The Bertrand Traore Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Bertrand Traore Thread

https://www.goal.com/en/news/bertra...lready-pre-planned/1imbwkj5fyzr21ujuy0zb0rke8

Traore said he meant it, got a little lucky but he wanted a goal with one touch, and if you don't try it's never a goal.
Nah, weaker foot, first time and the cheeky grin after gave it away for me. He can probably convince himself that he meant it though.

TBF you always have a chance if you put it across the keeper. Whatever is the actual truth, it was a great build-up and great goal, but I thought all of them were quality. Hope we see some more on Monday.

Nah, weaker foot, first time and the cheeky grin after gave it away for me. He can probably convince himself that he meant it though.

TBF you always have a chance if you put it across the keeper. Whatever is the actual truth, it was a great build-up and great goal, but I thought all of them were quality. Hope we see some more on Monday.
I hope he does convince himself he meant it (if he didn't?) Do his confidence the world of good.

I remember that goal by Dean Saunders against Ipswich. People said he didn't mean it and it was a cross.
Big Ron: "Of course he meant it. If he wasn't trying to score from there what do you think he was doing?'
Going by Big Ron's summing up of the situation I'll say Traore was trying to score 100%. Cracking, well executed goal.

That goal by Deano was hit from about 40 yards. Unless he was trying to smash it into the back of the Holte End I'm not sure what he else he could have been attemtpting

It’s great and unusual that a player needs to have a bad game for a new signing to get a go , lovely surprise to me that trez is playing this well , this will hopefully make Traore even more hungry

It’s great and unusual that a player needs to have a bad game for a new signing to get a go , lovely surprise to me that trez is playing this well , this will hopefully make Traore even more hungry

Dean can go "I want that amount of commitment from you chap"

Looks like he was playing on the right for Burkina Faso from the few minutes of highlights I've just watched. Got himself into the middle to score.
I get why people think Trez should start but if we'd have applied that theory to Barkley starting we might never have seen the greatest match of our top-flight era
Form is temporary class is permanent.

Looks like he was playing on the right for Burkina Faso from the few minutes of highlights I've just watched. Got himself into the middle to score.
I get why people think Trez should start but if we'd have applied that theory to Barkley starting we might never have seen the greatest match of our top-flight era
Form is temporary class is permanent.

I personally wouldn't read too much into Traore for country, great for fitness for him, but Burkina Faso has a team mostly filled of players from the Moroccan League and Frances second division, their main man who scored twice Aristide Bance is 36 years old and doesn't have a team.

We haven't see a massive amount of him yet, played poorly against Stoke so he had a chance, now it's about improving his fitness i guess.

Barkley was already fit and played for Chelsea the previous odd week, and then it's all about who applies what in training, We knew what we was getting from Barkley, we don't quite know what we are getting from Traore, definitely shown glimpses of promise and I would like to see him come on a lot sooner for Trezeguet, the reasons why he isn't is probably more down to Traore and not Trezeguet.

Last edited: