The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

I have never seen his wages published as he signed late in the transfer window I dont think it was picked up. Villa should at the end of this season sit down with him and negotiate a deal that makes him a very wealthy keeper. I know he has 3 years left but he has proven this season that he is the difference between bottom 6 in the league to top 6 in the league. You can not put a price on him, worth more to the club than Jack Grealish?

I think so.

Stange situation 14 clean sheets but 12 games we've shipped over two a game and are 9th because we've lost most of those.
I think he's the best keeper in this league as he's also 5th in the saves league and the 4 above him are with clubs who are at the bottom like Sam Johstone. Ederson doesn't feature as he rarely has much to do.

Our shot against saving ratio means we should be a lot lower in the league than we are.
Emi is indeed the biggest difference over last season, we've won a fair few games 1-0 this season and last season we would have lost those.

ps just imagine if we'd gone into this season with Jed Steer until Heaton was fit like many fans were saying.

I saw a stat on Monday night football last night, they were discussing Pickford and brought up the amount of times each keeper has claimed the ball from corners, set plays and such. Martinez was at the top of the list and apparently 95% of his "claims" are catches not punches which is the sign of a steady, confident keeper.

I think he's brilliant and will be the difference between us finishing bottom half and top half. Whoever scouted him out did brilliantly as I was thoroughly underwhelmed when I heard we were close to signing him. Shows how much I know.

I saw a stat on Monday night football last night, they were discussing Pickford and brought up the amount of times each keeper has claimed the ball from corners, set plays and such. Martinez was at the top of the list and apparently 95% of his "claims" are catches not punches which is the sign of a steady, confident keeper.

I think he's brilliant and will be the difference between us finishing bottom half and top half. Whoever scouted him out did brilliantly as I was thoroughly underwhelmed when I heard we were close to signing him. Shows how much I know.
I was thoroughly underwhelmed the last time we signed a keeper from Arsenal too. 1977. :slap:

I think scouting him was easy but getting him for that price was a masterstroke.

I have never seen his wages published as he signed late in the transfer window I dont think it was picked up. Villa should at the end of this season sit down with him and negotiate a deal that makes him a very wealthy keeper.
i wouldn't worry mate, i'm sure him and his agent will be beating a path to Purslow's door to sort that out

i agree mate but I remember many questioning why we spent 20m on a new keeper when Heaton would be back soon etc Just like many questioned 16m on cash when we had the French Cafu, Somes well mostly actually I'm glad Purslow Dean and Lange make the decisions and not supporters.

It would be interesting to see how much of an impact Lange had on decisions vs. Deano. Watkins and Cash seemed to be driven by Deano and then there was a connection between Traore and Terry. Barkley had the Grealish contact and then Emi is a difficult one to pinpoint.

How long was Lange involved before we made our signings and I ask that question because it was well known that he uses data analytics and Dean has experience with that at Brentford too.

Emi is the one player out of all of ours signings where I feel that came greatly into play since his game time was pretty limited too.

just read that emi is a top target for man utd WTF . why do they think that can still turn head at utd . they always thought that when utd came calling they would get there man at the price they think they should pay the asking price
i would tell utd that he is for sale if the price is right and the price we want is £100 million

It's all bollocks Dave.

Today City are back in pole position for Jack, so it frees up United to pounce for someone else lol

The press are still living in the glory days of Ferguson when they believed Man Utd were the be all and end all and that anyone would want to join the club no matter what. They may have had a point then but now? Not in the same league these day both on the pitch or off it. Not a chance in hell of Emi moving there to be second choice. What an insult...they haven’t got a bloody clue!