The Bertrand Traore Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Bertrand Traore Thread

If you go back to when we were looking to buy him and read what I wrote you will find he's performing exactly as I expected and was told what he was like. This came from somebody who had coached him at Chelsea and was a few years ago. He had one good season in the poor French league and was regarded as a waste of space by the fans at Lyon who couldn't wait to see the back of him.

We had Bolasie on loan who was not up to the PL and I don't see this guy as being any better.

I really do hope I'm wrong.

Well in over 200 1st team appearances he's apparently only played on the left wing 7 times. Its not us, its just the new fashion to have wingers playing with their strongest foot on the inside

Don't you dare come on here, with your factual fact facts, and making a reasoned argument against my posts.

*walks off in a huff*

:grinning:

Yeah, must admit, makes no sense to me, but then again, most of modern football doesn't, I liked 442, I liked players who stayed on their feet, I liked when we didn't have to look at graphs to decide offsides, I liked being able to celebrate a goal and not wait for a video to tell me I have wasted my time and I could go on!

(And on and on and on and on)

Don't you dare come on here, with your factual fact facts, and making a reasoned argument against my posts.

*walks off in a huff*

:grinning:

Yeah, must admit, makes no sense to me, but then again, most of modern football doesn't, I liked 442, I liked players who stayed on their feet, I liked when we didn't have to look at graphs to decide offsides, I liked being able to celebrate a goal and not wait for a video to tell me I have wasted my time and I could go on!

(And on and on and on and on)

I like crosses made from the byline. But it's poison to wingers nowdays.

On Bert, it could go 50-50 but I think he needs games. He's hardly played. It could come good....I've got a hope he will. I like the way he moves around the pitch (as do I Ollie too).

He certainly put in a good shift last night. Looks a bit to me that he s trying to hard when he gets the ball. I think that he will get better the more he plays.
Exactly what I thought when you look at his career to date he's never really had a settled period which may have made him a little insecure.To me he looks like a rabbit caught in the head lights at times and he just doesn't know when to shoot, cross, pass or take on a player it may just be a case of a arm around his shoulder and give him some encouragement. Give him a run in the team let him build his confidence then I think he could be some player he has the ability he just needs to calm down and concentrate on his game more and I think he will be just fine.

I like crosses made from the byline. But it's poison to wingers nowdays.

On Bert, it could go 50-50 but I think he needs games. He's hardly played. It could come good....I've got a hope he will. I like the way he moves around the pitch (as do I Ollie too).
Yep to my mind, just assessing his performances, he has looked pretty poor so far but certainly needs more time before anyone can call him a poor signing.

I'm pretty sure he will have arrived on the recommendation of JT who will know him and his character pretty well.
certainly some skill and flare there, I don't think he's managed a full game yet so he's a work in progress, like Luiz last season perhaps

If the trend is to have left footed players cutting in from the right then buck the trend and play him down the left for at least part of a game.
Don’t be predictable.

@Pangloss for me I do think he has a huge amount of talent. I don't se him as just a great technician however I've highlighted Fulfords comment below because I to have a fear he is another Bolasie. Its little things with Traore that I don't see from many professional footballers.

So many players cant take the ball in their stride with their back to goal and have the confidence to turn and be on the front foot immediately. Most take a touch, compose themselves and then try turn or just pass it backwards. His confidence to play first time passes is another big thing for me. How many times do you see Trez take a touch before crosses when he should just hit.

We had Bolasie on loan who was not up to the PL and I don't see this guy as being any better.

Bolasie was until he got that injury but I agree the man was as wild and Traore is similar.

Off the back of what 57 said about Luiz, once he finally gets his match fitness up, he then needs to prove he is up to the speed and physicality of the English game. He seems to want to play at one pace quite a lot, but he needs to play at a much higher tempo if he wants to succeed.

I think his surname, YouTube videos and quality goal against Bristol have given him a huge honeymoon period with a lot of fans. Hope he can deliver at the end of it, and we don’t have another Adama situation on our hands where he succeeds somewhere else.

I'm willing to give this one some time. From what I've read about him, he really hasn't been a regular 90-minute player for quite some time and has been inconsistent. Even though he was at Chelski as a kid, it's still a big adjustment for him to come into this league on the back of a few years in a French league that is not known for competitiveness. He has shown, in glimpses that he has plenty of skill. Now he just has to match the skill with tactical nous, consistency and work-rate. Jury still out for me, but I see a player with the right tools.

Quality performance, used his skill and trickery for great reward and actually looked up to the speed of the game. It’s like someone has flicked a switch today and it fell into place.

A poor team who sat back is one thing, some tough games against Man U and Chelsea coming up so let’s hope he can be effective to some degree although naturally it will be tougher for him.

Delighted the fitness is coming though