The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

He's number 2 for them at the moment, behind the River Plate keeper - he's only had a handful of caps himself so if Emi keeps up his current form he shouldnt be too difficult to shift.

Proper keeper won us a couple of games this season and without him yesterday we lose. They were strong hands top top stops yesterday
Absolutely - Nick Pope won it for Burnley the other night and Martinez did the same for us yesterday.
The thing I like about him is that he just gets on with things. He had a nasty stamp on his hand (Che Adams I think) and he just shook it off and carried on - no fuss whatsoever.

Completely subjective, but he’s worth at least 12 points a season.

Friedel and Bosnich were worth about 10 a season.

Enckleman -3.

Some great saves again last night, always seems very calm and in control. One minor criticism his kicking again last night 3 or 4 poor clearances right into the middle of the park , similar to the one at Ci£y that lead to the dubious goal

£18 million . Unbelievable bit of business.

What a goalkeeper.

I would say Martinez is world class. Maybe he wouldn't have been world class in the past but in the current era he's just as good as any top keeper in the world. Szczęsny is number 1 at Juventus and nobody can convince me that Emi is a worse keeper than him.

Emi has been superb, best signing of the summer for me. Friedel was ok, but nowhere near the level of Bozzie or Emi

I loved Bossie but I was young in those days, so wasn’t sure if I was giving him too much credit because he was a hero of mine. I thought Friedel was class for us even if he was 38 or whatever he was, a giant in the goal.

I was very deliberate with saying Emi was worth at least (at least) 12 points because he’s nearly there already!

Emi Martínez called on a few of the forwards for additional time on the training pitch this week because he wasn’t happy with his performance in the defeat to West Ham. [@TheAthleticUK, @greggevans40] #avfc
Martínez: “I conceded three goals (vs West Ham) from angles that I never concede from. So (on Friday) I faced 20 shots from those angles and nobody beat me. I want to improve and if I concede goals in a game then I can do something better to stop them.” #avfc

Kind of sums up the mentality of the bloke.....no surprise he’s put in another great display today and kept yet another clean sheet with an attitude like this. What a terrific keeper we’ve got.