The Bertrand Traore Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Bertrand Traore Thread

Jack has posted a picture of Bert with the song Saturday night by Whigfield.

Jack has just created his new chant, man of many talents

Off topic, but don’t google Whigfield if you have a pleasant image in the bank from the 90’s because she has changed and not for the better

Last edited:
Jack has posted a picture of Bert with the song Saturday night by Whigfield.

Jack has just created his new chant, man of many talents

Off topic, but don’t google Whigfield if you have a pleasant image in the bank from the 90’s because she has changed and not for the better

I really hate that bloody song!

But anyway, great performance from Bert, deserved his goal.

We were never in doubt were we!

Amazed how cool he was when he scored that goal, Great to see him improving every game. As said above, he does his fair share of defending aswell.

You rarely see a goal like that in the 11 a side game. That’s a good goal in a 5 a side game, where you’re playing on a small pitch against usually keepers who don’t want to dive.

If Messi or Ronaldo did that it would be all over social media. Perhaps Thierry Henry could’ve done something like that in his prime and probably did, but the way he’s eyed up the goalie’s position and timed the shot against the movement of the defender coming across the line of the keeper is world class.

You rarely see a goal like that in the 11 a side game. That’s a good goal in a 5 a side game, where you’re playing on a small pitch against usually keepers who don’t want to dive.

If Messi or Ronaldo did that it would be all over social media. Perhaps Thierry Henry could’ve done something like that in his prime and probably did, but the way he’s eyed up the goalie’s position and timed the shot against the movement of the defender coming across the line of the keeper is world class.

Great movement by Ollie as well to create the space for him.

Let's hope it was a case of finding form and fitting in with the team that was the issue for his weaker earlier performances, because if last night was a sign of things to come, we've got one hell of a threat on the right wing. Link up play with Cash was superb last night. Excellent performance.

Great movement by Ollie as well to create the space for him.

I said similar in the match thread, Ollie didn’t have a great game but what he did do well was not congest the areas which Jack and Bert were playing in. He stayed up top often a bit outnumbered but if he had dropped deep it would’ve taken him and a defender into the space in front of the back four where we were controlling the game.

Good to see Bert coming to the fore now too. Not match fit and a little niggling injury when he first arrived if I recall, but now he's getting up to speed and beginning to settle into the team/squad.

Last nights' goal was class. He can only get better.

Let's hope it was a case of finding form and fitting in with the team that was the issue for his weaker earlier performances, because if last night was a sign of things to come, we've got one hell of a threat on the right wing. Link up play with Cash was superb last night. Excellent performance.

Traore had hardly played up until recently, it was way too early for people to be writing him off and I think those that did, were also the ones that didnt rate him before we signed him.
It was clear to see he wasnt match fit before and last night was probably the first time he's looked able to go the full 90. Like most wingers I think he will be a bit inconsistent, but thats why we need 3 or 4 wide players to choose from, so that we can rotate and drop when they are out of form.

Bert had a great game, really enjoyed himself and finally looked fit - seems to have come over night.

It was one game though against weaker opposition, he needs to step on now and look up to pace in the upcoming games which will be a lot tougher. I want to see him somewhere near Jacks level than Trez’s when we play Chelsea and United.

If he can do that, then I think we can say he’s settled in finally.

I think the way he took his goal last night has somewhat dispelled the view that his goal against Bristol City was a fluke. He has the ability to do the extraordinary and his goal last night was exquisite. I have to say that I was expecting him to bladder it and so was Sam Johnstone and probably everyone else in the ground.

Still a lot to work on defensively for me, he’s not a defensive player, never will be nor should we try and make him one, but he could at least just put himself better positions or try and stop a full back runner doubling up as it’s leaving us very exposed. We don’t want to have to drop him for the top teams because he’s so bad defensively, if he can at least be adequate that’ll do. Get Super Shakey to work on some positioning with him :throw:

The perfect starter against the lower teams though he’d be one of the first names on my team sheet.

He is exciting and with a pre season under his belt will get better, as he’ll be premier league match fit from the start.