The Bertrand Traore Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Bertrand Traore Thread

I personally wouldn't read too much into Traore for country, great for fitness for him, but Burkina Faso has a team mostly filled of players from the Moroccan League and Frances second division, their main man who scored twice Aristide Bance is 36 years old and doesn't have a team.

We haven't see a massive amount of him yet, played poorly against Stoke so he had a chance, now it's about improving his fitness i guess.

Barkley was already fit and played for Chelsea the previous odd week, and then it's all about who applies what in training, We knew what we was getting from Barkley, we don't quite know what we are getting from Traore, definitely shown glimpses of promise and I would like to see him come on a lot sooner for Trezeguet, the reasons why he isn't is probably more down to Traore and not Trezeguet.

i wasn't reading anything into it, just pointing out he played on the right and not at CF has had been suggested he played for his country.
Can't really help where you are born, I'm sure George Best and Paul McGrath would have won world cups if they had played for England Brazil or Germany Argentina etc

i wasn't reading anything into it, just pointing out he played on the right and not at CF has had been suggested he played for his country.
Can't really help where you are born, I'm sure George Best and Paul McGrath would have won world cups if they had played for England Brazil or Germany Argentina etc
You're having a laugh now 57

Best wouldn't have got a look-in playing for England. Not if Southgate was in charge.
Or virtually any other England manager before or since. "Flair" players are, and have always been frowned upon by our all-knowing national managers, who prefer to tell the world we invented the game and the likes of Mason Mount and Carlton Palmer are better options than Grealish or Gascoigne.....

Or virtually any other England manager before or since. "Flair" players are, and have always been frowned upon by our all-knowing national managers, who prefer to tell the world we invented the game and the likes of Mason Mount and Carlton Palmer are better options than Grealish or Gascoigne.....
Thing is GM, it's not like Jack is just a luxury player. Jack adds value, he isn't carried by other members of the team.

Thing is GM, it's not like Jack is just a luxury player. Jack adds value, he isn't carried by other members of the team.
I agree 110% Merd, but he’s ALSO got flair (ie. Great 1v1 ability and unpredictability with the ball). Since the days of Marsh, Bowles and on to LeTissier et al, these types get labeled as “luxury” players and a the FA coaching courses teach to essentially beat these “bad habits” out of players... To be successful you have to be either perfect tactically (Germans) or have the skill/flair (Brazil). England are neither.... In fact we have a serious lack of flair and horrendous tactical discipline.

Well I thought he did ok yesterday. Looked fairly lively , wanted to get on the ball, showed for it and became involved. Can see why Deano brought him on instead of Connor who would have hidden until a set piece came about.

Has hardly played and has been injured so will take time but the more he plays, based on that performance the signs are there.

Well I thought he did ok yesterday. Looked fairly lively , wanted to get on the ball, showed for it and became involved. Can see why Deano brought him on instead of Connor who would have hidden until a set piece came about.

Has hardly played and has been injured so will take time but the more he plays, based on that performance the signs are there.

Indeed, technically he looks more than good enough I like the way he controls the ball, it’s almost like watching a computer game.

When he’s fully fit though I don’t want him in that central midfield I want him to be a bit selfish and stick to that right forward position using his energy to cut in and take the ball towards goal.

Given our record with players from the French league, I wasn’t convinced he’d be a game changer straight away - it could take him a few months to get up to fitness as he seems a long way off coming into a busy schedule.

Yes, he showed plenty, and as he gets used to his team mates and gets fitter he will only get better.

Indeed, technically he looks more than good enough I like the way he controls the ball, it’s almost like watching a computer game..

love that quote Dan and know exactly what you mean :lol:

he strikes me as a tricky player, a lot of the time he appears to be joggin rather than running but once or twice I saw signs of a real turn of pace. Look forward to seeing what he can contributor once he's settled

Wand of a left foot, got an assist, should be starting every week, just for that.
Sorry wrong player .
I think Smith got talked out of bringing on Hourihane by Shakespeare and Terry, Hourihane was up and warming up then Bert appeared and had to get his Shirt and pads sorted

Wand of a left foot, got an assist, should be starting every week, just for that.
Sorry wrong player .
I think Smith got talked out of bringing on Hourihane by Shakespeare and Terry, Hourihane was up and warming up then Bert appeared and had to get his Shirt and pads sorted

Whoever suggested it, it was a great call (could’ve been Smith we don’t know). I was fully expecting Conor and he would’ve done OK, but Bert was on a different level even if he did burn himself out due to fitness.

Whoever suggested it, it was a great call (could’ve been Smith we don’t know). I was fully expecting Conor and he would’ve done OK, but Bert was on a different level even if he did burn himself out due to fitness.
I saw the 3 coaches call to Smith and do the behind hands whisper stuff they do
that's why it took an age to get the sub on Hourihane was jogging up and down the touchline and Traore still sat down with no shirt even on

Mixed bag, some decent passes and touches in the first half, lovely ball in for the goal, poor after that.

He lacks fitness for sure but also appears to lack a bit of intensity in general. His inability to use his right foot at all is pretty frustrating for a player who likes to play on the right. That said, he doesn't lack ability.

Getting fit enough for this league is key then we can properly judge.

re-watched part of the match and watched motd highlights. Have to say, his free kick that led to the goal was outstanding, he was unlucky to hit the post instead of scoring, so yes, a good push for a start on that performance.

If he's fit he starts next game for me, purely on his skill level over Trez
Yes he needs game time. Trez I'm afraid is one of those players who don't quite have the skills he thinks he does. That is why he fluffs most of the things he tries. The Mind is willing but the body isn't able.

Yes, it is because I'm wracking my noggin as to whether I'm being unfair saying we don't get the ball to Ollie enough, so went and looked again. I stand by the thought! lol
I agree, we need to get Watkins in the game more. If he had been on the end of Trez's chances we would have won this game at a canter.