The Bertrand Traore Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Bertrand Traore Thread

Looks ok. Offers nothing defensively though. Cash getting pelters for being out of position for their second when you can see Traore stood near the halfway line watching. That was when he was playing off the left in the trez position.
Better technically than trez but doesn’t put a shift in but that should be the easier fix.

Looks ok. Offers nothing defensively though. Cash getting pelters for being out of position for their second when you can see Traore stood near the halfway line watching. That was when he was playing off the left in the trez position.
Better technically than trez but doesn’t put a shift in but that should be the easier fix.

That was a point DS made afterwards. He said he needs fitness and to track back more. They both can be improved. He raises the general standard of the squad IMO. Its what we need to continue to do in January. Buy better than what we currently have playing and that in turn improves the bench.

I don't think Cash was out of position. He got caught ball watching and if he had been aware of March he had plenty of time to get to him.

Definitely, Luiz was the same. Neither seemed aware he was coming in at the back
Agree. Whoever was on that side should be tracking the opposing full-back. Not sure if it was Trez or Traore who failed to track as we seemed to changing shape constantly yesterday. The only things Luiz and Cash were guilty of was complacency in assuming that the opposing left-back wouldn't be that high, and if they were that our right sided attacker would be tracking him...
My boy Snoddy would've been there... :smoke:

I don't think Cash was out of position. He got caught ball watching and if he had been aware of March he had plenty of time to get to him.

Something was wrong somewhere, I'd have to look at it again but we can all agree March should not have had the time and space of Villa Park to pick his spot.

Traore isn't ready and its a similar issue we had last season. We can't afford to give players 50-60% of the season to get up to speed. Thankfully it only seems to be one things time as Martinez, Watkins, Barkley and Cash all seem to have hit the ground running.

Very indifferent performance from Traore again today. Quite a frustrating player who needs to up his level of involvement if he wants to stay in the Prem for more than a year.

Must say his cross in the 16th minute against Wolves was sublime.

I'll give him more time before judging but he hasn't made a great first impression. I see a player with ability but he's very hot or cold, touch can be awful at times and he can be pretty passive. Needs to show a lot more.

Very inconsistent touch and looks off the pace so far. A couple of balls into the box and one insane touch today shows he’s got quality though.

I’ll give him time, but needs to do more.

He reminds me of adama (Traore Diarra) when we had him , erratic style of play but has moments but just not enough of them .