The Bertrand Traore Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Bertrand Traore Thread

Capable of the sublime .
Capable of the piss poor far more.

Tbh I'm bored of waiting for the likes of Anwar, Bert and Trez, Buendia to find any consistency. And so far Bailey looks no different to the above .
Yawn.
We need to replace these Smith philosophy players. They were part of his downfall and we are going nowhere fast with all of them together in the same squad. Decisions to be made and inevitably it should be first in first out. But I'm not convinced on the last in either .
I'd certainly settle for the sort of winger who can't pull off the sublime in a moment of pure genius but who's a consistent 7/10 player every week.

Capable of the sublime .
Capable of the piss poor far more.

Tbh I'm bored of waiting for the likes of Anwar, Bert and Trez, Buendia to find any consistency. And so far Bailey looks no different to the above .
Yawn.
We need to replace these Smith philosophy players. They were part of his downfall and we are going nowhere fast with all of them together in the same squad. Decisions to be made and inevitably it should be first in first out. But I'm not convinced on the last in either .
All of the above were purchased at a certain time for a fee we could afford. We will continue to invest and hopefully produce some talented youngsters to come through. They’ve all had great moments during their time with us and are part of the evolution of the side. I’d suggest that all the Big 6 are still searching for perfection as well - YKW to Citeh, Ronald McDonald to Yanited etc. Transfers have never been an exact science and therefore can be hit and miss. Think Trez and Anwar would be allowed to leave this Jan, but Bert, Leon and Emi2 are a step up from them and will stay unless we get a good offer.

This is nowhere near the team that Gerrard would want, but it’s what we’ve currently got. To get rid, we need a buyer - hope someone will come in for a few of our players, but I’m not holding my breath.

See Bert got the assist for Burkina Faso's opener against Cameroon in the AFCON, but Cameroon have equalised with a penalty.

Latest score, 1-1.

I'd certainly settle for the sort of winger who can't pull off the sublime in a moment of pure genius but who's a consistent 7/10 player every week.

100% - Harvey Barnes or Trossard are the type of lads we could do with until we get to a point where we can get a Salah or Mane. Good solid lads who consistently pose a threat all game and all season.

100% - Harvey Barnes or Trossard are the type of lads we could do with until we get to a point where we can get a Salah or Mane. Good solid lads who consistently pose a threat all game and all season.
Talking to my mate who's a Leicester season ticket holder - "Barnes is capable of some good stuff but he's completely inconsistent and disappears most games."
Now where have I heard that before...??? :unsure::grinning: