The Bertrand Traore Thread | Vital Football

The Bertrand Traore Thread

Scrap that actually. Although Rashica signed his contract in Feb he didn't join up with them till the following season after Traore had left.

We'll see whether he has the mentality and consistency required , but this lad definitely has the quality and experience we are looking for.

Can't wait to see him tearing it up (and El Gash on the bench)

Another good piece of the puzzle for the villa.
Keep, saying it, all we missed last season from finishing in a comfortable position was a quality striker, we now have that in Ollie and and Traore with his experience and pace.
Happy days

This is probably his last chance and a career defining moment, £17m, adds pace and arguably better as a striker so will be able to cover Watkins as well.
I'm genuinely excited to see what he can do, I believe with him alone teams will be afraid of pressing us too much and leaving themselves vulnerable.
Good Luck Traore.

This is a fantastic signing, I think it might well be looked back on, in 3-4 seasons, as the key signing to our impressive rise to the Champions League.

Terrible signing, this will prove to be our downfall, can't quite believe it.

*note to self, come and delete the wrong one in a years time. :lol:

Yeah, genuinely don't know, his youtube things look good, some good stats before last season, mindful of the Lyon fans opinion but he might well have just fallen out there and will come with a massive point to prove.

This is a fantastic signing, I think it might well be looked back on, in 3-4 seasons, as the key signing to our impressive rise to the Champions League.

Terrible signing, this will prove to be our downfall, can't quite believe it.

*note to self, come and delete the wrong one in a years time. :lol:

Yeah, genuinely don't know, his youtube things look good, some good stats before last season, mindful of the Lyon fans opinion but he might well have just fallen out there and will come with a massive point to prove.

I think with our direct approach he'll be more effective, He seems to struggle when there's 11 men behind the ball but with teams paying more attention to the likes of Grealish, Watkins, SJM and hopefully Rashica it will give him the extra space to really run at them and push the team forward.

Sounds like a good guy off the pitch as well. I was reading a report the other day, of how earlier this year Traore sent a few truck loads of food & supplies to thousands of people in Burkina Faso who've been displaced by rebel groups. I know he's a wealthy lad, but these stories rarely make main stream media unless your name is Beckham. One night on the pop and his name would be everywhere.
Excited by this signing, skilful lad who has plenty of pace and strength to go with it.

Last edited:
Signing players with quality and pace....something we seem to have lacked for many a year! Clearly has the potential to be a more than decent signing, let’s hope we can get the best out of him. Can play on Monday too which is an added bonus!