The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

I was just wondering if when he came to claim his first cross he still yells "Keepers" in English, I don't think he's ever played in Argentina as he was at Arsenal at 17 so probably never been a pro over there

Stretchered off in Argentina game. Looks like concussion from banging head against turf after stupid challenge from donkey Yeri Mina

Effing Mina [instantly booked] smashed him in the face with his left elbow/forearm when Martinez had the high ball in his hands and he fell to the ground where he smashed the back right side of his head on the ground. At least he was conscious but it looked serious. Pray he'll be ok. It was at least 8 minutes before he was stretched off with a neck brace on. Messi was clearly concerned. Later, minutes from the end of the 'game', Mina used Messi as a climbing frame, crap it was. Messi was not amused, sadly Mina stayed on the pitch.

Last edited:
Interviewed after game. Just concussion

Yeah I saw your post, did you actually see the interview ? An he went to the hospital after the game with a neck brace on, obviously precautionary but until he gets the all clear I wouldn’t assume he’s fine.

Just noticed on Sky sports that Emi is 3rd on the list of most saves behind Sam Johnstone and Ramsdale and just ahead of the clown at Leeds.

just shows how many shots we are still conceding