The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

A little bit of early morning humour for everyone...Danny Mills on Talkshite last night saying that Mendy would walk into the Villa team ahead of Martinez.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Sounds logical to me. He's probably the one who advised Southgate that Mason Mount is more talented than Grealish.... :rofl::rofl:
I'd take Emi or Tom over Mendy, and I'd take Jed over than Kepa fella too....

Without doubt the bargain of the season.

Genuinely think he is the signing of the season for the whole Premier League.

A lot of the keepers in the league are pretty bad and would have cost much more than him. Pope is a good keeper but Martinez is head and shoulders above him. Is Mendy any better than him? I don't think so.

And what I love about Martinez is I think he already loves the club, he knows he's at a big club and literally we have to worry about is one of the European giants coming in for him.

I think we'll have him for a long time and that is a relief.

A lot of the keepers in the league are pretty bad and would have cost much more than him. Pope is a good keeper but Martinez is head and shoulders above him. Is Mendy any better than him? I don't think so.

And what I love about Martinez is I think he already loves the club, he knows he's at a big club and literally we have to worry about is one of the European giants coming in for him.

Already a legend in my eyes simply for saying he’d made a step up in his career moving from Arsenal to us.....Piers Morgan/Harry Redknapp take note...!

Spot on and Mendy looks pretty poor to me as well. Martinez is one of the very best in the league.

Every time I see this thread light up and see his name, first thought that comes to mind is LEGEND! An to think some thought he wouldn't be good enough or worth the fee lol.

From what I've seen he's better than Bosnich, granted it's a much smaller sample size. Bosnich couldn't kick a ball to save his life. Martinez is one of the best with his feet that I've ever seen and he does all the other stuff well as well.

My only worry is that the footballing world cottons on to how good he is and then he's off to a Madrid or Barca in a year or two.

From what I've seen he's better than Bosnich, granted it's a much smaller sample size. Bosnich couldn't kick a ball to save his life. Martinez is one of the best with his feet that I've ever seen and he does all the other stuff well as well.

My only worry is that the footballing world cottons on to how good he is and then he's off to a Madrid or Barca in a year or two.

I think he is a rare find. Watched his interviews and I think he will stay for years and become a legend.