The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

So far still on relatively early viewing, and I hope we see many more games and seasons of this form, but I’d go as far as saying he’s the best goalie we have ever had. I don’t post statements like that lightly.
Bozzie is still my all time fave but if Emi can give us a few more seasons like this one that could change

He hasn't scored any goals for us yet. Needs to up that part of his game.

200w.gif

With him as a near certainty for the Argentine team and Luiz probably going with the Brazilians could we see the first Villa player to win an international tournament.

Wasn’t Emi close to being able to claim British citizenship or did I dream that? He would’ve walked into the England number 1 slot with his eyes closed, if Argentina had shafted him and he’d have wanted to change his allegiance (as much as I don’t really like players who do that)

Wasn’t Emi close to being able to claim British citizenship or did I dream that? He would’ve walked into the England number 1 slot with his eyes closed, if Argentina had shafted him and he’d have wanted to change his allegiance (as much as I don’t really like players who do that)

No way an Argentinian changes allegiance to England. Even if he wanted to I think the home nations have some sort of gentleman's agreement not to do that anyway.