keeper is at Villa Park for a medical.
Rob Green said he cant believe the fee, reported as £20M, for a keeper who has failed to establish himself anywhere, been on loan most of his career, and purchased on the back of a few good performances at the end of last season.

Five live just said the Arsenal keeper is at Villa Park for a medical.
Rob Green said he cant believe the fee, reported as £20M, for a keeper who has failed to establish himself anywhere, been on loan most of his career, and purchased on the back of a few good performances at the end of last season.

yep spot on.

still can never have too many reserve keepers

Bent is an Arsenal supporter anyway, so you know were he's talking out of.....

This punditary, it seems a good job. I may consider taking it up myself. No qualifications, just know a bit about football. Lol...........

Bent is an Arsenal supporter anyway, so you know were he's talking out of.....

This punditary, it seems a good job. I may consider taking it up myself. No qualifications, just know a bit about football. Lol...........

You'd be ahead of most of them if you know 'a little bit' about the game lol